PDA

View Full Version : Is Red Fusion cancelled or what? Harder and harder to find.. also DNL and other ?'s

Robot
10-19-2004, 02:51 AM
Is red fusion cancelled??

gas stations here in chicago have readily available 20oz bottles, they are VERY OLD and all out of date... i see old movie adds on them still.

cant find cans much anywhere, but i managed to find 24 packs at JEwel Osco, not many.

so, with cherry vanilla drpepper coming soon, nationwide in 2005, that will be in regular and diet, i dont see ANY possibility that red fusion will get nay shelf space anymore, is this the case?

anyone in the know on this?
DNL seems to be sticking around, any more words on this? the 20oz in gas stations seems old, but nowhere near as old as the red fusions... and it is readily available in chicago at least in fridge packs.

and if anyone knows, is pitch black goign to be a yearly halloween thing or just this halloween, and will LIVE WIRE be cancelled or continue its year round thing in chicago again?

teamtitan512
10-19-2004, 04:49 PM
Livewire has already started to disappear in most stores here, and Pitch Black in some too.

Red Fusion is gone here for good, unless ABC in WV still has it (not sure on that). dnL is still around, but clinging to life barely.

Coke04
10-19-2004, 06:12 PM
I read on sodafavorites that this is DNL's last year. DNL and Red Fusion are both here, but RF is out of date.

LiveWire is going to be year-round here. We're PepsiAmericas territory. Pitch Black doesn't seem to be disappearing yet, although it is selling well.

Shatter
10-19-2004, 07:03 PM
Red Fusion is still bottled here, but probably not for long. My store's DP rep told me that they've already discontinued it in 20 oz. bottles. And they don't put too many 12-packs into the shelf, even though they almost always sell out by the end of the day. I see people drinking it more and more, and buying it up more. It's a shame that it will be cancelled soon. I wish they'd give it some time, to let it build up an audience. It's really good stuff.

Robot
10-19-2004, 08:33 PM
i wish that too.. but i dont see a big enough of a market for Dr. Pepper, Diet Dr. Pepper, Red Fusion Dr. Pepper, Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper and Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper, not to mention possibly the caffeine free variants.. that owuld be simlpy too much shelf space for dr.pepper's...

RunWithDaLilGuy
10-19-2004, 09:37 PM
there's too many dr peppers. remember, not everyone likes the stuff. i know it's a shocker...

Coke04
10-21-2004, 03:37 PM
I have never seen a single person drinking or buying Red Fusion in my life. I would cancel it.

fusion
10-21-2004, 04:38 PM
Personally, I like the term disco'd (discontinued) over cancelled. It reminds me of the 70's. tongue.gif

Robot
10-21-2004, 04:38 PM
yah i have only seen myself drinking red fusion ,never seen anyone buying it or drinking it..

however, today i did see a lady wearing a red fusion t-shirt, and it made me laugh.. it was obviously a free shirt she had just decided to throw on today.. i bet she has never even tried the stuff.

teamtitan512
10-21-2004, 06:02 PM
I've never seen anyone drinking the stuff.

In other news, last night I found the first 7Up machine to exist in Allegany County. I'm thrilled to be able to actually buy those products in 20 oz. here somewhere other than Sheetz.

Lord Turbine
10-22-2004, 03:21 PM
You think that Dr. Pepper has too much shelf space? Look at Coke!

Coca-Cola
Diet Coke
C-2
Caffine Free Coca-Cola
Caffine Free Diet Coke
Diet Coke with Lime
Diet Coke With Lemon

And there's rumors for:

Caffine Free Diet Coke with Lime
Caffine Free Diet Coke with Lemon
Caffine Free C-2 (BIG rumor)

Now, I don't know about you, but I think that 10 types of one drink is a tad too much, ey?

fusion
10-22-2004, 10:50 PM
You forgot Vanilla Coke, Cherry Coke, Diet Vanilla Coke and Diet Cherry Coke.

CF C2 was due out 2 months ago, but since C2 didn't do what they expected, they shelved it. There were 20oz samples of CF C2 produced, actually.

CF Diet Lime might work. Forget about CF Diet Lemon. We can't even sell enough of Diet Lemon.

Shatter
10-22-2004, 11:44 PM
Well, I was worried that Red Fusion would be cancelled when Cherry Vanilla DP came in. But yesterday, when I was in my store's dock area where they keep the soda company stock, there was Red Fusion on a newly delivered pallet, next to Cherry Vanilla. So at least I don't need to stock up just yet.

I see people drinking Red Fusion every once in a while. 12-packs sell out really quickly, and I see some of the other employees drinking it. I even saw a can lying on the side of the road the other day. So somebody's buying it other than me.

Shatter
10-23-2004, 11:41 PM
I just realised today that the Red Fusion that's coming into my store right now is bottled in Houston, instead of by the Dallas bottler. I wonder why they'd haul it up from Houston.

fizzbizz
10-24-2004, 09:54 AM
In most markets Red Fusion is being phased out as Cherry Vanilla is introduced. My gues on the Dallas-Houston situation is that they are shipping RF around as Dallas has the most inventory to get rid of.

upinarms
10-24-2004, 03:27 PM
DNL is falling off the shelves like it has leperosy.

Honestly, I couldnt sell any to save my life. Other buddies in the area with the beverage had the same problem. It has the inital "testing" purchases in the beginning, but once all those interested tries, few returned again and then finally it just collected dust.

From what I've been told, early to mid 2005 will be the end of DNL.

teamtitan512
10-27-2004, 08:34 PM
RC Winchester I think has stopped producing it. We still have it coming in Cool Packs from ABC-Columbus, but it looks funny w/all the other stuff in reg. 12 packs still.

DPDude
12-06-2004, 10:35 AM
Red Fusion is becoming even more scarce in Texas. Temple Bottling still produces it in small quantities but the number of locations that still carry it in the Temple/Belton/Killeen area are dwindling. They still produce it in 12packs of 12oz cans and 20oz bottles. I managed to clean out supplies at several convenience stores in Belton yesterday.

Waco Dr Pepper has stopped distributing Red Fusion altogether.

The bottling companies I spoke with stated that sales of Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper has really taken off and has pretty much crowded out Red Fusion on grocery store shelves.

Drink
12-06-2004, 10:57 AM
We have NO Red Fusion lest at all! Even know I love the soda I think it was a smart move for Dr Pepper to give it the boot

DPDude
12-06-2004, 05:44 PM
Drink,
Dr Pepper corporate said that they still make the syrup for bottlers. It's just that so few bottlers are still producing it right now.

I have to drive a minimum of one hour to reach the nearest town that sells it. Unfortunately I see the day coming soon when DP corporate says that they no longer make the syrup and it will be gone forever.

Drink
12-06-2004, 06:42 PM
Dr Pepper may just be saying that but if Red Fusion is still being bottled then who knows!

jericho
12-22-2004, 07:26 AM
I found Red Fusion offered in the fountain drinks at a convienece store in Edmond, Oklahoma right off I-35.

[ 12-22-2004, 07:27 AM: Message edited by: jericho ]

RunWithDaLilGuy
12-22-2004, 10:05 AM
it's still in 20oz here but not in cans or 2L

Drink
12-22-2004, 04:33 PM
We had Red Fusion in Fountain only at Arbys and Wendys.

redcremesoda
12-24-2004, 12:26 AM
Still see Red Fusion all around Chicago, particularly at Jewel and Woodman's. Doesn't appear to be going away yet.

And IMO, RF is way better than Cherry Vanilla DP. CVDP tastes too close to regular DP. Red Fusion at least tastes different and has something to differentiate it from DP.

Drink
12-24-2004, 02:03 AM
People say that Red Fusion taste just like Dr Pepper.

Robot
12-24-2004, 06:32 AM
people who say red fusion taste just like dr.pepper dont drink much dr. pepper or much red fusion or both...

red fusion is obviously related to dr.pepper, but the flavor is quite a bit different...

cherry vanilla dr pepper is much more like dr.pepper, which i think should be obvious considering its still called dr.pepper and is just dr.pepper with a hint of cherry and a hint of vanilla added... will still be delicious however.

red fusion really is a different beast and very good, just was a poor idea to not come out with a diet when diet is driving new sales and diet is a big part of dr.pepper's sales. its still in chicago and who knows, maybe it will be here forever... coke II was here for ages!

Drink
12-24-2004, 06:42 AM
Dr Pepper said that they were going to come out with one but Red Fusion just did so bad in sales.

Acheron
12-24-2004, 12:32 PM
Fusion finally disappeard here, replaced on the shelves with CVDP (which it was sharing shelf space with for a while.) 20oz's seem to be gone too.

A shame, really - it was my girlfriend's favorite, and it was just so much lighter than DP.

Robot
12-24-2004, 03:12 PM
ya red fusion really is a lite flavor... its good stuff... you should just get out to a spot that has it still and stock up on tons of it... its not even my favorite soda or anything and i probably have... two 24 packs and four 12 packs..

Drink
12-24-2004, 03:50 PM
Yes I was sad when Red Fusion left

teamtitan512
12-29-2004, 03:23 AM
Northcentral West Virginia has either become the mecca (or dumping ground) for Red Fusion. ABC/DPSUBG has it here, and doesn't have any Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper, regular or diet yet.

Other than CCE-Pittsburgh, Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper is nonexistent in these parts, and so far, only in Diet.

Drink
12-29-2004, 04:46 AM
Dr Pepper just put to much faith in Red Fusion and now it's gone!

stinkfinger
12-29-2004, 10:29 AM
Man Drink your posts are soooooooo scintillating and informative. :rolleyes: I wonder if your name is Ben Whitman.

Drink
12-29-2004, 04:15 PM
Who's this Ben Whitman? Do you have a problem with my posts?

fusion
12-29-2004, 08:48 PM
Well, both IP addreses (Drink's and Ben Whitman's) are owned by telus.net, specifically in British Columbia.

Coincidence?

teamtitan512
12-29-2004, 11:57 PM
Methinks it's more than coincidence. Can't you just "drink" your way into oblivion for the good of all mankind, or at least this forum?

teamtitan512
01-01-2005, 01:34 AM
I'm forced to eat my own words. Diet CV DP has appeared here locally. Martin's has authorized it in Cool Packs only. Interesting there's no 20 oz., and nowhere else I've been (No sign from PBG-Baltimore, or whatever facility supplies Central PA - Baltimore, Philadelphia, wherever it comes from it's still in FakeMates).

Acheron
01-11-2005, 06:07 AM
DNL is on it's last breath, methinks. The store I work at just got a pallet of nothing but DNL 12 packs and has em' marked to sell at .99 each. Sounds like somebody's emptying their stock to me.

chrisloll
01-13-2005, 06:48 PM
I already stated this in another thread, but the DP bottler in Houston is still producing Red Fusion in a limited capacity.

Robot
01-13-2005, 07:18 PM
damn 99 cents for 12 packs, i wish they had those deals in chicago..

chrisloll
01-14-2005, 05:01 PM
If anybody needs some Red Fusion, our bottler in Houston is down to 72 cases which they're going to set up however many I need. I'd be happy to help some people out if they're desperate.

Dr. Feelgood Worley
01-20-2005, 03:56 PM
I cant get it anymore either... Island Gas doesnt have it no more.

RunWithDaLilGuy
02-05-2005, 03:00 PM
I heard from a merchandiser that works for ABC in michigan that they are discoing red fusion, dnl, welch's grape (why?!) and big red soda. big red is turning into diet big red.

i didn't exactly understand that last one, but there are going to be some changes in the lineup up here.

also, i have noticed that they are putting caffiene free dr pepper in every set now in 12pk cans.

teamtitan512
02-07-2005, 12:25 AM
Goodbye Red Fusion. Replaced from ABC in WV, meaning it's off to failed drink hell.

Robot
02-07-2005, 12:57 AM
good to hear about diet big red, been wanting to try that for ages now..

RunWithDaLilGuy
02-07-2005, 05:58 PM
oh, one more thing. there's a diet rite black cherry now. i kept forgetting about that.

teamtitan512
02-08-2005, 02:07 AM
Yep. Always has been a Black Cherry Diet Rite, just ABC now has it in Cool Packs. Same in Western PA. Canada Dry Potomac still has one on ABC: they have Diet Rite Golden Peach.

Shatter
02-09-2005, 03:40 PM
Red Fusion is gone from Dallas. It was being bottled in Houston and shipped in, but they've decided to stop doing that. So now, i'm down to a solitary can sitting in my locker at work. :(

ithastabeshasta
02-09-2005, 08:12 PM
To bad about red fusion, I liked it. Seems to me I just saw some on my trip to get Dr Slice in December. When I go out to get some more I will have to look for it.