PDA

View Full Version : Maxwell House Cappio?

wonkapete
08-31-2006, 01:08 PM
Anyone remember this? It was the precursor to all the coffee drinks we have now. I was addicted to it, the short time it was out. Seems like it was around 1990. I remember small bottles in 4 packs, then you had the motherload, the 32oz! I could chug a quart in no time!

Luckily, I know I saved quite a few of those bottles. They are buried in the 'bottle room' in the back of my parents garage. I will unearth them one day. I can't find anyone here at work that remembers them. Anyone?

the saint
08-31-2006, 04:00 PM
I vaguely remember them. I want to say they had a reddish colored label IIRC.

treetoptom
08-31-2006, 04:16 PM
Kraft still sells Cappio in the UK under it's Kenco brand name. You may be able to find it in some British ex-pat shops.

I_MISS_JOSTA
09-11-2006, 06:01 PM
I drank that a lot way back when. Remember the commercials? It was a cartoon with a beatnik-looking guy in it.

ddmj6
07-08-2009, 01:32 PM
I certainly remember Cappio! I worked for Kraft General Foods for 32 years and retired in 1999. I personally knew the Brand Manager and was the first to sell a truckload to Bradley's Dept Stores on the East Coast.I believe that was 1990. I personally loved the product and still have some of the Premiums we used with the Grocery trade...a Cappio watch ( new in the box...I just put in a battry), , a large cooler that we take on all our travels as well as a small 4-pack bag cooler. Cappio was just a little bit "ahead of their times" Dick Larke

wonkapete
07-13-2009, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the reply Dick! Let me know if you want to sell any of your Cappio items. I just dug this 4 pack out of my collection. I still have some quart bottles somewhere. Thanks again for the reply! It's neat knowing you had a part in its infancy. You are right, Kraft was ahead of the times on this one!

ddmj6
07-15-2009, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the reply Dick! Let me know if you want to sell any of your Cappio items. I just dug this 4 pack out of my collection. I still have some quart bottles somewhere. Thanks again for the reply! It's neat knowing you had a part in its infancy. You are right, Kraft was ahead of the times on this one!

Jerry, Thanks for the photo of the 4-pack! Bet there aren't many of those around. I am having a heck of a time using the BevNet site.I am registered but could not read your message on that site (I did use the Contact Us link to ask what I was doing wrong. I actuall went back to goggle and entered Maxwell house cappio and sure enough, I could see everything.I have 2 items to sell. I usually sell on eBAY.A Cappio watch (new, in box with a new battery) and a 6 pack size cooler. The Large hard cooler I need to keep as it's the perfect size for our CUV unless I can find another one the same size. My direct email address is ddmj6@aol.com. Let's correspond that way until I get Bevnet Figured out. Thanks

ddmj6
03-14-2010, 02:58 PM
Jerry, Thought I would try the 3 items again on eBAY. Check auction number 250596986860 Dick user ID ddmj6