PDA

View Full Version : Our Pepsi products appear in new packaging

wonkapete
02-08-2006, 09:50 AM
The cardboard cartons disapppered over the weekend and now the plastic throwaways are shrink wrapped. Everyone seen these? Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mountain Dew, etc.

http://static.flickr.com/40/97153426_b72db394c6.jpg?v=0

bigrich
02-08-2006, 10:19 AM
I saw these in Cincinnati from PAS. They were at Walmart.

Mr Zabe
02-08-2006, 10:59 AM
Chicago has had this package for a good while. Actually they could have been 1/2 litters or 20oz but I have seen similar packaging.

greg
02-08-2006, 11:17 AM
We used to do the 16.9oz bottles in the Walmarts in Atlanta this way. They were fairly popular.We only did Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mtn Dew, and Sierra Mist in this package at the time.

fusion
02-08-2006, 12:18 PM
Just saw them at a WM grand opening last week, from NR (Wytheville VA).

I also remember seeing them a while back from PBV in southern DE.

the saint
02-08-2006, 12:58 PM
Those are for walmart only. the cardboard wraps are still being produced for all other markets. It has to due with Walmart exclusive promotions i.e. on package advertising/ coupons as walmart doesn't allow vendors to physically place a coupon on the products but if it is made into the wrap then that is ok..

fusion
02-08-2006, 01:10 PM
correct.

And no coupon neckringers. But they do allow neckringers for other reasons. I remember ones for grandparents day and others promoting the vision center.

iluvsurge220
02-08-2006, 04:08 PM
I saw them at Wal-Mart here in Kentucky. I think it was in Mountain Dew, Pepsi, and Diet Pepsi. Didn't buy any though.

pepsidew
02-08-2006, 06:48 PM
yeah i have seen those at work - makes since that they are a walmart package - those 8pk 12oz cardboard boxed bottle suck - they come apart like nobodys business - they used to have aquafina in this 12pk 12oz package

fusion
02-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Aquafina 12oz 12pks around here are in fridge packaging.

XLS_04
02-08-2006, 10:42 PM
when are the 24 oz. Coke bottles ever going to be sold nationaly? I think the 12oz. plastic 12 or 6 packs are everywhere across the country now.

I also remember someone mentioning there are 12oz. glass bottles being sold in 12 or 6 packs in certain areas of the country.

fusion
02-08-2006, 11:04 PM
I was told that the 24oz 6pks were going to be phased out - they actually have disappeared from some markets. But we are still selling them in Maryland, though on a more limited basis.

The production facility in Richmond VA has to run 16.9oz 6pks and 24oz 6pks on the same line for a very large area, geographically. When they are on a busier production schedule (holidays, summer months) it can be a lot more difficult to run everything.

I did notice we pared back the brand offerings in 24oz. It's just Coke, Diet, CF Diet, and Sprite now. Previously we had MM Lemonade, Nestea, and Vanilla Coke. I also remember seeing Mello Yello and Dr Pepper around Cleveland TN.

The 8pks of 12oz bottles are national. Coke, Coke Zero, Diet Coke, CF Diet, and Sprite. CCBCC also makes Dasani + Dasani flavors. I hear there may be additonal flavors released this year. And the areas that have Dr Pepper also have Dr Pepper and Diet Dr Pepper. Apparently Sundrop isn't made in this package anymore, though.

BottleBoss
02-09-2006, 05:01 PM
Yep, Wallys-Marts in Maryland have them to. I didn't get too excited when I saw them. Just a new sized plastic bottle. Now if they were in a cool shape. Well, that would be different. Just the same old same old though.

RunWithDaLilGuy
02-09-2006, 05:08 PM
i just saw these at walmart near me. i also saw pepsi taking back the cardboard ones.

pepsi here also had vernor's ginger ale in this size and man, the graphics were just terrible. on the cup, the bottle that's supposed to be vernor's is just white, and the vernors bottles look like someone at pbg took a digital picture without a flash and just went from there.

r

pepsidew
02-11-2006, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by fusion:
Aquafina 12oz 12pks around here are in fridge packaging. yeah we have those now too but we used to have them in the plastic which i liked alot better - those fridgemates with bottles in them suck - the cardboard isnt strong enough.