PDA

View Full Version : Nestea Ice: new line extension or replacement?

ramonazo
05-20-2005, 10:49 AM
Last Wednesday, Coca-Cola announced the release of Nestea Ice, that describes it as an "Innovative Ready-To-Drink Tea With Refreshing Cooling Ingredient".

Check more at:
http://www2.coca-cola.com/presscenter/nr_20050518_americas_nestea_ready_to_drink.html
http://www2.coca-cola.com/presscenter/newproducts_nestea_ready_to_drink.html

My question is: Nestea Ice is a new line extension of Nestea or it will replace Nestea Cool?

[ 05-20-2005, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: ramonazo ]

jmyjunk
05-20-2005, 12:27 PM
I wonder if it is the same cooling ingredient that is used in that Kool-Aid line. If so, I was not to thrilled with, as it had a disconcerting numbing sensation in my mouth.

Mr Zabe
05-20-2005, 12:51 PM
Thanks Ramanazo for the heads up.
I read that link. IMO the coke's Nestea is pretty darn good. The raspberry flavor is outstanding.

From reading that link I got the impression that coke might be revisiting it's old roots by adding some NOVOCAIN into the formula. LOLOLOLOLOL

I say if the car is still rocking then leave it alone. (Use your imagination. LOL)

Zabe

ramonazo
05-20-2005, 04:37 PM
I'm agree with you Mr. Zabe, Nestea COOL tastes so good, and better than Mexican ready-to-drink Nestea, I had the chance to try it in my winter vacations in Texas, but unfortunately there was only the regular version, not the flavored versions. Mmm... surely the raspberry flavored Nestea tastes great.

[ 05-20-2005, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: ramonazo ]

fusion
05-23-2005, 09:31 PM
Has anyone tried the Fair Warning drinks at 7-11? They're made by Brain Twist, which is a sort of new beverage think tank owned by Coca-Cola. They have two beverages that use a cooling ingredient. I have a feeling that they are using the same or a similar one with these new Ice drinks.

I saw shelf tags for them last week, so I figured they had to be new items, but I hadn't heard anything about them at all..anywhere.

They will be in 20oz only, to be released in the northeast and southeast in June. Diet Nestea Cool is also being reformulated with Splenda, and the graphics are being updated. They're dropping the "cool" name.

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-24-2005, 12:31 AM
a beverage think tank?

fusion
05-24-2005, 01:47 AM
Well, they develop and market their own beverages without having to go through the usual product development channels. They developed Slap, which was a predecessor to Swerve.

www.brain-twist.com (http://www.brain-twist.com)

Mr Zabe
05-24-2005, 12:03 PM
ramonazo,
I just had three 21oz cups of Nescafe Raspberry Ice Tea. I will go out on a limb as say that I have never had a bad cup of Raspberry Nescafe Ice Tea and that this flavored tea has to be the best in it's category.

I love pop. LOL This flavored ice tea is just the ultimate drink. smile.gif

Zabe

[ 05-24-2005, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Look In The Tunk
05-24-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by fusion:
Has anyone tried the Fair Warning drinks at 7-11? I have. I bought one in December of last year, either that or January of this year, I can't remember. I think I was sick at the time I drank it with a bad cold and I thought the 'cooling' action would make me feel better. It didn't.

I didn't care much for the bottle, not becase it was one of those new "alumumium bottles" but because of the shape. You felt silly drinking out of it.

jmur
05-27-2005, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by jmyjunk:
I wonder if it is the same cooling ingredient that is used in that Kool-Aid line. If so, I was not to thrilled with, as it had a disconcerting numbing sensation in my mouth. i agree with you. while it was cool at first while drinking it...the after effect wasnt so pleasant....and add that to iced tea...ehhhh im not so sure, but i guess we will eventually find out. i pray to god that it doesnt replace the COOL line, as its my favorite iced tea line out.

ramonazo
05-27-2005, 10:56 AM
BTW, Nestea Peach has just arrived HERE IN AGUASCALIENTES... WEEE!

[ 05-29-2005, 02:58 AM: Message edited by: ramonazo ]

fusion
05-29-2005, 01:21 AM
I remember back when Nestea (not Nestea Cool) was in 16oz glass bottles. Lemon, Diet Lemon, Sweetened, Unsweetened, Raspberry, Peach, and Earl Grey. I loved the Earl Grey.

Peach and Earl Grey were discontinued a long time ago. At one time they did release a decaf tea, but I believe it is gone as well.

fusion
05-30-2005, 12:25 AM
There was also a horrible lemon green tea in 16oz (released after they switched Nestea to the current "rocket" bottles). Thankfully it wasn't around that long. It was terrible.

mjb1124
05-30-2005, 09:18 PM
I just saw Nestea Cool in 1.5 oz. bottles with a new label, so I think that means it's sticking around.

Mr Zabe
05-30-2005, 09:54 PM
Not to be too funny but 1.5 oz bottles would be rather a small serving. LOL What flavors did you find?

Zabe

[ 05-30-2005, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

mjb1124
05-31-2005, 03:01 PM
LOL...I meant 1.5 liter

Only one I found was Lemon.

Mr Zabe
05-31-2005, 03:29 PM
How did the Nestea Lemon Cool taste to you?
Was it still a smooth taste with the lemon not so over powering. I hope it was just a lable change as the Nestea Cool line up IMO are smooth and full bodied. The are always refeshing. smile.gif

Now I sound like an add. LOL

Zabe

fusion
05-31-2005, 03:46 PM
I've never seen Peach or Raspberry Cool in any bottle bigger than a 20oz. Lemon is available almost everywhere in 2L/1.5L.. Diet is a lot harder to find, though. But I figure once they relaunch it with Splenda, they will make more packages available.

I do remember seeing the Lemonade Iced Tea (MM Lemonade + Nestea Cool) in 2L in the Atlanta area a few years back. I swear the stuff looks like antifreeze!

ramonazo
06-03-2005, 11:45 PM
One question, what's the difference between the regular Nestea Ready-to-Drink and Nestea Cool?("Ice" soon) Just the bottle?

[ 06-03-2005, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: ramonazo ]

fusion
06-04-2005, 11:42 PM
No.. the RTD stuff is more like (but not exactly) brewed iced tea. The Cool line is like the dry powder mix you see in the big canisters that you add water to, to make tea.

Look In The Tunk
06-05-2005, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by fusion:

I do remember seeing the Lemonade Iced Tea (MM Lemonade + Nestea Cool) in 2L in the Atlanta area a few years back. I swear the stuff looks like antifreeze! I just had some of that today (finally found a bottle that wasn't expired!) and boy was that too sweet and too nasty. I guess I'm just spoiled off Tazo's Tea Lemonade (the real stuff!)