PDA

View Full Version : Coke Secret Shopper

David J.
09-04-2006, 02:53 PM
Does Coke have secret shoppers? At the resturants that serve them? Once a year or so, we get "Coke Shops" We get them at the resturant I work at, and we always do bad and get bitched at because we do so bad. No wonder, our fountain is never maintained.

Whatever... I got written up because I made a "sloppy" whopper. Next time it happens... I get suspended, and then after that I get fired. They say they expect so much out of me -- because I've been here a while. So you can bet I'll get bitched at if this "shop" is bad.

Secret shops are so subjective, and a lot of them are stupid. We don't serve Pepsi, explain "tile problems", we only have two types of Nestea, and we aren't getting paid enough, nor respect to make this gourmet dining.

Ron Swedelson
09-05-2006, 12:03 PM
You can't view it as "they don't pay me enough to follow their rules". It may not be your lifelong job there, but I am sure there are reasons for this. Your manager probably gets his bonus or parts of it based upon these types of reviews. Maybe the owner gets a better deal, or has some sort of contract with Coke that favors the company if they pass these reviews. If you owners expected profits are cut, and the manager can not get the money he was promised, I am sure the cuts will start with hours or employeese. The sloppy whopper, I dont know anything about that, unless you are putting the cheese outside the bun or something, I have never had a neat whooper when ordering from BK.
You say you have been there a while, and your fountain machine has not been maintained. Who is supposed to do this? If someone working there is, then learn how to do it and start cleaning it. If coke or an outside company, talk with the manager to ensure the scheduled maintenance has been taken so you can all pass the review next time. I have worked durring my school years in 7-Eleven for 8 years. I know that these jobs, while they don't require an engeneering degree, do require you to stay busy and you are not rewarded heavily for this. But, if you can get past the normal kid attitude of "they don't pay me enough for this", and start saying "They are paying me to do a job" you will get much more respect from you upper management. Stop waiting for other to fix situations, and start fixing them your self. Who knows, you may take your managers job, then instead of bitching at him, you can teach him how to pass the review next time.

jmyjunk
09-05-2006, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by David J,:
Does Coke have secret shoppers? At the resturants that serve them? Once a year or so, we get "Coke Shops" We get them at the resturant I work at, and we always do bad and get bitched at because we do so bad. No wonder, our fountain is never maintained.

Whatever... I got written up because I made a "sloppy" whopper. Next time it happens... I get suspended, and then after that I get fired. They say they expect so much out of me -- because I've been here a while. So you can bet I'll get bitched at if this "shop" is bad.

Secret shops are so subjective, and a lot of them are stupid. We don't serve Pepsi, explain "tile problems", we only have two types of Nestea, and we aren't getting paid enough, nor respect to make this gourmet dining. Sounds to me you got shopped by a BK mystery guest. They need to keep standard up. If you are just venting, I understand, I was there working fast food many years ago.
I got out, becuase I knew I'd never stay.

15c raises are insulting.

[ 09-05-2006, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: jmyjunk ]

greg
09-05-2006, 03:14 PM
If you are concerned about "respect" and "wage considerations" make sure you get a good education and have a solid work ethic. However, today just an education and a good work ethic will not provide you with good wages and respect. Make sure you are doing things like Ron S said, learn beyond the scope of your job. The more you know about your organization and the duties of others in it the better your chances for advancement.

[ 09-05-2006, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: greg ]

da987
09-05-2006, 04:16 PM
One thing that amazes me about people who whine about how much they get paid, why did they agree to do that job in the first place if the pay is crap?

It's like the delivery drivers who work at my place, they always complain if any one asks them to do a delivery, if they don't want to drive a van for 8 hours a day, then why apply for the job?

Mr Zabe
09-05-2006, 06:11 PM
I agree with all the feedback that has all ready been said by the above board mates. smile.gif

Working hard and smart at least for me was a matter of personal pride. I had to work at McD's and BK to earn much needed colledge spending money. I worked (over 20 years ago) with kids who too had very little if no pride in their work.

Trust me most managers know what's what as to who works hard and follows requests. It's almost like you have the work ethic or you don't.

Greg is 100% correct in his feedback. You may need to try to filter out the "slackerds" and just work hard and just do as well as you can.

Besides money you will go home feeling so good about yourself. This feeling is priceless.

Keep up the good work.

Zabe

[ 09-05-2006, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

greg
09-05-2006, 06:48 PM
Always work towards bringing people up to your level, not you stooping down to theirs!

David J.
09-05-2006, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by greg:
If you are concerned about "respect" and "wage considerations" make sure you get a good education and have a solid work ethic. However, today just an education and a good work ethic will not provide you with good wages and respect. Make sure you are doing things like Ron S said, learn beyond the scope of your job. The more you know about your organization and the duties of others in it the better your chances for advancement. Oh... I've worked hard and already have a better education than most of my workers, but not good enough in todays society. I've worked hard, but treated like crap in return, and not giving any attitude. I'll get a good drive thru time, the manager will praise me, and five minutes later they'll come back yelling and denying that they where nice to me.

No one where I work knows how to mantain the fountain. Furthermore.... no one has a responibility on mantaining them, nor cares besides me. The managers just come complaning that it is our fault when we have nothing to do with the problem, nor can do anything about it, other than change the BIB's.

ALLPRO
09-06-2006, 01:16 AM
No matter what the job is...Always give it 100%!
It will pay off!