PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper in Texas!

DPDude
10-13-2004, 06:17 PM
Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper has finally arrived in quantity in south Texas! After trickling into convenience store locations late last week and over the weekend it is finally available in grocery stores in 12 packs.

The taste is pretty good but on the weak side. You can taste the flavors that have been added to the base Dr Pepper but there is strangley no aftertaste, almost like the flavors cancel each out after a few seconds. I'd go so far as to say that the local Coca-Cola bottler hasn't perfected the process yet and has released a slightly diluted product, which I've heard is something that can happen with initial production runs. I hope this is he case as the strength of the flavoring doesn't even match Red Fusion.

The Doomite
10-14-2004, 12:09 AM
C/V Dr Pepper is now in New Mexico. I just picked up a bottle earlier today, on a lightbulb run, of all things. Upon my first sip, I can say that this does NOT taste quite like your average DP. I happen to be drinking the bottle with my dinner right now, and as I drink more of the stuff, it feels more and more like a regular DP, or a Red Fusion, although I haven't had one of those for a while. Maybe I've gotten spoiled on Vanilla Coke/Pepsi Vanilla, but I was expecting more of a vanilla taste. Oh well, maybe I can find that in the Diet variety. The Doomite Is Out! :eek:

Robot
10-14-2004, 02:31 PM
Received a bottle of regular and diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper in the mail just now, going to pop them in the fridge and try them later on, cant wait!

XLS_04
10-14-2004, 03:21 PM
where did you get them? what website?

[ 10-14-2004, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: XLS_04 ]

Robot
10-14-2004, 03:39 PM
a good man at a dr.pepper distributor sent them to me...

Robot
10-14-2004, 04:05 PM
wow.. they are both delicious.. you can taste the cherry flavor as being very similar to that from red fusion..

the regular tastes like they took a red fusion and mixed it with a dr. pepper to me.. delicious, but not that different..

the diet tastes more like a diet dr.pepper with cherry and vanilla added, I couldnt really pick up on the vanilla too much in the regular, but could moreso in teh diet.. a great flavor and will be a nice addition to the dr. pepper lineup while its arround..

has me very curious about how cinammon dr. pepper is going to taste.

XLS_04
10-14-2004, 09:15 PM
sounds like a real winner here. hopefully they will make it permanent.

i still have yet to find a pic of these 2 products online.

drpep
10-14-2004, 09:19 PM
www.bevnet.com (http://www.bevnet.com) Look for the Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper review.

[ 01-10-2005, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: dr pepperman ]

Terry K
10-15-2004, 12:33 AM
I've got both regular and diet CV DP on hand. I posted my review on my board, but I'll summarize it here, its Red Fusion revisited, and its what red fusion *should* have been to begin with.

Its a better realization of the same idea, IMHO

Shatter
10-15-2004, 08:20 PM
I bought a 12-pack of the regular kind in Morgan City, Louisiana last night. I ended up drinking four of them from yesterday afternoon to this morning. I really like them. It has a stronger flavor than Red Fusion, which is good. The cherry and especially the vanilla are not very strong flavor-wise, but they do the job. I didn't bring the 12-pack back with me, hoping i'd find some locally. I hope I do.

JACK
10-16-2004, 10:35 AM
I disagree that CVDP is Red Fusion or anything similar other than a brand extention from DPCO. To me, Red Fusion was targeted at a specific demographics and DPCO did not deliver the flavor that you thought it should. Red Fusion would have worked if the flavor would have been heavy cherry and very sweet.

CVDP is just a Dr Pepper with some flavoring...some enhancement of the Cherry and a HINT of vanilla.

I really liked the concept of Red Fusion and where it was available made a VERY good fountain drink because the brix could be turned up.

Shatter
10-16-2004, 07:53 PM
The only place I ever found it in a fountain was at Popeye's Fried Chicken, and it came across as watery, because nobody at my local location knows English, so they don't know how read the instructions on how to adjust the machine. They also don't know how to take a proper order, or give back the right amount of change.

halloaaryn
10-16-2004, 10:41 PM
Got some in Phoenix, AZ. I cant even taste the cherry and vanilla.

muldoonaz
10-30-2004, 05:12 AM
where did you get it? im in phoenix and I can't seem to find it anywhere.

brianj71
10-30-2004, 11:06 AM
I have found it in Phoenix at Bashas stores and Fry's Food stores. I have bought 4 twelve packs in the last couple days and think it tastes very much like RED FUSION. I am still sitting on about 6 twelve packs of RED FUSION and have done a comparison. It tastes very much alike and I am glad Coke is distributing here now. I do still import Fusion from Dallas by way of relatives visiting but will stop that if they continue getting Cherry Vanilla DR Pepper in my area. I think it is just a repackaging ploy to help get off the ground. I could be wrong. Long live RED FUSION.

brianj71
10-30-2004, 11:08 AM
PS...I have found it at Bashas store @ Hayden & Indian School roads in Scottsdale and also Frys foods @ Cooper & Warner roads in Gilbert. Long Live RED FUSION.

Terry K
10-31-2004, 05:43 PM
What's really funny? OZ still runs 20 oz RF along with both regular and diet CVDP

Drink
10-31-2004, 10:49 PM
All we have here are 20oz Cherry Vanilla Dr.Pepper (it's a really good soda)

smitty
11-01-2004, 02:32 AM
Has anyone found this product on the East Coast?

JACK
11-01-2004, 09:41 AM
This will not be rolled out in the East Coast until January / February and only in Diet. DPSU or CSAB as they are known now is only introducing both in their Heartland areas - Tx, OK, LA, and some parts of MO (Ozarks) and KS ( Pepsi KC)

Drink
11-01-2004, 10:03 AM
Well at one point Cherry Vanilla Dr.Pepper will be across the U.S.

Acheron
11-02-2004, 06:30 AM
Both have been here in IA for about a week or so in 20oz's and fridgepacks.

I was disappointed by the incredibly slight vanilla flavor. Too similar to regular DP to me.

mickstafa
11-02-2004, 02:50 PM
Well I picked some up in Atlanta. I am extremely disapointed. It tastes like regular Dr. Pepper with a mix of watered down Cheerwine. There are absolutely no traces of vanilla flavor. What a let down....

teamtitan512
11-02-2004, 03:54 PM
Being from Iowa, it's ABC. I wouldn't judge anything's taste by trying it from ABC first.

BTW, Kroger on Saturday in Morgantown, WV still has shelf tags for Cool Packs of Red Fusion. The Kroger on the other side of town still had one sitting there.

Drink
11-03-2004, 03:30 AM
We don't have any Red Fusion left.Coca-Cola is putting Cherry Vanilla Dr.Pepper everywhere!

[ 11-03-2004, 03:32 AM: Message edited by: Drink ]

The Doomite
11-09-2004, 07:14 PM
Finally got a 12 pack of Diet C/V Dr Pepper, and it's an interesting flavor to be sure. I can detect the classic taste of regular Diet Dr Pepper, as well as a hint of cherry and an almost "creamy" mouth feel. I don't know how else to describe it, it's almost like drinking the liquid part of a Dr Pepper float. Pretty interesting if you ask me. Of course, I could be way off here, but I'm just telling it like I see it. No real big vanilla hit here, but I've got Vanilla Coke in my fridge for that. The Doomite Is Out! :eek:

Drink
11-09-2004, 10:46 PM
Have you tried Cherry Vanilla Dr.Pepper yet?

The Doomite
11-10-2004, 06:08 PM
Drink, see my first post on this thread. The Doomite Is Out! :eek:

Drink
11-10-2004, 07:13 PM
Oh Sorry about that

XLS_04
11-11-2004, 03:38 AM
Somebody mentioned it will be released across the country next year for a limited time, but only the diet version. Why?

Drink
11-11-2004, 01:38 PM
I don't know but I think that Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper will be across the u.s. in Febuary