PDA

View Full Version : 2 liter bottles

Mr Nethead
02-04-2006, 09:59 PM
Today I bought a 2 liter of BCVC for the Super Bowl holiday. tongue.gif It was on sale for 89 cents. I think I might start buying more 2 liter bottles, because they're actually a pretty good deal. Usually I spend a lot on single 20 ounce bottles at gas stations and so forth, and those bottles actually cost quite a bit more than 2 liters in some cases. One gas station I frequent is selling Coke 20 ounce bottles for $1.45. :eek: That's approaching bowling alley prices.

I know a lot of people that don't like 2 liter bottles because they say the soda goes flat. But if I put the cap on tight, the carbonation seems to last 2-3 days. Of course, the bottle I bought for tomorrow will most likely be shared anyway.

What do you all think of 2L bottles?

Mr Zabe
02-04-2006, 10:19 PM
I see your point. I twist the cap on the 2lts so hard my hand hurts. Actually I use a rubber bottler grip to twist the cap on tight. I can get a good 5 days or so of good carbonation using this method. I like 2lts when I know I'm going to want to drink one special flavor for the day.LOL I usally get 3 servings out of a bottle.

I like 12oz cans for the good carbonation and they keep me honest. Cans in a goofy way help me limit my soda pop intake. I know how to drink a can with a meal so that I have a nice finishing gulp at the end of the meal. It's funny but I do this last gulp trick without even thinking.

I like 1ltr bottles with delivered pizza. LOL

My dream is to have a B.O.B system with 6 flavors. LOL

[ 02-04-2006, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

fusion
02-04-2006, 11:21 PM
I don't think I could drink the same thing for 2-3 days straight.

I much prefer cans.

PepsiBlue
02-05-2006, 01:48 PM
I always get 2 liters.
of course some people in my family sometimes accidently leave the cap off > :(

MATHA531
02-05-2006, 01:52 PM
Here in NYC, CCE makes arbitrary decisions of what to put into 2l bottles and what not to. As noted, I blame them partially for the demise of vc and dvc when they refused to put the products into 1.5l or 2l bottles (and made it very hard to find fridge packs also)....currently I believe they are still not producing diet coke cherry in 2l bottles...I saw 2l bottles of it while visiting my parents in Florida at Publix but not in the cce turf....and in stores while I can find bcv and dbcv in 2l and fridge packs, not so plain diet coke cherry....they should be required to make all products available in all bottle sizes.

AzRocks
02-05-2006, 02:16 PM
im starting to like 1.5L bottles more then 2L botttles- for sum reason i can never finish a 2L bottle without it getting flat

pepsidew
02-05-2006, 02:31 PM
i pick up a 2liter when i know i am going drink it over a few days - like on a weekend when i want to stay up later. but generally i like soda out of a can alot better

The King
02-05-2006, 06:30 PM
I grew up with 2 liters, so it's something I'm used to. I can go through a 2 Liter in a day or 2, so losing fizz is not much of a concern to me.

Since I switched to diet, I've bought more cans than I used to, but when they had a deal like .79 Coke 2-Liters, I'm gonna grab that. When I can get $2 12-Packs, I'll get that.

I just wich DCVDP came in 2-Liters out here.

sirslash
02-05-2006, 11:31 PM
I like 2 liters for the value
and cans for the longer lasting freshness and flavor

iluvsurge220
02-06-2006, 04:40 PM
YES!!! Thank you Mr. Nethead!! I love buying the 2-liters over the cans any day because they are so much cheaper. The only problem I have now, is that my fridge in my college dorm room is almost too small for a big 2-liter bottle so I've had to stick with the cans. When I do get a 2-liter I stick it in the fridge and make sure the lid is on as tight as I can get it. I'm a tightwad, so anytime I can get more for less, I will take it even if it might not be as great.

ramonazo
02-06-2006, 05:02 PM
I also think it's better buying 2 liter bottles (or 2.5 liter bottles in our case) instead of buying four bottles of 20 oz. (or 600 ml, in our case), it's more cheap...

The bad thing is that if you don´t close well the bottle... loses all it's carbonation... :(

[ 02-06-2006, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

jericho
02-06-2006, 07:37 PM
A trick to make 2-liters keep fizz longer is to put the cap on tight and then shake the bottle until it firms up. Do this only when you are done drinking from the bottle for a while because the carbination will run out if you do it too much.

Mr Zabe
02-06-2006, 07:46 PM
I will also pour out a glass of soda pop and right away put the top back on semi tight. I believe this helps keep the gas from escaping. I cringe when I am someones house and the caps are not put back on ASAP. LOL

drpep
02-06-2006, 10:42 PM
I hate 2 liter bottles. If I go to my parents or friend's house and they pull out an open 2 liter I will pass and have water.

fusion
02-07-2006, 10:30 PM
Yeah, because unless it is Nestea or Brisk or some other noncarb, you're pretty much guaranteed that it's going to be flat.

[ 02-07-2006, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

ramonazo
02-08-2006, 02:26 AM
Talking about familiar sizes, recently were released in Mexico City the new Pepsi 3 liter bottles

http://www.elpublicista.com.mx/tv/pepsi_circo_oferta.jpg

To watch the ad, click here (http://www.elpublicista.com.mx/v3_33.html), Quicktime required...

iluvsurge220
02-08-2006, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Ramón Coca-Colero:
Talking about familiar sizes, recently were released in Mexico City the new Pepsi 3 liter bottles

http://www.elpublicista.com.mx/tv/pepsi_circo_oferta.jpg

To watch the ad, click here (http://www.elpublicista.com.mx/v3_33.html), Quicktime required... Hey when I was in Guatemala, they had like Super Cola and Orange Crush in big 3.1 liter bottles, and they only cost a little more than a dollar in American money. I bought one and it was pretty good, but it was so huge that I couldn't drink all of it and it went flat so I poured the rest out lol.

ramonazo
02-08-2006, 06:45 PM
In Latin America you will find a lot of sodas in 3 liter bottles, an example is Big Cola and First flavors(grapefruit, orange and apple) in 3.3 liter bottles...

And Coca-Cola is also sold in 3 liter bottles, but only in few cities like Mexicali, Hermosillo and Tijuana... although IMO, 3 Liter Coke has a very awful label...

http://static.flickr.com/26/97306406_50ce0e3aba_o.jpg

[ 02-08-2006, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

iluvsurge220
02-08-2006, 09:39 PM
Yeah I think thats what it was. I said SuperCola at first but now I think it was actually called mega big cola. Thanks for bringing that up, it reminded me of the actual name lol!!!

ramonazo
02-08-2006, 09:44 PM
You're welcome... smile.gif

http://www.elasesor.com.mx/mex340/images/AlfredoParedes06JCA%20copy.jpg

Big Cola along with First flavor sodas are being a huge success for the low-income market... but Coke still has the biggest piece of the cake... :D

[ 02-08-2006, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

iluvsurge220
02-08-2006, 09:46 PM
Nice picture of it. Gosh I had so much fun down there, I wish I could go back sometime. It was awesome. Seeing that just brought back the memories.

ramonazo
02-08-2006, 09:49 PM
I have to admit it... Big Cola tastes better than Pepsi, but Coke tastes MUCH better than those two... Coke is always on my mind :D

[ 02-08-2006, 08:50 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

Mr Zabe
02-08-2006, 11:44 PM
MrR
Your first baby bottle was a 500ml of Coke
with a nipple over the top. LMAO Just joking as you are the most
Coca Cola inspired guy I have ever met:)

[ 02-08-2006, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

ramonazo
02-09-2006, 12:16 AM
LMAO! :D

Unfortunately when I was a baby there were only Coke in 6.5 oz. and 12 oz... :D

Here's a Coke mother's day ad from Argentina that says graphically just what you said: smile.gif

Del Pico (http://www.coca-cola.com.ar/images/marcas/Del%20Pico.zip)

Translation: To the person who taught us to drink...

[ 02-08-2006, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

Hollow Man
02-14-2006, 02:51 AM
The big "secret" to keeping your 2 liter carbonated is to ditch that bottle once enough soda is consumed, put the soda in a smaller bottle, fill it to the top, and screw the cap on tight. The reason carbonation is lost in a partially empty bottle is pure physics: the carbon dioxide leaves the soda solution by escaping into the empty air. So by keeping a bottle full of soda, you have as little air in the bottle as possible, thus, the carbon dioxide stays in the soda solution.

Truth be told, however, I don't buy 2 liter bottles much. I use this trick on 20 oz. PET - I often drink 12 oz. worth, then pour the rest into an 8 oz. soda bottle (got 'em at Wal-Mart). This keeps the remaining soda bountifully carbonated for future consumption.

-HM