PDA

View Full Version : tropicana twister sodas launched

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-23-2005, 01:21 AM
tropicana twister sodas are out in michigan from PBG Howell - HC.

THeres a red one, and a purple one that's almost blue, and an orange and a diet orange. not exciting, looks stupid, so far i've seen it in 2L and 12pk can. no 24/20/16.9/12oz pet yet. pet yet. pet yet. pet met fret bet yet.

Look In The Tunk
05-23-2005, 12:54 PM
I'm curious about this "purple one that's almost blue" one.

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-23-2005, 11:22 PM
it's grape, but it really doesn't look remotely...purply. seems like they were selling alright. i think the logos are garish and repulsive.

Look In The Tunk
05-24-2005, 12:35 PM
i think the logos are garish and repulsive.
Do you have an example?

For a second I thought you said "girly and repulsive".

fusion
05-24-2005, 07:10 PM
http://www.cool-drinks.com/Images/TropicanaTwisterSoda.gif

Look In The Tunk
05-24-2005, 07:37 PM
Yeah, that looks like an off brand marketed to kids.

swanker
05-24-2005, 09:04 PM
Yeah it's distributed by Pepsi.

jmur
05-27-2005, 02:34 AM
i tried the grape, and i didnt think it was too bad. it had the usual grape soda taste, but then something a tad different. i described it as grape soda + a melted grape popsicle. ive yet to try the other flavors yet, but am eager to.

i think that they shouldve just used the name 'tropicana soda' instead of the twister name because the tropicana twister juices are known for their unique flavors of fruits, whereas the sodas consist of just 1 flavor.

PepsiBlue
05-27-2005, 10:44 PM
if Soda in that label didnt look so goofy and looks liked the twister font, it wouldnt looks o kiddy

jmyjunk
05-31-2005, 06:15 PM
They have shown up at King Soopers in Boulder in fridge mate 12 packs. I saw orange, diet orange, grape and strawberry.
I bought diet an orange. And it is FANTASTIC!

This is a real "orange" soda. as the second ingredent is Orange juice from concentrate.
It the tast is great. This diet version is slightly sweet but you can barley taste the aspartame.
I can't wait to try the sugar version.

Look In The Tunk
05-31-2005, 06:23 PM
Tropicana Twister Soda has gone gangbusters in Franklin, VA. It's everywhere and Orange Slice is gone. It makes me sad.

Hopefully this is just a temporary design on the can--I remember when Sierra Mist first came out it got a new can design a year later.

I've yet to try it though. I'll pick some up next time I go out.

Mr Zabe
05-31-2005, 06:24 PM
Dose anyone know if or when Tropican Twister pop
is going to be sold in Chicago? From your description, I am eager to give a try. smile.gif

Zabe

Dewman1979
05-31-2005, 08:52 PM
is the orange pop have slice as the base formula, or did they kill slice, and start from scratch

fusion
05-31-2005, 11:48 PM
Still no Tropicana soda in any form in eastern MD or northern DE. Plenty of Slice Orange and Grape in DE, though Diet Orange seems to have disappeared.

jmyjunk
06-01-2005, 11:21 AM
I do not think that Slice had orange juice from conentrate in it. This is a new forumla, and so far (I can only speak for diet version) works!

fusion
06-01-2005, 02:20 PM
Back in the day, Slice had 10% juice. The latest incarnation has no juice, though.

bigrich
06-03-2005, 04:32 PM
I have seen the new Tropicana in Pepsi Americas territory in Eastern Indiana. It has not shown up here in Indianapolis. I have just returned home from Columbus, OH and looked in Dayton from PBG and it was not available there. I looked in Columbus from G&J and they were still selling Slice. All G&J cans were still in Fake-Mates.

Robot
06-03-2005, 07:05 PM
i tried diet tropicana twister orange... best diet orange soda i've had, good stuff.

mjb1124
06-04-2005, 06:19 PM
I tried the non-diet orange flavor. It was very good - there's a certain tartness to it that makes it taste kinda like a liquified orange. Definately better than the most recent formulations of Slice and Fanta Orange.

PepsiBlue
06-05-2005, 03:18 PM
wow this soda has 1% juice

DrPepper86
06-05-2005, 03:58 PM
Just tried the strawberry flavor, it wasnt great but wasnt horrible, it was just ok. :rolleyes:

The Interpreter
06-05-2005, 06:27 PM
I just picked up Diet Orange TT from CVS in West Virginia. It's chillin the fridge, though I tried (and liked) a 20 oz. bottle in Knoxville last weekend...

Snapple Sungod
06-05-2005, 10:14 PM
Is it just me or does the whole twister soda thing seem weird-- i mean yes they are good, but the whole point of the twister drink in the first place was to have twisted flavors. Orange, Diet orange, grape , and strawberry just don't seem too twisted to me. Now orange pineapple twister soda, or maybe grape apple twister soda. doesnt this bother anyone else???? smile.gif

OSpencerO
06-06-2005, 08:20 AM
Tropicana Twister is called Tropicana Twister because it has different flavors twisted together.
This soda is gimmicky and I simply don't like it when compared to Diet Orange Slice.
I wish Pepsi would bring back Diet Orange Slice to my area.

Spencer

The Truth
06-06-2005, 08:31 AM
The orange has a tang taste. I guess for little kids.

Mr Zabe
06-09-2005, 08:51 PM
YEAH!!!!!

Chicago's largest grocery store now has Tropicana
Twister. They have 20oz(?)bottles of Grape,Orange
and Stawberry (red???) for $0.69 per bottle.

I may go out late to the 24 hr Jewel and pick some up. I can't wait....it's about time. LOL

Zabe

fusion
06-09-2005, 10:16 PM
I found all four flavors in different parts of Virginia, in different packages (2L, 20oz, Fridgemate, old 3x4 fake fridgemates).

I tried the Strawberry in 20oz. Less artifical tasting than most Strawberry sodas. The flavor was quite tame, actually.

mjb1124
06-09-2005, 11:26 PM
Thus far I've seen Orange, Strawberry, and Grape in 20 oz. and 2 liter bottles. I tried the grape flavor yesterday, and while I'm no expert on grape sodas, this tasted better to me than I remember any other grape soda tasting - not too sweet or artificial-tasting.

Didn't try Strawberry yet, as the 20 oz. bottles I saw were not in the cooler. I gave my opinion on the Orange flavor earlier in this thread - it's some good stuff. I haven't seen Diet Orange yet, but I can't wait to try it.

Has anyone seen Pineapple or any other flavors that I didn't mention?

[ 06-09-2005, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: Mountain Dew Or Crab Juice? ]

Mr Zabe
06-10-2005, 11:29 AM
I was able to buy some orange last night. The store I went to did not have grape or strawberry.
I am traveling to a mega store located in Keosha Wisconsin this weekend. They usually get new products as soon as Chicago.

I just had my first 20oz bottle of TT Orange Soda.
I must be dreaming because it is sweet and full bodied enough to keep me happy. It did not have a lingering after taste nor an overly tart tail end kick. I rather enjoyed it. smile.gif

I have been a long time Orange Crush drinker and I have enjoyed other orange soda pops, this one seemed just a touch more "drinkable" than the others. It tasted orange but with a tiny bit less "tangy" flavor.

I would for sure buy this on sale and will give it a 7.5 on my soda pop enjoyment scale of 1 to 10.

Zabe

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-10-2005, 11:50 AM
Zabe, you seem to be an orange soda fan.

Have you tried Mountain Dew Livewire?

If so, what do you think?

I try it summer after summer and can't get into it.

jmur
06-10-2005, 11:54 AM
after trying the rest of the twister line, im not too impressed. the only one i like is the grape, and even that isnt that great. the strawberry is outright horrible...ive yet to taste a decent strawberry soda.

Mr Zabe
06-10-2005, 12:12 PM
SEV
I tried MD Live Wire Orange about 3 times.
I did not enjoy it. It did not have a nice orange flavor and I could barely finish a 2 ltr bottle.

I wrote in a previous thread that I thought MD was not serious when they tried to sell this swamp water. LOL

Zabe

Dewman1979
06-10-2005, 05:15 PM
I love the twisters. The orange is bold and very tasty. and the grape is the best grape soda out there. The strawberry is also very good.

Shatter
06-10-2005, 09:27 PM
I wonder if the new Twister soda will kill off Pepsi's Mirinda line? We've got that here in the Dallas area, since there's a large Hispanic population, but it hasn't sold too well at all. It's never been in cans, only bottles and 2-liters. I think I need to pick up some Pink Grapefruit Mirinda before it's gone.

Mr Zabe
06-10-2005, 09:47 PM
LOL
I have my grapefruit binges every once and a while. Chi Town does not have the Mirinda line that I know of. We have Canfields 50/50 and private label grapefruit soda pop.

YUM I drank alot of diet 50/50, about 4 years ago they stopped making it. :( :( It was very refreshing.

The Interpreter
06-10-2005, 10:49 PM
Grapefruit? Three words:

Wink
Squirt
Fresca

Happy, happy, happy!

Mr Zabe
06-11-2005, 12:13 AM
You are so right....I forgot...Fresca is great.
I like squirt too. Wink I have never heard of before, is it a priviate lable?

Hacksaw
06-11-2005, 11:38 AM
Wink is/was a Canada Dry product.

BottleBoss
06-13-2005, 08:40 AM
I've seen this stuff from Maryland all the way down to Southern West Virginia over the weekend. Have not tried it yet. Is it realy unique and worth trying?

Mr Zabe
06-13-2005, 08:45 AM
IMO..after trying a few bottles of TT orange, I am putting it on my B list of soda pops. It's not bad but it does not deserve to be on my A list.

If I was rather thirsty and TT was my only choice I would drink it. LOL Other wise no.

XLS_04
06-13-2005, 08:58 AM
There are three versions of Tropicana Twister Soda available here. They are Orange both regular and diet, Grape, and Strawberry. Have not tried them yet though.

Look In The Tunk
06-13-2005, 02:00 PM
I had a 20 oz bottle the week they came out and I liked it, and then I bought a 12 pack of cans last week, and I can't even finish a can. It's just not the same in a can.

Now I could finish a can of orange slice.

billygtexas
06-13-2005, 08:09 PM
The Diet Orange Twister is excellent if you love orange soda. I prefer it over Diet Sunkist because it doesnt have that nasty aftertaste. Also Twister doesnt have any caffeine (I dont see it listed anywhere in the ingredients). I just wish they had a diet grape Twister.

fusion
06-13-2005, 08:23 PM
Diet Grape soda seems to be quite rare. The only widely available one (at least on the east coast) is diet grape Sunpop, distributed in Ahold-owned stores.

Mr Zabe
06-13-2005, 08:26 PM
Faygo just launched a Diet Grape that was very impressive. I drank a 12 pack a few weeks ago.
I will buy some more next time I come across it.

pepsidew
06-25-2005, 11:24 PM
the twisters have been here for about a month, they are selling pretty good....i worry that people won't know what the hell they are because tropicana is so known for juices. i think the packaging on the twisters sucks too. imho

beagle72
07-06-2005, 09:10 AM
I just discovered this cool forum and had to pipe in on the Twister Soda topic.

Several years ago I gave up cold turkey an addiction to sugary sodas and so I only drink diet now. Problem is, I could never find an orange diet worth drinking. I fondly recall days of youth cracking open a cold Sunkist on a hot summer day.

When I saw the new Diet Orange Twister at the grocery store I gave it a try. Every other brand of diet orange has been a disappointment -- either too bitter, or lacking in orangey-ness.

I have to say, Diet Orange Twister rocks. Easily the best diet orange I've ever had. Finally -- that orange flavor I remember is back. They really got it right with this one. I've read the complaints here about the misleading Twister name, the juvenile packaging, etc. Yeah, yeah, all true, but this addict doesn't care. I'm buying lots more.

Kudos to someone somewhere for finally getting diet orange right!

-Aaron
www.bordella.com (http://www.bordella.com)

Hacksaw
07-07-2005, 05:00 PM
Tropicana Soda Grape is ok, Gray's still has the best grape soda IMHO.

I'll try the orange later on.

pepsidew
07-07-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by beagle72:
I just discovered this cool forum and had to pipe in on the Twister Soda topic.

Several years ago I gave up cold turkey an addiction to sugary sodas and so I only drink diet now. Problem is, I could never find an orange diet worth drinking. I fondly recall days of youth cracking open a cold Sunkist on a hot summer day.

When I saw the new Diet Orange Twister at the grocery store I gave it a try. Every other brand of diet orange has been a disappointment -- either too bitter, or lacking in orangey-ness.

I have to say, Diet Orange Twister rocks. Easily the best diet orange I've ever had. Finally -- that orange flavor I remember is back. They really got it right with this one. I've read the complaints here about the misleading Twister name, the juvenile packaging, etc. Yeah, yeah, all true, but this addict doesn't care. I'm buying lots more.

Kudos to someone somewhere for finally getting diet orange right!

-Aaron
www.bordella.com (http://www.bordella.com) is it better then diet orange slice? in your opinion

SuperAmmo
07-07-2005, 07:31 PM
Easily the best tasting diet orange soda I've ever had. May become my favorite diet soda because it tastes so sweet.

Hacksaw
07-09-2005, 04:23 PM
I'm not impressed with the Tropicana Orange or Strawberry. The grape is OK, but it is like a grape Sweet Tart(tm).

The best grape still is Gray's, the best Orange is either Baumeister or Fanta Euro Orange, and the best Strawberry is Fanta Strawberry.