PDA

View Full Version : New at Target

drpep
10-05-2004, 10:05 PM
Went to Target today and found they moved and expanded the food section. I found they now have a private label soda in 12 pack cans. Was happy to see Dr Spice. I have one chilling now. Looks like the Archer Farms name has been replaced by the Market Pantry name.
The also made room for Jones 4 pack bottles and Jones 12 pack cans, which this Target has never had.

Shatter
10-05-2004, 10:51 PM
I saw that the last time I shopped at a Super Target. I only saw Cola and Diet Cola at my store, though.

Tell us how the Dr Spice is. I love Dr Pepper rip-offs. smile.gif

fusion
10-06-2004, 10:55 PM
They're doing this store by store, apparently. The one in Frederick, Maryland moved their "market" to the outside wall, to the far right of the store, just behind the electronics section. They also added a ton of new cold/frozen doors along the outside wall.

They were still setting the aisles, but I did see the tags for the MP sodas. I had heard about them a few months ago.. produced by Cott.

drpep
10-07-2004, 12:51 PM
Same deal with the Target in Vestal Fusion. I hope they do it the newer and closer one in Ithaca.

teamtitan512
10-08-2004, 08:03 PM
This is going on at every Target in the Pittsburgh area, as well as most of them in Baltimore/Washington, including the Greatlands.

BottleBoss
10-11-2004, 12:21 PM
The Target in Frederick, Maryland is a plain old Target, not a Super Target. As such their beverage selection is not as good.

fusion
10-11-2004, 06:08 PM
The section did get bigger, though. And Coke and Pepsi both have permanent displays.

The one up this way in Bel Air is scheduled for a reset soon. I wonder if they are moving the whole store around there as well (I haven't merched there in at least 1.5 months). The newer Greatland in Abingdon (right off of 95 @ exit #77) was built with the grocery section all the way in the far back corner, where menswear is usually in most stores. It's a huge section, too. Tons of cold/frozen doors, and a grocery section at least 2x that of a regular Target.

fusion
10-13-2004, 08:28 PM
I checked out these Market Pantry sodas today.. Round cornered 12 packs, produced by Cott in their Wyomissing PA plant (code WP). Seems like a really generic lineup. Cola, Diet Cola, Lemon Lime, Orange, Dr Spice. I think that was all of them. Though I found it odd that Dr Spice was described as a spicy cola. Pibb Xtra is referred to as a spicy cherry.

sodasommelier
10-16-2004, 01:56 AM
Sounds like a Big Gulp without the Big Gulp Cup but rather in a can... eek!

Rot Yer Teeth
12-17-2004, 04:16 PM
Thought I'd add my 2 cents to the Dr. Spice discussion...

(this is the only hit that turns up on google for Dr Spice Market Pantry)

Anyway, the stuff is VERY drinkable, and very cheap. $1.99/12 pack.

I'd say it's the closest Dr Pepper rip off I've ever had. I'm in Iowa, so I've had Dr. Hye-Vee, Dr. Thunder, etc....

This stuff rocks, and I want more.

It was interesting to see it referred to as 'Spiced Soda'

I recommend you all try it if you like Dr Pepper or Mr Pibb.

I can go either way, but Dr Pepper is my all time favorite soda.