Seeyikes
01-19-2006, 09:39 PM
http://www.wcpo.com/news/2006/local/01/19/truck.html

PepsiBlue
01-19-2006, 09:54 PM
She just want some 7up, that all, lol

Mr Zabe
01-19-2006, 09:58 PM
I'll bet she will not get any 7up when she serves time in the un-cola state jail. LOL

ramonazo
01-20-2006, 12:08 AM
Her sentence will be... drinking one SIERRA MIST a day... :D

[ 01-19-2006, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

Mr Zabe
01-20-2006, 12:54 AM
MrR
LMAO...That was way too funny and painful. LOL

popologist
01-20-2006, 05:49 AM
is sierra mist THAT bad?

and... whatever happened to slice? was that discontinued?

i'm not much of a lemon-lime drinker, so i'm a little behind on this one.

Mr Nethead
01-20-2006, 11:05 AM
I hope the driver is okay. I imagine the woman's downfall was her bladder.

ramonazo
01-20-2006, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by popologist:
is sierra mist THAT bad?

and... whatever happened to slice? was that discontinued?

i'm not much of a lemon-lime drinker, so i'm a little behind on this one. I haven't tried it... and also I had the same doubt, but some people of this board commented that this lemon-lime soda doesn't have a good taste...

Slice was replaced last year for Tropicana Twister.

[ 01-20-2006, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

popologist
01-20-2006, 02:20 PM
oh. i thought sierra mist replaced slice.

and i always thought that slice sold pretty well... so i was surprised that it was discontinued. i mean, i figured it didn't sell as well as sprite... but sprite's been around for years.

speaking of which... when did sprite overtake 7up? isn't 7up the original?

ramonazo
01-20-2006, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by popologist:
oh. i thought sierra mist replaced slice.Well, you're right... Slice had a lemon-lime flavor too (I remember it was sold as imported here), but they discontinued that flavor, maybe it was replaced by Sierra Mist as you thought... also considering that Pepsi had Teem before Lemon-Lime Slice

Mr Zabe
01-20-2006, 03:19 PM
Here is my understanding.
The Slice brand was not doing well in most markets. Pepsi wanted to launch a new brand that would compete for the market that Sprite and 7up had for the most part shard.

Pepsi did all sorts of market research and launched a lemon lime soda pop that they felt would win over the young demographic.

Sprite signed on all kind of athletes to pitch their brand.

Sprites superior product and "hip" athletes still has been maintaining strong market share. S.M. has not done well, rumor has it that Pepsi may go back to the Slice brand. Which in my view would be good.

ramonazo
01-20-2006, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
Sprite signed on all kind of athletes to pitch their brand.You're right!... Grant Hill, LeBron James, and their partnership with the NBA had strengthed the brand a lot.

And Sierra Mist... well... they had Pelé and the MLS, but soccer is still not attractive to the american people... also "The Contender", reality show that is not getting much attention in Mexico...

[ 01-20-2006, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

BATBL18
01-20-2006, 04:19 PM
Well before they even brought out Sierra Mist as their lemon-lime soda, they tested Storm.

For everyone who doesn't know...Storm was a soda test-marketed by Pepsi introduced in 1998 in select test markets(much like Vault). Storm however was never released nationwide and quickly went away. Storm was a Caffeinated Lemon-Lime soda. So think 7-Up's dNL without the fruit flavoring. A caffeniated lemon-lime is a rare combination, so that could have contributed to its failure. Eventually Pepsi then developed and tested the current lemon-lime on the market, Sierra Mist.
There was also a diet version called Storm Light.

It was known to be test marketed in: Colorado (Denver/Colorado Springs), California, Indiana (Indianapolis), Philadelphia, PA, Omaha, NE, and Southern New Jersey.

Pictures:
Regular: http://www.usasoda.com/images/pcstorm.JPG
Diet: http://www.usasoda.com/images/pcdstorm.JPG

[ 01-20-2006, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: BATBL18 ]

bigrich
01-20-2006, 05:04 PM
Pepsi has never really pushed a Lemon Lime company wide before Sierra Mist. Too many Pepsi Bottlers had 7-UP and for years Pepsi did little to promote Teem and many bottlers did not bother with it. Teem was really pretty tasty and should not have went away. Pepsi gave their bottlers too many choices so they all failed. Some kept 7-UP, a few Teem, some dumped Teem and just kept Lemon-Lime Slice, Storm appeared at some bottlers and they dumped Teem for Storm. My suggestion is that they dump the nasty Sierra Mist (especially since most Pepsi bottlers do not produce 7-Up anymore) and do a national roll out with Teem. Teem at least tasted good. I also liked Storm, but Teem would do better for mass appeal.

[ 01-20-2006, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: bigrich ]

Mr Zabe
01-20-2006, 05:33 PM
I have not tasted Teem or Storm. I would gladly try them. Sierra Mist like you said is nasty. If I want a Sprite or 7up and the C-store is out of stock (cans or bottles) I will NOT buy Sierra Mist. I can't get myself to drink that sorry attempt at trying to be a lemon lime soft drink.

fusion
01-20-2006, 05:37 PM
Storm was AWESOME. I loved that stuff. I remember buying it at the dollar store (6pks for $1), produced by Pepsi Pennsauken NJ, after it was discontinued.

Sierra Mist is a top 10 soda. Maybe they just need to tweak the formula a little more to gain some ground on Sprite. It's already kicked 7Up out of the top ten.

PSOmasterX77
01-22-2006, 05:33 PM
Ummm I've had sierra mist, sprite, and 7up, and there's no way you can call one of them "bad" and say another is "good". They may have slight variations in taste, but if you like one, you like them all. You have to.

Mr Nethead
01-22-2006, 06:28 PM
I disagree. I can drink Sierra Mist, but I don't especially like it. I recently tried 7-Up again after years of not drinking it and I have to say it's the best lemon-lime. I always used to go with Sprite, but 7-Up creams it in the flavour department. Even so, Sierra Mist definitely comes in third in my book.

As a soda fan I can detect nuances in many sodas. Some people can't tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi, but I can tell the difference between them just by the smell.

sirslash
01-24-2006, 04:26 AM
I think Slice should come back in all forms....
Orange slice sold a helva lot better in my store and was never expired and returned like all the trop twister.... same with NEW pepsione ...it sells worst then the orginal... pitch black 2 sold worse then the orginal.... seira mist sells ok...but still not nearly as wellas sprite and 7up