PDA

View Full Version : RC where are you????

drpep
10-05-2004, 09:10 PM
Whoever has the DPSU (no Dr P though) line in upstate NY has been expanding the displays, shelf sets and promotions for Diet Rite, 7UP, Sunkist, A&W, and Country Time but RC has been left out. I wonder why? Usually the set is a few 2 liters and if there are endcaps or aisle stacks of 12 packs there is no RC included.

Shatter
10-05-2004, 09:49 PM
Why is there no love for the RC? It's a good little cola. Cherry RC is a freakin' great cherry cola. But I guess the company handling DP up there doesn't want any competition for it's own colas.

boodoo
10-07-2004, 09:00 AM
I love the taste of an ice cold RC Cola in a glass bottle!

RunWithDaLilGuy
10-07-2004, 11:09 AM
cherry RC is fantastic!

Android
10-07-2004, 05:22 PM
RC seems to be neglected in this part of the country too. A grocery store chain that was running a special on 6-packs of the offerings of Full Service (the 3rd tier bottler here) a while back, took all the 12 packs out temporarily for to get more facings for the 6 packs, but then included no RC at all. None either in the end-aisle display, although I did find a couple of 6 packs kicking around a stack of other product near one of the entrance of one store. Elsewhere, many Convenience stores that once carried 20oz RC no longer do. It's like they want RC to fail or something.

andy

Cheer-wined
10-09-2004, 09:06 AM
DPSU could certainly do a better job of marketing RC. They promote being the "#1 non-cola soft-drink company", so maybe they don't want to be seen as pushing a cola brand.
The only promotion I see is occasional discounting, like pre-priced .45 cans.

Shatter
10-09-2004, 12:01 PM
They don't even put out that kind of effort here. But at least RC Cola is one of the drinks they bottle in glass longnecks here.

fusion
10-10-2004, 12:36 AM
RC is definately an afterthought in this area, too, for the most part. Canada Dry Pennsauken doesn't include it in most of their ads. I don't think they even produce it at all. Canada Dry Potomac produces 2L, 12 pack can, and 20oz 6 pack.

And no sign of Cherry, which is quite excellent.

NLE Dan
10-10-2004, 01:07 AM
RC is a great product, and luckily I live in a place where you can find it just about everywhere.

Cherry RC is amazing

Cheer-wined
10-10-2004, 10:28 AM
RC Cherry was available in southside VA last year, when a local bev. distributor still had the RC/Diet Rite/Nehi franchise for that area. When Piedmont Cheerwine took over that RC franchise and switched to products from IBC, the RC Chicago stuff slowly dried up. So no more RC Cherry.

I thought that All-American in eastern TN would have RC Cherry in better distribution since Cheerwine is with a 4th tier there, but no such luck.

Shatter
10-15-2004, 08:25 PM
I bought some Cherry RC in Morgan City, Louisiana. Where did the 20 oz. bottles of it come from? Temple Bottling of Temple, TX. That's about 400-450 miles away! Dang, those guys have a long reach! I bought some Temple bottled Imperial Sugar Dr Pepper in a grocery store in Tyler, TX on the drive back from Louisiana this afternoon. Those guys really get around.