PDA

View Full Version : Here's one for you...

steveu
06-20-2003, 01:40 PM
Before I left Atlanta, one of my fave new bevs was Pibb Xtra. Can't get it here in Huntsville, AL .... EXCEPT ... on the fountain at Arbys!

How weird (or not weird) is that?

karks88
06-20-2003, 01:51 PM
The only place in my town (that I know of) that carries the old Mr. Pibb is a fountain in a local pizza place.

It seems once in awhile you will find something in a fountain that you never see in cans or bottles. For instance, all of the SURGE Sightings we have are in fountains.

[ 06-20-2003, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: karks88 ]

teamtitan512
06-20-2003, 05:32 PM
It all exists upon contracts of the corporations, not anything w/local bottlers. This is why in a lot of areas you can find Pibb, Surge, Minute Maid, and Fanta around, whereas they are gone from everywhere else in a region. Go to Pittsburgh, and McDonald's has Pibb. You won't find Pibb anywhere else up there that's for sure.

Thank these contracts for getting some obscure products in. Arby's must be the most divided when it comes to drinks, most I've been to have Coke, but my local one has Pepsi. I've even seen a few w/RC as well. They can't make up their mind. Also have found Wendy's and Hardee's w/Pepsi, although both have Coke contracts. It's weird having Mountain Dew funneled in a cup saying Always Coca-Cola on the outside of it.