PDA

View Full Version : mid-calorie coke on the way????

sundrop
06-05-2003, 05:18 PM
http://www.ajc.com/business/content/business/coke/0603/02calorie.html

thoughts????

teamtitan512
06-05-2003, 05:56 PM
Let them try and fail with another product.

I don't necessarily understand how you can create something mid-calorie, and how you would sweeten it. Do you mix something like aspartame or ace-k and HFCS? I mean with one or the other, the result will be none or normal amounts of calories.

Android
06-05-2003, 06:54 PM
Wasn't Pepsi XL (or Pepsi Max) Ace-K plus sugar? Maybe this new Coke will be something similar, or sucralose with fructose, or something weird like that.

Speaking of sucralose, has ANYONE seen Diet RC anywhere? I had my eyeballs open for it on my road trip last week and never saw it anywhere, just Diet Rite.

andy

bigrich
06-05-2003, 07:01 PM
Diet RC can be found in the area served by Royal Crown Bottling of Chicago, IL, and also in the area served by All-American Bottling Company, Louisville, KY.

Android
06-05-2003, 07:29 PM
darn, I got some Cherry RC from All American. Almost didn't buy it til I saw the word "All" - as everything I've ever had from "American" bottling was terrible.) Didn't see any Diet RC though, but I was at a convenience store somewhere in Tennesse or Kentucky at the time.

andy

bigrich
06-05-2003, 09:38 PM
All-American is a totally different company than American. All-American products are top notch, not waterdown like American.

Android
06-05-2003, 09:46 PM
yeah, I know that very well. Thats why I almost passed until I saw the "All"

PopNutz
06-05-2003, 10:15 PM
I just don't see this working! You either want the sugar or you want the diet but I just don't see the need for anything in between. Heck just start putting REAL sugar back in Coke and sales will skyrocket!!!!!

I've seen the Diet RC around the Mid-South area a time or two since Pepsi lost 7up in that area but it's a hard find and I've yet to try one.

drpep
06-05-2003, 10:18 PM
I think you can still get Diet RC off the Bevnet site.

SURGE
06-06-2003, 02:00 AM
Joy another male directed Pepsi-One type drink. Dumb! Sure One wasn't mid calories but it was marketed as "not a diet" but still healthy. This will fail.

teamtitan512
06-06-2003, 08:35 PM
I wonder why Cherry RC isn't national. I wouldn't mind seeing a Vanilla RC either, that would be an interesting taste sensation.

SURGE
06-22-2003, 10:16 PM
I love RC but the flavor seems a bit harsh for vanilla. Still though it might be cool.

boodoo
06-23-2003, 08:30 AM
Diet RC is available at most grocery stores in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area serviced by DP of Texas.

teamtitan512
06-23-2003, 03:12 PM
American Bottling has recently brought a lot of products into Western PA, considering they've just acquired 7Up universally through the region, got Sunkist, Squirt, and Welch's universally thanks to the CCE Herbco purchase, got Canada Dry in most places (It appears it may be being simultaneously produced in the Johnstown area w/Seagram's by CCE, in the Altoona area, Canada Dry is the only ginger ale choice still). Plus, they've rolled out Diet RC, Big Red, and Sun Drop there. For not having a lot of products for a lot of years, American is making noise in Western PA now.