PDA

View Full Version : Barq's Floatz

karks88
06-13-2003, 09:53 AM
Another new soda, this one sounds good!

http://www.ajc.com/business/content/business/images/0603/root0612opt.jpg

From the Atlanta Journal-Constitution:

Coca-Cola is trying a taste of ice cream in a bid to sell more Barq's.

Coke said Thursday it is introducing Barq's Floatz, a drink meant to taste like a root beer float. The product will show up starting next week in Mississippi and Louisiana. Barq's was created 105 years ago in Biloxi, Miss.

Coke spokesman Mart Martin said the company will use the introduction as a test-run to evaluate whether Barq's Floatz will get a wider rollout in the United States.

Barq's Floatz will be sold in 12-ounce bottles. The packaging is meant to have a retro look.

BottleBoss
06-13-2003, 10:39 AM
Those sound real good. I sure hope we can get them around here! (Fat Chance!)

Android
06-13-2003, 12:45 PM
Oh man! Missed it by that much, I was just down in Mississippi and Louisana 2 weeks ago. Picked me up a 6pack of Barq's bottles too. I have a friend who would probably love this new flavor. Maybe it'll get some distribution elsewhere but I doubt it'll be in glass here in WY. Cans or nothing... *sigh*

andy

Shatter
06-13-2003, 06:56 PM
Sweet! I'll probably be going into Louisiana in a couple of weeks! That's going to be nice to try out.

Barq's of New Orleans is the original company, it's home before Coke bought them. That's why they still make Barq's in glass, and why they're trying the new flavor out there first. In glass, too. I can't wait to try it!

PopNutz
06-13-2003, 08:07 PM
Muuuummmmmmmm sounds gooooood!!!!

SURGE
06-22-2003, 09:14 PM
Sounds awesome but I hate the "Z" at the end. Thats like Pibb "Xtra" this whole misspelling stuff to look cool went out back in the late 90's.

Boris
06-29-2003, 08:42 PM
Good no cans...Sounds good too...

http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001897

fusion
07-07-2003, 07:23 PM
Sheesh, I hope I don't sound ungrateful, but I finally tried the free sample that BevNet sent me. It came while I was on vacation, and somehow got pushed to the back of the fridge.

I think the BevNet review is pretty accurate.. Kinda like a half root beer/half cream soda.. or a "Vanilla Barq's" lol.

The bottle is pretty neat, but I think "Floatz" is a pretty silly word to use.

It was produced by Baton Rouge Coca-Cola, a subsidiary of Coke United. I guess they have a lot of subsidiaries they still operate under (like Big Springs in Alabama). Code is GB.

Thanks BevNet for the free sample! smile.gif

ben
03-24-2004, 12:18 AM
i like barq's root beer but i feel sorry for A&W root beer because alot of coca-cola boattlers droped it