PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas Distributors

Ron Swedelson
06-18-2003, 11:22 PM
Anyone feel like helping me out. All I know Vegas for is for its food, taking my money, hotels, and strip clubs (Which also take my money). But I don't know any thing about the distributors there. Can anyone recomend anyone good? Is the local 7-Up house decent?

teamtitan512
06-19-2003, 05:38 PM
I might be mixed up, but I believe the 7Up bottler there also controls Dr Pepper. Other than that, don't know much else.

fusion
06-19-2003, 06:58 PM
What about Real Soda Las Vegas?

mrshasta
06-19-2003, 09:15 PM
There's a new full line distributor opening up soon.

Can't say anymore about it at this point.

mrshasta
06-19-2003, 09:20 PM
Ohhhh. Dr Pepper is Coca-Cola. I don't think Real Soda has a presence here. 7up is a division of 7UP/RC of Southern California, you'd have to get it authorized by the SoCal office. Coors seems to be the only distributor that will accept new items, if you're throwing allot of marketing funds in the area.

Ron Swedelson
06-20-2003, 12:11 PM
Anyone know what city the 7-up house is located in (So. Cal). Real Soda is a good house, but is not quite right for BAWLS in all areas. Unfortunatly Vegas is one of them. I have heard the name TKO beverage a few times, but I have no idea who they are or what they are doing.

mrshasta
06-25-2003, 01:16 AM
Ron, email me mrshasta@aol.com. I can help you out. Never head of TKO, outside of boxing at least.

sodasommelier
06-25-2003, 10:17 AM
Does "perfect" count as "not quite right"??? Gee whiz who has done more for Bawls in the West but Real Soda? We put it on the map in the West and we've had Bawls for more than five years... we've even delivered it to Caesar's Palace when there was no other option; give credit where credit is due...

Las Vegas is a hard town for distribution; in fact we have a bunch of places there that come down to LA and pick up or they ask us or someone we know to deliver up there. But everyone who's tried to start the biz up there has tried to do so from elsewhere. So now we're talking with someone who actually lives there and wants to go for it with gusto.

Well, once we establish a real presence up there you might ultimately decide that our guy is "quite righter" than expected! smile.gif

Ron Swedelson
06-25-2003, 05:16 PM
Danny, there is no credit to be taken away from you. Nor is there anything said there to discourage what you have done with BAWLS in your area. All I am saying is that Real Soda Las Vegas is not the ideal set up for BAWLS. I like your sales reps. there a lot. But a town that important, at this point in time, RSLV is just not the right connection. But for LA, seems to be working.

sodasommelier
06-27-2003, 01:09 AM
In fact we don't really have our LV set up yet so I cannot really rate our situation there until it's up and running. But in general I think that our folks do really well with Bawls and that it fits our beverage offerings as well as the personalities of our distributors pretty well. And in the case of Las Vegas the alternatives are probably either massive companies that will not care about Bawls or penniless scammers who may make some placements here and there but who will just 'jones' around and fizzle out owing money.

But all of that having been said I won't make any warranties or representations based upon our guy there until he's had a chance to prove himself. For what it's worth, consider that you have an option out there in case you need it smile.gif

LV Eric
07-11-2003, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by sodasommelier:
But all of that having been said I won't make any warranties or representations based upon our guy there until he's had a chance to prove himself. For what it's worth, consider that you have an option out there in case you need it smile.gif When do you think that will be?

mrshasta
07-21-2003, 06:33 PM
Ron...Andy says you never called. I can't help you if you won't pick up the phone...Everybody from across the USA thinks because we're the fastest growing Metro area in the country, they can make an easy buck here. Not so..wages are low..demand for unskilled labor is low...it is just plain tough to make it here. 4k people a month move in and 2k a month move out because they can't hang.

sodasommelier
07-26-2003, 12:05 AM
Well, it's seeming like it'll be later than sooner... MrShasta is right; it's a tough market. But still I think the right person can do it if they really are willing to work hard on it to get it off the ground.