PDA

View Full Version : 22 oz Pepsi and Dew

datruth
06-08-2003, 06:45 PM
In plastic bottles in barrels, same price as 20 oz.

Must be test area, it's a PBG area of course.

DietCokeEnthusiast
06-08-2003, 08:58 PM
What is two or four more ounces? I seriously don't see the point of the 20, 22, and 24 oz. bottles. When are we going to see 21 or 23 oz.? THE NEGLECTED INCRIMENTS!!!

No, anyway, I think maybe 30, or 40 would sell well, but who cares about an extra ounce or two?

Clarke

bigrich
06-08-2003, 09:37 PM
Bigger is not always better. I would rather buy smaller size bottles, like 12oz. I might drink more than one, but they stay chilled easier and get chilled faster. Why can't the big three bottle their stuff in long neck 12oz's like the beer companys do in 12 pack boxes?

Shatter
06-08-2003, 11:18 PM
I went to a KFC on my lunch break today, and they've started selling a new size drink. I'm not sure what size it is, but the cup's almost as big as my head! Do you really want a drink so big you have to move it around with a furniture dolly?

Terry K
06-09-2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by bigrich:
Bigger is not always better. I would rather buy smaller size bottles, like 12oz. I might drink more than one, but they stay chilled easier and get chilled faster. Why can't the big three bottle their stuff in long neck 12oz's like the beer companys do in 12 pack boxes?I believe that Consolidated is testing this out or will soon be with Fridge Packs of 12 oz bottles. They do have them in Dasani as it is.

sundrop
06-09-2003, 02:44 PM
consolidated will be producing fridgepack 12oz bottles sometime in july. we were told we would have coke, diet coke, cf diet coke and sprite.
we will also have dr. pepper and sundrop in the areas that we carry them. I believe they will be a limited time only package.

fusion
06-09-2003, 08:54 PM
Crap. I will be in Consolidated territory in two weeks, I guess I'll miss the launch of this package.

I read somewhere where CCNNE launched the 12oz CSD package earlier this year. Never heard how they did with it, though.

CCE is expanding the 24oz 6 pack testing into new flavors. Nestea Cool arrived in the warehouse this past week, and I believe that Vanilla Coke and Minute Maid Lemonade may be soon to follow.

Terry K
06-10-2003, 03:41 AM
24oz have arrived in Springfield, Missouri, from plant CV (Cleveland TN). So far, only Coke, Diet, Sprite and Dr Pepper (no diet) are available at 2.50 at wal*mart and up to 3.19 elsewhere.

The DP is in a 24 oz angle bottle as well, undoubetdly to counter Pepsi's 24 oz offering.

Pepsi though did launch 12 pks of 16.9 oz bottles, and honestly they're not selling many of them. Coke is still kicking rear with the 24 oz bottles.

I think CV runs most everything Coke has ever made or sold and in every possible size. I've seen 8 oz cans, 12 oz and 24 oz bottles from them.

bigrich
06-10-2003, 11:47 AM
I have seen the 24OZ bottles from (CV) in Miami a few weeks ago at Publix. They were $2.50 but they did not have the rights to DP.

teamtitan512
06-10-2003, 03:45 PM
Pepsi here sells 24 oz. 6 packs everywhere, but has 12 pack 1/2 liters at Wal-Mart only of just Pepsi, Mountain Dew, and Sierra Mist.

Central still only has 1/2 liter 6 packs, of Coke, Diet Coke, CF Diet Coke, Vanilla Coke, Sprite, Seagram's, Nestea Cool, MM Lemonade, and Dasani. Although I swore I saw 24 oz. Dasanis here somewhere.

fusion
06-10-2003, 06:02 PM
24oz Dasani is in Food Lion, I do know that. Most of the Dasani produced for the Mid-Atlantic comes from II, which is Washington, PA (who knows what II means, though). A fair amount also comes from TB (Twinsburg OH) and KM (Maspeth, Queens, NYC). CCE is supposedly going to be bringing some more Dasani lines online soon, in existing soda production facilities, such as RM (Richmond VA).

sundrop
06-10-2003, 06:11 PM
ccbcc sells 24oz dasani fairly well. I hope after the new 12oz bottle fridgepack introduction we will began selling 24oz csd. Pepsi carries them in our area but tend to be trending to half liter multipacks.

teamtitan512
06-11-2003, 05:26 PM
I don't have any clue what II would mean for Washington. I thought when I heard in the Pittsburgh area, II was maybe for Irwin in Westmoreland County or something. Maybe it has something to do with the street or something, or maybe it's II as in roman numeral 2, signifying the connection of I-70 and I-79 in Washington or something....really stretching it here.

fusion
06-11-2003, 07:48 PM
It's a former Cameron Coke production facility that was converted to a Dasani production facility. It was one of the first dedicated CCE Dasani facilities to come online. CCE has been adding Dasani production capabilities to existing facilities lately, as with Twinsburg, and Richmond, eventually. Our 16.9 12 pack Dasani comes from Twinsburg, and some of our 16.9 6 packs and 20oz as well. (We've even gotten some SY 20oz, too!)

In the Mid-Atlantic Division, here's how things shake out:

Silver Spring MD: produces 20oz singles. Used to produce 20oz 6 packs, but we discontinued that when we went to 24oz. This was a former sales center that was vacated when a new facility was built in nearby Rockville.

Alexandria VA: produces one and two liters.

Baltimore MD: produces cans. 6 packs, 12 packs, 24 packs.

Richmond VA: produces 2 liters, 12 packs, 6 packs, 24 packs, 20oz, and all of our "small bottle" packages, ie. 16.9 and 24oz 6 packs. They tend to keep most of the product for distribution in southern Virginia and our one sales center in NC, but when we need product, we'll get it from there when we can't get it from Baltimore or Alexandria.

Even though eastern PA is now part of the Eastern Great Lakes, product is still shipped from our facilities to their sales centers. But there has been an increase in production in Twinsburg and Elmsford/Hartford/Maspeth (CCE-NY) for eastern PA distribution. CCE produces nothing in eastern PA, since they closed Pittston (old Herbco).

Although I did see some Fanta grape 2 liters in Lancaster about a month ago, with code RC. I wonder where that is.

fusion
06-11-2003, 07:49 PM
II could stand for a person, or the name of the building. SY is CCBCC's Charlotte facility, which is name Snyder. (right?)

teamtitan512
06-11-2003, 09:11 PM
Interesting that Richmond has a production facility for CCE Mid-Atlantic when the headquarters for Central Coke are in Richmond. Who distributes there?

fusion
06-11-2003, 09:15 PM
CCE does. Central's always had their HQ there. It's a family business, and the mom refuses to move it. She also refuses to sell the company. People think once she passes, the sons will be quick to sell.

CCE used to have a division HQ there as well, but they combined the Capitol and Commonwealth Divisions after the Herbco merger, and the office became just a sales center.

XLS_03
06-30-2003, 09:58 AM
We still only have the 20oz. in Rhode Island and the 24oz. 6 packs.