PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Pepsi.....?

BottleBoss
09-28-2004, 03:08 PM
When does the Holiday Pepsi come out? Anyone know?

Robot
09-28-2004, 03:17 PM
I believe Pepsi Holiday Spice is suppsed to be around for Nov/Dec, so it will probably hit right around halloween or so.. no?

cant wait for it, either!

Shatter
09-29-2004, 03:16 AM
Mountain Dew Pitch Black will be gone right after Halloween, so i'd imagine that it wouldn't be too long after that. I'd think they would want to get it out as soon as they could to lead into the Thanksgiving season.

PhillySteve
09-29-2004, 12:09 PM
Holiday Spice launches Nov. 1st.

Coke04
09-29-2004, 06:21 PM
Groooooooooooooooooooooooossssssssssss. But that's just my opinion.

XLS_04
09-30-2004, 02:53 PM
I can't wait for it to come out.

Robot
09-30-2004, 02:59 PM
me neither, I think it could be amazing.. however, I also know it could be really bad.

but the spices they will be adding seem like tastes that would go well with cola.. however, i still dont see why they havent tried adding a chocolate flavor to cola yet.. the chocolate flavor rage that coke had out to mix with coca-cola, was amazing.

BottleBoss
09-30-2004, 04:07 PM
I am more excited to try this Holiday Pepsi than any of the other recent "new" sodas. As for Chocolate colas, catawissa bottling had one that they bottled for another company the last time I was there. I can't remember the brand though. The flavor rage additives can now be found at Wal-Marts around here. two of them in a Double Cola is really good.

Coke04
09-30-2004, 05:58 PM
The only Flavor Rage syrups around here have cherry and vanilla; what else is available?

Robot
09-30-2004, 06:46 PM
i only saw cherry and chocolate here in chicago.. iguess the cherry was for sprite...

fusion
09-30-2004, 10:53 PM
Cherry, Chocolate, Raspberry and Vanilla are/were available in Wal-Mart. They were in long packets, on top of the coolers at the checkouts. They were handled by Wal-Mart and distributed by McLane, not by Coke bottlers.

The vanilla is pretty good in a Barq's RB.

Also, Wal-Mart did a Kid Connection chubby 8oz bottle of chocolate cola. It was pretty darn good. I'm not sure if they still make it, though.

JMHX316
10-01-2004, 12:30 AM
Kid Connections tasted okay, but they were 8 oz only for a reason. They were PACKED with sugar, and would've almost been undrinkable (by an adult anyway) in larger quantities. I really enjoyed the blue one, though (bubble gum, I think?).

And to stay on topic, I think Holiday Spice will be great, if they're liberal with the cinnimon, and conservative with the ginger. Also sounds like it'll be a good mixer for all the drunks out there :D

[ 09-30-2004, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: JMHX316 ]

The Doomite
10-01-2004, 03:32 AM
I'm still anxiously looking forward to the time that I can try Pepsi Holiday Spice myself. I got a 12 pack of Pitch Black the last time I went for canned drinks (teamed up with a 12 pack of Pepsi Vanilla). I'm glad I did for the novelty of the can design, but as I continue to drink it, I realize that I can take it or leave it when it comes to flavor. I hope the Holiday Spice tastes as good as it sounds. I guess I'll have to wait a month to find out though. Oh well, The Doomite Is Out! :eek:

teamtitan512
10-02-2004, 03:51 AM
Speaking of Pitch Black, it's only here now in fake FridgeMates from Baltimore, which everything else comes from Johnstown. Livewire is off the shelves now, and Pitch Black is soon to follow. It did horribly. No one I knew actually liked the drink, and most all I asked were hardcore Dew drinkers of regular, Code Red, and Livewire.

Robot
10-02-2004, 03:09 PM
hmm thats interesting.. in chicago it seems to sell amazingly well... in fact its kinda hard to find 12 pack of pitch black right now. 20oz is easy to find, and its usually 99 cents at gas stations, but the 12 packs are damn near impossible to find and are like 3-4$.

Shatter
10-03-2004, 12:02 AM
I talked to my store's Pepsi salesman, and he's tried the new Pepsi Holiday Spice. He said that cinnamon, ginger, and Pepsi didn't sound like that great of a flavor combination to him at first, but he thought it was suprisingly good. It's going to be rolled out here October 28th.

Robot
10-03-2004, 04:14 PM
egggssellent.. cant wait.

The Doomite
10-03-2004, 11:14 PM
Now that I've heard a (secondhand) opinion of the taste of Holiday Spice, I REALLY wanna try it! *laughs* Thanks for the post Shatter! The Doomite Is Out! :eek:

Lord Turbine
10-13-2004, 01:19 AM
Warning: do not simulate the taste of Holiday Spice by taking a spoonful of cinammon, a spoonful of ginger, and swig of Pepsi, and shoving it all in your mouth at once.

My friends and I tried this last week for our 'Jacka$$' tape, and Steven (friend) threw up, Nick (friend) almost choked to death, and I threw up three times. It tastes nasty to boot.

sodasommelier
10-16-2004, 02:00 AM
I cannot believe anyone would even buy this stuff... they copied Black Lemonade (must have taken 10 years of bored meetings to make this decision)... of course they put it in plastic and cans... cannot even see the color in cans; DUH!

As for Holiday Spice... do you want Pepsi doing you holidays for you too? Do you buy a "Thanksgiving Dinner with all the fixin's" from Albertsons too??? Gee whiz!!

Acheron
10-26-2004, 08:30 AM
Holiday Spice just arrived at the HyVee I work at in Cedar Rapids, IA and I got my grubby mitts on a bottle and I must say...

It tastes like Classic Coke, just a bit less acidic. Strange. Not sure if this is an oddity, but there's way more cola than spice here. When someone else gets a bottle, they'll have to let me know whether I'm hallucinating or not on this one.

Also they put a little Red 40 in it, so it's a bit more red than most colas.

Robot
10-26-2004, 03:44 PM
hmm, does that mean chicago might have it already too?

BottleBoss
10-26-2004, 05:15 PM
I don't shop at albertsons for Thanksgiving...... but I would buy Turkey and Gravy soda if I could get some. MMMMMmmmmmmmmmm!

Robot
10-27-2004, 04:36 AM
couldnt find any in chicago yet, if you find it in your town post it here so we know to look!

Terry K
10-27-2004, 04:43 AM
This means Pepsi Americas has it out and ready to go. I'll have some Holiday Spice Pepsi in a day or two =)

I'm gonna take a wild guess that UG pepsi (Urbandale) has run it first and has it on the streets.

bigrich
10-27-2004, 09:45 AM
A Pepsi Americas Rep. told me it is out. I have failed to see it anywhere here. They have the laziest Reps. I have ever seen. He said he forgot to order it for his accounts this week and most other Reps. did the same. All sizes are due out next week.

mildogg
10-27-2004, 06:19 PM
jimmy, found it at dominicks in palos heights. it is horrible...

Robot
10-27-2004, 07:09 PM
palos heights huh?

damn, i hope we have different tastes! i was looking forward to this stuff!

mildogg
10-27-2004, 08:03 PM
hey jimmy, who do you work for out here

Robot
10-27-2004, 08:50 PM
Don't work in the beverage business! Would love to get involved in some smaller beverage company, but currently am not.

Robot
10-28-2004, 04:42 PM
okay i just got some pepsi holiday spice in 20oz bottles..

its very weird, i dont think many people will like it..

i actualyl do like it because its a bit 'different'.. but it wont be something someone will go "oh pass me another holiday spice!"

will have to finish the 20oz before i can give my final review.

The Doomite
10-29-2004, 02:43 AM
I'm hoping it's here in my area when I check out Wal-Mart tomorrow. I'll probably buy both a 20 oz. and a 12 pack, just for kicks. As usual, I'll let y'all know about what I think of it as soon as I can. The Doomite Is Out! :eek:

Robot
10-29-2004, 04:55 AM
God, I hate to say it, but I dont think I like it.. of cousre I've only had 1/2 of a 20oz.. and often times the first time i have a soda I dont like it, only to be craving it a day or two later..

but i must say, so far, i would much prefer a pepsi one or regular coke to pepsi holiday spice.

Refreshed Magicman
10-29-2004, 12:26 PM
Re. flavor add ons, I belive Target has Cherry, Raspberry, and Chocolate. All free and can be added to your fountain or ICEE drink. They could've changes the flavors but last time I was in one of their stores, I tried a Sprite with Raspberry shot and it was pretty darn GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. The cool thing at Target is it's self serve, so you can add as much flavor as your heart desires.

Refreshed Magicman
10-29-2004, 12:27 PM
Oh, on Pepsi Spice, I don't know about the flavor but I know in the Far East they have a Ginger-flavored cola which sells prety good.

bigrich
10-29-2004, 04:35 PM
I like it. I would have to say it is better than regular Pepsi. Pepsi Americas has it in 20 oz and 2L now.

tpetry
10-29-2004, 04:51 PM
I tried it at the NACS trade show in Vegas a couple weekends ago. I'm definately a coke person, but the Pepsi Spice was suprisingly good. The product is supposed to be released Nov 1 and be avail until Jan 1.

drpep
10-29-2004, 07:52 PM
Yuck.

Shatter
10-30-2004, 12:31 AM
It STILL hasn't shown up here, although my store's Pepsi guy told me it should have been in days ago.

teamtitan512
10-30-2004, 01:46 AM
PBG has it here in 20 oz. I saw it in the coolers at the local Wal-Mart. I'll try it sometime next week, and give a verdict. I don't know what to expect w/me liking it or not, being a Coke guy for sure.

halloaaryn
10-30-2004, 11:56 AM
I like it, A LOT.

Lord Turbine
10-30-2004, 07:59 PM
..... DELICIOUS! This is a beverage marvel! I just got 2 liters of it, and plan to buy more.

Shatter
10-30-2004, 08:35 PM
I bought it today, and I kind of liked it. It wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible, either. I'd buy it again.

Coke04
10-31-2004, 05:39 PM
I saw it in 20 oz. I don't really have an urge to buy it because it sounds disgusting to me. I'll probably try it in a couple of weeks for laughs, though.

BottleBoss
11-01-2004, 08:22 AM
I looked for it at several places this past weekend in the Maryland/ W.V. area but could not find it yet. TeamTitan says he saw it so I suppose I will be finding it myself shortly.

teamtitan512
11-01-2004, 11:24 PM
It's here in Cumberland from Pepsi's Johnstown PBG facility. I got a 20 oz. at the local Wal-Mart here today. I haven't seen it anywhere else. Over the weekend, I was in Ohio and found it in 20 oz., 2L, and FridgeMates from PepsiAmericas code TG (Youngstown?).

It's not the greatest. The first half and second half did taste greatly different. The first half tasted like Coke, not Pepsi, with a vile cinnamon aftertaste that really took me a while to get over. I never got used to that. The second half had no cinnamon taste, and just tasted like Coke. It's almost an indirect way of Pepsi admitting they make an inferior product to Coke.

It's not the worst drink I've ever tasted, but I don't like the cinnamon taste in the Pepsi, and since the rest tastes like Coke, I might as well just go buy the real thing.

The Doomite
11-01-2004, 11:49 PM
Last time I looked around this area (today), I have yet to find the Holiday Spice. I sure hope this isn't a limited area thing, because I really wanna try it! Oh well, the search continues... The Doomite Is Out! :eek:

EnergyKing
11-02-2004, 01:19 AM
But man the stuff sounds gross!!!

Shatter
11-02-2004, 02:50 AM
I've had three so far, and they just seem to get better with each bottle. The first one was a bit of a shock to my taste buds, but you need time to get used to it. I think it's really good. I'll probably drink another one tomorrow, too.

Acheron
11-02-2004, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by teamtitan512:
It's here in Cumberland from Pepsi's Johnstown PBG facility. I got a 20 oz. at the local Wal-Mart here today. I haven't seen it anywhere else. Over the weekend, I was in Ohio and found it in 20 oz., 2L, and FridgeMates from PepsiAmericas code TG (Youngstown?).

It's not the greatest. The first half and second half did taste greatly different. The first half tasted like Coke, not Pepsi, with a vile cinnamon aftertaste that really took me a while to get over. I never got used to that. The second half had no cinnamon taste, and just tasted like Coke. It's almost an indirect way of Pepsi admitting they make an inferior product to Coke.

It's not the worst drink I've ever tasted, but I don't like the cinnamon taste in the Pepsi, and since the rest tastes like Coke, I might as well just go buy the real thing. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks it tastes like Coke.

BottleBoss
11-02-2004, 08:42 AM
Well I found some at a gas station on East Street in Frederick, Maryland. They had it in 2 liter bottles. I am very dissapointed with it. It does taste like Coke with a ginger after taste, and a very mild one at that. It barely tastes different than their regular product. They really had an opportunity to make a decent unique drink here and blew it in my mind. Why are they so afraid of making a departure from their regular tasting product? What a dissapointment. It's not bad, it's just not outstanding.

RunWithDaLilGuy
11-02-2004, 11:42 AM
pepsi michigan is really having a hard time getting it out. so far i've only seen it in a driver-sell, not bulk route account and only in 2-liters. neither meijer, nor kroger, has it yet.

Robot
11-02-2004, 01:25 PM
i dont get anyone who says this is too bland or not different enough.. i drink lots of soda, and this is VERY weird tasting to me, I dont think it will do that well because it took TOO MANY chances...

teamtitan512
11-02-2004, 04:57 PM
Martin's/Giant-PA has it here in 20 oz. and 2L now. No 12 packs yet. Pepsi Edge and MD Pitch Black are also no longer being produced by PBG-Johnstown, they're now in fake FridgeMates from Baltimore here. Looks bad for both brands.

upinarms
11-02-2004, 10:38 PM
I got mine at a CVS pharmacy today and I was actually surprised. I mean, the blend of spices with a cola is enough to alarm anyone. But like most others, even with the notion it might be gross you try it anyway.

I actually thought it was smooth and pretty decent. The added spices don't come off offensive somehow and deliever a subtle bite to the beverage.

At first I was really skeptical but I can honestly see myself drinking a bit of it during its limited run.

The Doomite
11-03-2004, 06:39 PM
Well, I finally managed to get my hands on a 20 oz. bottle of Holiday Spice, and here's my take on it. Upon my first sip, I too caught the flavors of the spices coming through the taste of Pepsi. I was surprised by how the cinnamon flavor comes through here. I was kinda thinking it'd be more of a cinnamon flavor like you'd find in Atomic Fireball jawbreakers. But this stuff tastes more like natural cinnamon. The color of Holiday Spice is interesting, kind of a reddish-brown. I'm also noticing a little bit of ginger bite aftertaste to it. Overall, I'm glad Pepsi came out with this stuff. Next time I'm at Wal-Mart, I'm definitely getting a 12 pack of Holdiay Spice. It's good stuff, in my opinion! The Doomite Is Out! :eek:

DPDude
11-03-2004, 08:01 PM
Pepsi Holiday Spice finally arrived in south Texas, showing up Monday in 2L bottles and 12oz 12 packs. I chilled some down last night had a can this afternoon.

I was thrown off by the red color of it and further thrown off by the taste. I was expecting that it would be Pepsi with some cinnamon and/or ginger flavoring but this stuff is just weird. Not bad weird, but just weird. I didn't detect much of a cola in this product and would count it more as a flavored soda like Red Fusion or Pepsi Blue.

Back in the 80's there was a product sold in southern California called Mexi-Cola that was a generic cola with cinnamon flavoring. That was a great product and I drank all I could before my supply ran out. I was expecting something more like that than what Pepsi has delivered.

This product is not bad and is one of the better offerings that Pepsi as come up with, clearly better than Pepsi Blue, and it's pretty original for a major player like Pepsi. I won't be drinking this stuff in mass quantities, and I don't think anyone else will either, but it is good to see more variety in the market if only for a short time.

Dr. Galaga
11-03-2004, 09:57 PM
You all suck!
I still can not find it here in NW Indiana.

EnergyKing
11-03-2004, 10:20 PM
Seen it in Portland Oregon @ Safeway

XLS_04
11-04-2004, 09:36 AM
tried this a few days ago and really enjoyed it, hopefully this will become an annual thing.

Sirtoddalot
11-06-2004, 06:22 PM
I dont like pepsi, but i'm curious about holiday pepsi, Would a non-pepsi drinker like holiday pepsi?

PhillySteve
11-06-2004, 11:09 PM
Personally, I prefer Coke over Pepsi. Pepsi is too sweet for me, but I really like the Holiday Spice.

JMHX316
11-08-2004, 11:44 PM
I was going to review it, but The Doomite stole every thing I was going to say :)

The Doomite
11-09-2004, 01:15 AM
Darn, sorry about that, JMHX... *laughs* Seriously though, I bought two 2 liter bottles of Holiday Spice this past Friday at the local Wal-Mart. It's weird, they've got 2-liters at Wal-Mart, but nothing else. No 12 packs, no 20 oz. bottles, nothing. Otherwise, I'd have gotten a 12 pack. That first 20 oz. bottle I got was from a local convenience store. I might have to look for it in 12 packs elsewhere, see if I can have any better luck. The Doomite Is Out! :eek:

KanKing
11-09-2004, 11:06 AM
The KanKing thinks it is not bad. But it should have a little more 'spice' to it. More cinnamon, more ginger. Then it would be near perfect.

XLS_04
11-11-2004, 04:33 AM
I notice the 2 liter bottles taste kinda weak. But that is somewhat common for most sodas.

SplitLevelP
11-11-2004, 05:16 PM
I tried this stuff this week.It was very good and forsomeone like me who don't drink much soda that is trouble :D

Sirtoddalot
11-12-2004, 05:58 PM
I found it finally at a local shaws, they only had like twenty 2 liter bottles, which I thought was rather odd.

Anywho, i have always been very ANTI-PEPSI! but i must confess that i kind of like this stuff. not bad, bot bad at all.

steveu
11-14-2004, 07:02 PM
It's been surprisingly easy to find on both sides of the Bridge in N. Michigan. I first tried it about 10 days ago with high expectations ... and was disappointed. The first thing I said about it was "the taste kind of dies in your mouth."

Nonetheless, it's still different and, for the caffeine beverages I prefer, is still pretty good. My expectations were just too high. I've bought a lot of it since.

p.s. I also liked Pitch Black, actually better than I thought I would and have drunk a lot of that, too. Though I'm not much of a regular Dew drinker, I also liked Live Wire a lot. Not a big Code Red fan, though. No, I can't explain it.

dewdrinker
11-17-2004, 12:59 PM
Here in Northwest PA it's in the grocery chains and in Wal-Mart. Only in 20oz and 2L right now though. No cans and no 6 packs of 20oz's. Still not in c-stores and not sure if it will be.

A Pepsi rep was just stocking it at the Wal-Mart I was in yesterday. I asked him about cans and he said he just had the 20oz and the 2L's. He did mention that Holiday Spice would be in the Target ad this coming Sunday. Not sure if it will be cans or what. Maybe they are giving Target first crack at the cans.

KanKing
11-17-2004, 05:22 PM
I saw cans at "County Market" and "Weiss" in central Maryland.

Drinking it in cans is the best possible way of having it of course! ;)

[ 11-17-2004, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: KanKing ]

RunWithDaLilGuy
11-17-2004, 06:26 PM
nah it's been out for a couple weeks. seems to be doing well on initial purchases but a lot of people think it's "nasty"

Drink
12-04-2004, 09:45 PM
I hate it (I don't like regular pepsi but it's better than this,infact Coca-Cola C2 is better than this)

RunWithDaLilGuy
12-05-2004, 08:47 AM
i've heard from a lot of people that it tastes like coke, with no prompting from me at all. bizarre. i just don't taste that.

Android
12-05-2004, 11:12 AM
I bought a 12 pack while in Colorado, drank a couple of cans and brought the rest into work to share (it's not available here locally in central WY that I've seen) - No one thought it tasted like Coke. One guy thought it tasted sort of like "Hot Damn" cinnamon schnapps without the alcohol. One of my managers thought it tasted like tweaked RC Cola to him. Me, I don't know what to think of it, its a little different but nothing big.

andy

[ 12-05-2004, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: Android ]

upinarms
12-05-2004, 01:26 PM
I noticed the fridge packs are starting to pop up now so I went and grabbed one. It seems to taste a bit different.

I guess its possible the first production batch differs from when the production becomes steady. Or maybe the cans just had a slightly different taste than the bottles.

The first few 20 oz bottles I had were more spicy with a more distinct cinnamon type taste. The cans have a more subtle finish it seems like. I think a tad more spice and it would be close to perfection.

I'm really liking it though. I'll probably grab a few more 12 packs during the season and one when the production winds down and they start dissapearing from the shelves.

Drink
12-07-2004, 11:10 PM
How is this product doing.Any better than Red Fusion or Coca-Cola C2

ecliptic
12-12-2004, 07:19 AM
Pepsi Holiday Spice > Coke

KanKing
12-13-2004, 09:00 AM
You think we'll be seeing a 'Holiday Coke' next year??

Drink
12-14-2004, 04:28 PM
I hope not. Before I tasted this I thought it would taste something like Pibb Xtra,I was wrong

teamtitan512
12-17-2004, 02:45 AM
Where is there a County Market? This was a great store, but our franchisee of it in Western maryland, sold it to Giant Eagle, who then decided to skip town here. They had the best drink selection here. The only remaining County Market I know of is in Mt. Pleasant, PA.

KanKing
12-17-2004, 09:05 AM
That probably is a Giant Eagle now. I think it was a County Market before.

bigrich
12-17-2004, 11:57 PM
There is a County Market (I believe 2) in Danville, IL.

Drink
12-18-2004, 02:23 AM
Someone said something about Coca-Cola doing something like this, Well I really hope that dose not happen. Coca-Cola likes to make there own ideas like Vanilla Coke and unlike pepsi don't try to copy other sodas as much.

ecliptic
12-24-2004, 02:29 AM
Then explain Diet Lemon Coke.

I guarantee you Pepsi has come out with more original products.

[ 12-24-2004, 01:31 AM: Message edited by: ecliptic ]

Drink
12-25-2004, 03:14 PM
Not really. Coca-Cola did copy some sodas from pepsi like Mello Yello and SURGE and they have copied sodas such as Dr Pepper but still they do have some original products (Much more than pepsi)

halloaaryn
12-27-2004, 12:51 PM
no freaking WAY! Pepsi is ALWAYS taking chances and putting new sodas/flavours out there. Coke RARELY releases anything new and it has been that way since the beginning.

Android
12-27-2004, 02:43 PM
Pepsi has had a mix of "new" ideas over the years as well as some copycat stuff. Crystal Pepsi, that was a novel departure (that I liked quite a bit until they changed the formula). Back in the 70's there was Pepsi Light, diet Pepsi with Lemon in it - and remember that Aspen stuff Pepsi used to sell, wasn't that like Apple flavored or something? When Slice came out it was different in that it had 10% real juice in it, something Pepsi and other companies had done in other parts of the world but not in the US before that. It didn't last that long before they dropped the juice though. (The fore-runner of Cherry Pepsi was Cherry Cola Slice, I can't recall, was that introduced before they dropped the 10% juice?) And then there was Josta about 10 years ago, which failed, as did the recent awful Pepsi Blue. But Pepsi does take some chances on different products.

But then again, Pepsi does rip stuff off too - they didn't invent Mountain Dew, they just bought out the company, introduced it nationwide and promoted it well. They ripped off Dr Pepper with Dr Slice. The afore-mentioned Cherry Cola Slice, which eventually morphed into Wild Cherry Pepsi eventually, came about only after Cherry Coke was successfully introduced. (but adding cherry to soda isn't exactly anything new, it's an old soda fountain tradition, the only thing new was putting it in cans mixed that way) In recent years, like all these flavors on Mountain Dew, they seem more like conventient product tie-ins than original thinking to me. Pepsi One seemed to me to be like what Diet Coke was designed to be - a diet cola that (supposedly) tasted good with as few negatives as possible in the flavor, but not designed to copy the taste of the original. Pepsi Edge, and this last flirtation with lemon-added colas, well I'm not sure side decided to come out with them first, but you know the decision from the competition to put out a competing version of them was made as soon as word leaked.

I really don't think there's a lot of originality left in the soda business (not counting Jones and their gimmick flavors, and those thanksgiving flavor sodas, ack) Most flavors out there have been done before in some manner. Its just marketing something "different" nationally that's new. This Holiday Spice from Pepsi seems to me to be one of the few really different sodas from any of the big boys in ages. (But the local bottler here in Wyoming never produced or distributed it.)

andy

Drink
12-27-2004, 04:19 PM
Coca-Cola is just more smart! pepsi just comes out with a product and and it almost never dose good.

PhillySteve
12-27-2004, 05:56 PM
More smart eh? Guess you were born after New Coke. Guess you're also forgetting that Vanilla Coke, Sprite Remix, and Diet Coke with Lime would probably not exist today if Pepsi didn't launch Mountain Dew Code Red, Sierra Mist, and Pepsi Twist.

Drink
12-27-2004, 07:12 PM
Okay well I forgot about New Coke. Now but the thing is Coca-Cola will only come up with a product is there 99.9% sure it will do well as pepsi is like 20% sure

PhillySteve
12-27-2004, 10:46 PM
I'd love to know how you came up with your numbers but I can also understand why you think that. Since New Coke, Coca-Cola has been very wary of doing anything to the Coke trademark. Vanilla Coke was the first flavor/variant since New Coke's launch in 1985. Then, of course, came C2. That's only two in almost 20 years. On the other hand Pepsi released about a dozen Pepsi variants.

Coke has released many products that haven't stood the test of time, but they don't carry the Coke name so most people might not even realize they are Coca-Cola products. Surge, OK Cola, Mr. Pibb, Citra, Mello Yello, etc. etc.

fusion
12-28-2004, 02:59 AM
Cherry Coke and New Coke were both introduced in 1985. New Coke was launched April 23, but I can't find a firm date for Cherry. "Early 1985" is all I can find.

And you forgot about Mad River and Planet Java (lol).