PDA

View Full Version : so is cherry coke... "classic" or "new"...?

popologist
01-20-2006, 05:54 AM
i was just wondering if cherry coke...and the other flavored coca-colas are based on the "new coke" (diet coke) formula... or the coca-cola classic formula?

this may seem like a no-brainer, but... sinc cherry coke was formulate in the 80s... around the time of "new coke" and diet coke... i just wondered if it was ever based on that formula.

ramonazo
01-20-2006, 11:42 AM
I have the same doubt...

popologist
01-20-2006, 02:17 PM
well... it just seemed to me that when coke uses the "classic" formula... they put the whole word "coca-cola" on the can (i.e. coca-cola zero), but when they use the "new coke" formula... they use the word "coke" on the can (i.e. diet coke).

so, that's what got me wondering.

but... it used to be "cherry coke." but now it's "coca-cola cherry." so... i have no idea if it's a new formula or what.

AzRocks
01-20-2006, 03:53 PM
i dunno- when i tried Coca-Cola Cherry compared to Cherry Coke it seems pretty different. I could be imagining it but it seems like there is a lot more Cherry flavor in Coca-Cola Cherry. This could be my imagination thhough, although all of my friends say the same thing...

Mr Zabe
01-20-2006, 04:03 PM
If that is the case I wounder why Coca Cola has not put out a press release and or launched an add campaign to introduce the "improved" cherry taste. I will say if Coca Cola has changed the cherry formula to that of the black cherry formula, the new formula will go over quiet well.

[ 01-20-2006, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

gregmech26
01-20-2006, 08:07 PM
The new Black Cherry Vanilla Coke and Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper suck. I can't even force myself to drink them.

The new Coke Cola Cherry has LESS cherry flavor in my opinion. I much prefer the original Cherry Coke. It had a rich, well-defined cherry taste.

Why would Coke go out of its way to "fix" Cherry Coke when it wasn't broken?

I suppose everything is subjective when it comes to individual taste.

Dr. Pepper Berries & Cream will effectively put BCVC and CVDP out of their misery! smile.gif

[ 01-20-2006, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: gregmech26 ]

Mr Zabe
01-20-2006, 08:23 PM
I kind of think that Berries & Cream and BCVC will have the potential to be very successful independently. What I mean,as has been said before, high quality,great tasting soda pops will do well even in competition of one another.

I look at it like Coke & CS will have created a new viable catagory of soda pop. We all will be winners, some say tomato and some say tomoto.LOL

[ 01-20-2006, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

ramonazo
01-20-2006, 08:33 PM
potato patata... :D

[ 01-20-2006, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

PepsiBlue
01-21-2006, 12:26 AM
Coca-Cola Black Cherry Vanilla
Coca-Cola Cherry
Changing the game of cherry.

thats what the ads are

MATHA531
01-21-2006, 02:04 AM
Yeah for this they killed vanilla and diet vanilla...I mean if they thought cherry vanilla was so good and people were clamouring for it, well couldn't people simply fill a class half with cherry coke and half with vanilla coke (or diet cherry and diet vanilla)...this would give people 3 flavours....cherry, vanilla, and cherryvanilla.

They are still a bunch of morons for killing great flavours like vanilla and diet vanilla for this new garbage.

Mr Zabe
01-21-2006, 02:19 AM
LOL...To me ( because I was a cat owner) Vanilla Coke smelled like cat puke. LOL I tried to drink it a few times. I never finished a full glass.
So one man's treasure can be another man's junk. LOL

It still amazes me that I like BCVC so much. Oh well go figure. tongue.gif

popologist
01-21-2006, 06:31 AM
i don't really like any of the variations.

when i want a coke. i drink a coke.

when i want a dr pepper. i drink a dr pepper.

and when i want a diet coke... i drink a coke zero. ;)

someguytyping
04-06-2006, 09:59 PM
if they change cherry coke I will be very mad about that, cherry coke doesn't need to be changed it's perfect as is.

mjb1124
04-06-2006, 11:46 PM
Have they really changed Cherry Coke? I was under the assumption that it was name only. And if they really did change it, I would think that we'd have a mob of complainers. I mean, if the Diet Mountain Dew formula change caused such an uproar...

billygtexas
04-08-2006, 08:40 PM
Coke hasnt messed with the formula. I have tried both the "new" regular and diet Coca-Cola Cherry and they taste just like the old Cherry Coke.

I just wish Coke would change to using Coke Zero for thier base for ALL thier diet Cherry-Vanilla-Lemon whatever formulas. Diet Coke was lousy with any extra flavoring, and thats why those drinks never sold.