PDA

View Full Version : New Vanilla and Cherry Coke logos?

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-07-2003, 01:28 AM
When I was at a CVS outside of Detroit, I saw POS advertising 2/$1 CC and VC, however, it had a new logo for each of them.

The CC was black, with only a cherry in the center.

The VC was the same red and cream, but with a big V in the center. It looks like the Wegman's W.

Fusion, any word on this?

Terry K
06-07-2003, 05:04 PM
http://www.salutetosoda.com/newvcoke.jpg

Haven't seen the cherry one yet.

fusion
06-07-2003, 10:46 PM
That's news to me. Terry? What do you know about these new logos?

DietCokeEnthusiast
06-07-2003, 10:56 PM
That looks faaaake!!!!!!

pepsiguy
06-08-2003, 12:25 AM
First of all- it is not fake! I was just about to post the same topic myself. Just got back from a Target in Long Island, New York, and low and behold, there were the new vanilla cokes!!! Only 20oz bottles tho-the 2 Liters were still the same. I don't know whats up with this-i didnt see the cherry coke-but it wouldnt surprise me- I just dont understand- My opinion is that they are really trying to go ALL OUT with this new coke campaign (i.e. "Real"). In doing so, they brought back the newly updated stripe on the Coke Classic, as well as the stripe on Diet Coke. To tie the whole "stripe theme" together, they updated to the Vanilla and Cherry Coke sub-brands-again, the vanilla coke packaging didn't look ALL that bad-it just caught me by surprise. Thoughts?

Terry K
06-08-2003, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by fusion:
That's news to me. Terry? What do you know about these new logos?Not a heck of a lot. Got that off a 20 oz from OZ (Ozarks Coke). Haven't seen the new cherry yet, nor on anything outside of 20 oz. I kind of like it, although its a bit scary. one person I showed it to thought it had to with the former V sci-fi series :D

fusion
06-08-2003, 08:03 PM
I stopped by a grocery store here to pick up a few things, and I noticed the "v" logo on the Vanilla Coke 20oz, too. The cap was for the summer Coke music program.. maybe there's a connection?

Terry K
06-09-2003, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by fusion:
I stopped by a grocery store here to pick up a few things, and I noticed the "v" logo on the Vanilla Coke 20oz, too. The cap was for the summer Coke music program.. maybe there's a connection?Nope. The 20 oz bottle from OZ I got was a straight coke cap from Ozarks Coke/DP bottling Springfield, MO.

Cokeologist
06-17-2003, 08:28 AM
Are these new Vanilla and Cherry Coke logos regional or national? Haven't seen them in Charlotte NC yet.

teamtitan512
06-17-2003, 05:38 PM
Not here yet in Central or CCE Territory. Then again, they don't even appear to sell Cherry Coke in CCE territory I was in (Eastern Great Lakes, former Herbco).

Android
06-17-2003, 10:25 PM
I was just in Iowa and Nebraska last weekend. I didn't actually see the "V" on any product, but I DID see it on a cooler decal (a non-permanent static cling one) that showed several product logos. I'd guess the product with that actual logo will follow soon. Haven't seen anything on the cherry version though.

andy

DietCokeEnthusiast
06-18-2003, 06:05 PM
I've seen the new cherry coke logo at a CVS in RI.

drpep
06-18-2003, 07:01 PM
Today was the first time I've seen the new Vanilla Coke logo in Florida.

SURGE
06-22-2003, 10:12 PM
Coke announced these months ago. They claim its a summer only thing.

teamtitan512
06-23-2003, 03:06 PM
Still no sign of these infamous new temporary logos in Central Coke or CCE Eastern Great Lakes territories. Wednesday, I'll be able to say whether Consolidated Coke has them or not.

Cokeologist
06-23-2003, 05:47 PM
They haven't shown up yet in Consolidated's headquarters of Charlotte, NC...if someone knows otherwise, pls let me know where.

Also, for the markets where the new logos have been released, are they just on the 20oz bottles or has anyone seen them on cans or 2L bottles?

Tim Kelly
06-23-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Terry K:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by fusion:
That's news to me. Terry? What do you know about these new logos?Not a heck of a lot. Got that off a 20 oz from OZ (Ozarks Coke). Haven't seen the new cherry yet, nor on anything outside of 20 oz. I kind of like it, although its a bit scary. one person I showed it to thought it had to with the former V sci-fi series :D </font>[/QUOTE]That show came to my mind, too!

[ 06-23-2003, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: Tim Kelly ]

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-23-2003, 10:14 PM
so far only 20oz

Shatter
06-29-2003, 09:28 PM
The new labels are in the Dallas area. The Vanilla Coke one jost looks okay, whereas the Cherry Coke one looks very nice. Simple and stylish. They should use it permanently.

teamtitan512
06-30-2003, 03:12 AM
Saw both in CCE Eastern Great Lakes territory in the Pittsburgh fringes, they weren't as plentiful in immediate Pittsburgh.

I like the look of both, but it makes it harder to tell what they are. I think the name needs to be more visible on the 2 of these.

XLS_03
06-30-2003, 10:49 AM
I seen the new logos as well. I also think it will only be available on the 20oz. bottles.

Kinda reminds me of the pop art graphics they used in the summer of 1989 and 1990 for cherry Coke and New Coke graphics.

I agree the writing for the product is too small, Overall the logos are nice but the main logos are better in my opinion.

[ 06-30-2003, 09:52 AM: Message edited by: XLS_03 ]

Android
07-11-2003, 12:58 AM
I finally saw the new Cherry Coke logo 20oz today. With a label that's almost all clear, the bottle looks almost completely black, err, Coke colored in the cooler. In fact, it looks much more "classic" than the Classic Coke bottle. I had to look close before I realized it was Cherry. Didn't make me interested enough to buy it though...

andy

teamtitan512
07-12-2003, 03:36 AM
Central must not be bothering w/these. Neither have shown up here, and I'm guessing by now, they won't. Seagram's is finally being put in bolt bottles, it's taken long enough to get them out of angle bottles. Has anyone ever noticed it does not say Fridge Pack on the FP's anywhere?

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-12-2003, 02:02 PM
finally someone that remembers the pop art designs!

fusion
07-13-2003, 10:35 PM
I think it's just taking time for Coca-Cola and the bottlers to run through existing inventories of Seagram's wraps, cans, bottles, and labels before everything switches over.

I noticed that the labels now say that it's produced under license from LDI (Cayman), whatever that is.

20oz is now in green bolt bottles, with a new label promoting a contest. But .5L is still in angle bottles, and our cans are actually the old design, as is our 1L club.

When you say they don't say FP.. you're just referring to Seagram's, right? I do think it's odd that they don't say FP.. considering that Nestea has FP on it, and it's a partnership brand.

teamtitan512
07-14-2003, 12:19 AM
Yes. Seagram's does not say Fridge Pack anywhere. Wondered why Nestea did myself.

Here's another question: Why in some markets is ginger ale separated from the other brands of its portfolio? I was in a Wal-Mart Supercenter in Washington, PA and noticed that Seagram's and Canada Dry were sold separately from Coke and ABC. Why is this? Fanta Orange and Grape were also sitting w/the Seagram's. Schweppes though was right w/Pepsi. In the immediate Pittsburgh area, you can feel that Coke/CCE has more strength than Pepsi, but this strength almost always seems to be effected by the control of Dr Pepper, which in Pittsburgh is Coke's. Citra is gone. More Fresca 2 liters, and Mello Yello 12 packs in its place.

ben
03-24-2004, 01:16 AM
i like the old vanilla coke and cherryc coke logos