PDA

View Full Version : Patio Cherry

Willbev
06-13-2003, 12:53 PM
At Bojangles I saw Patio Cherry on tap, long time since I have seen Patio.

Cheer-wined
01-04-2004, 02:11 AM
I've also seen this in the Bojangles in NC ... stopped at one today at Concord Mills on the way to the Panthers game, they had MD Code Red, Patio red cherry and wild cherry Pepsi all on fountain. I thought Patio had been replaced by Slice?

SamC
01-04-2004, 08:42 AM
Does the "Esso rule" apply here?

Old timers, like me, will remember that Exxon used to be "Esso" in the northeast and other names elsewhere, because of a complex legal fight. Eventually it went national with a meaningless brand name they could register nationally (Exxon), but kept the Esso name in Canada and throughout the rest of the world.

In the states where Exxon used to be Esso, they always have one station or something somewhere that uses the Esso name for something. Thus the trademark is "in use" and some sharpie can't come in and say that its an "abandoned trademark" and claim it.

PepsiCo probably does the same with Patio. I have seem Patio used as the brand name for Slurpie flavors.

Cheer-wined
01-04-2004, 11:52 AM
that would make sense. the Patio brand wasn't very popular around here, so I can't see Pepsi using it because of brand recognition. still, i don't see the logic of putting code red, cherry pepsi and patio cherry side-by-side at the fountain. maybe there is none.

XLS2004
01-05-2004, 08:17 PM
I didn't know that was still around :eek:

Is On Tap Root Beer still showing up in places too?
That later on got replaced by MUG Root Beer in 1986 I think.

golee1
01-06-2004, 12:34 AM
Does anyone knbow if this is at every Bojangles or only certain locations?

sandwalker
01-06-2004, 10:44 AM
I saw Patio Cherry at a Bojangles near Bessemer City, NC.

I stopped there because they carried Cheerwine in the past at that location. It seems as though Patio had replaced Cheerwine. I was quite disappointed but tried Patio anyway then poured it out and replaced it with Wild Cherry Pepsi.
Lets just say I was not impressed.

What does it take for Cheerwine to get served in the fountain in NC.

Cheer-wined
01-06-2004, 07:18 PM
I have seen it (Patio red cherry) in Bojangles along I-85 from Greensboro NC all the way to SC. I wasn't very impressed with it either.

I saw Cheerwine and Sundrop in one of those slurpee-type machines today at a c-store. Too cold now for that stuff, but I'd like to try one in the summer.

[ 01-06-2004, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: Cheer-wined ]

Cheer-wined
01-06-2004, 07:21 PM
hey sandwalker, you live near Bessemer City?

drpep
01-06-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by golee1:
Does anyone knbow if this is at every Bojangles or only certain locations? Never seen it at the Bojangles I've been at (Salem VA, Welcome NC, Santee SC)

sandwalker
01-08-2004, 11:49 AM
No Cheer-wined I live in near Raleigh.

But my family lives in the southern NC foothills so I travel US 74 to I-85.

The Bojangles in Siler City may have also switched from Cheerwine to Patio as well.

I know the Bojangles around the NC Triangle areas don't have Patio and have never had Cheerwine. They have never had self-serve fountains either. You do however get free sweet tea with any dinner much to my non-tea drinking friends dismay.

Cheer-wined
01-08-2004, 12:02 PM
sandwalker, completely off-topic, but I'm curious, where do your local DPSU products come from? Independent Bev. or Sundrop/Rocky Mount? or maybe somewhere else?

Hacksaw
01-08-2004, 07:34 PM
Since some of the Slice flavors flopped, it would be good sense to bring back some of the Patio flavors. I've had their Orange at Auburn, Calif. a few times, & it was great, but it's been gone for years. -Mike H.

sandwalker
01-14-2004, 09:53 PM
Cheer-wined...

This refers to 2-liters observed at the local Apex, NC Kroger. I'm just going by what I remember from the bottle caps.

Dr. Pepper, Diet Dr. Pepper - Consolidated. Of Raleigh I assume.

7-Up, DNL, Diet 7-Up - Choice USA of Gastonia.

Cherry 7-Up - Sun Drop of Rocky Mount.

I'm sure Durham could be completely different.

Cheer-wined
01-14-2004, 10:14 PM
the triangle area is kinda interesting. coke durham has dr pepper in their territory, which includes the western part of wake co., but i don't know if apex is included. they also use schweppes as the g/a not seagrams. those two coke indies, durham & sanford are real spoilers in the area because they take DP away from Pepsi and Coke away from Consolidated.

i was thinking about the original topic of this thread - I recall that some of the bojangles around durham carry coke products only, maybe that's why they don't have Patio.

sandwalker
01-15-2004, 10:04 AM
Off topic continues....

Durham Coke delivers to one grocery (a Harris Teeter near the border of Cary and Apex) in Wake according to the Coke restock guy I talked to.

The benefit being I can get Fresca 2-liters since Durham bottles them. Plus I can get them in Sanford which also is the land of the Diet Mello Yello 2-liters. Not that I would drink such a thing.

fusion
01-15-2004, 08:36 PM
I had a Diet Mello Yello 20oz (89ยข in Durham territory) last summer. I thought it had no taste at all.