PDA

View Full Version : Wish there was a chip forum as awesome as this one

ScottyLibido
08-25-2006, 12:24 AM
This message board is so informative that I always know whats up and everyone on here knows the exact ins and outs of the industry. There is nothing like this for snacks/chips (at least I haven't found one). I post on taquitos but no one EVER replies to anything, it sucks.

Anyway, thanks for giving me a place to be nerdy about soda pop.

fusion
08-25-2006, 12:38 AM
The problem with chips and related snacks is that Frito Lay is really the only nationwide chip company. Everything else is either local or regional.

Although I do believe that Snyder's of Hanover pretzels are pretty easy to find outside this area..and Herr's potato chips are in most Walmarts, directly shipped through the WM warehouses.

I'm spoiled, I live really close to Pennsylvania, the chip/pretzel capital of the US. I can find tons of different brands of chips and pretzels.

fusion
08-25-2006, 12:48 AM
Ack - sorry, I neglected to notice you're in Canada. is the situation similar up there - Frito Lay being the only big chip company?

whotony
09-04-2006, 12:41 AM
http://roadfood.com/Forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=19

reset man
09-04-2006, 10:01 AM
Chips and beverages do go together. A bag of kettle cooked potato chips and a root beer sounds good.

Ron Swedelson
09-04-2006, 12:55 PM
Kettle Chips and Dirty Chips...two of my favorites

JACK
09-04-2006, 06:04 PM
I am a Chip Fanatic

Top 5
Snyders of Berlin - SE PA and W Md
Middleworth's - Williamsport Area
Gibbles Red hot
Herr's Red Hot
Uncle Rays Red Hot

In the Southwest, there is only Frito Lay, Tom's - Which is horrible, and Uncle Rays.

fusion
09-05-2006, 10:56 PM
Jack - what about Mike-Sells?

I agree, Snyders of Berlin are excellent.

juniorjin
09-07-2006, 04:12 AM
has anybody tried this hawaiian brand chip...picture of a girl in a grass skirt, in an all white packaging? that stuff is really amazing...i forgot the name..but it has a nice thick crunch...best flavour being sweet onion & sour cream...mmmmm....i believe it's only available on the west coast and in hawaii...

canada has humpty dumpty east of thunder bay, ontario and west of it, is run by old dutch.

from time to time costco will import in all these cool chips such as those original guac taco chips....and heinz brand ketchup chips...

Popboy
09-07-2006, 04:57 PM
Miss Vickie's has some tasty flavours too...

EnergyKing
10-02-2006, 10:27 PM
Tim's Cascade Jalapeno