PDA

View Full Version : Citra found!

Terry K
06-23-2003, 05:50 PM
We found Citra at store in Western PA with good sell by dates (Feb '04).

Who wants it?

[ 06-23-2003, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: Terry K ]

DietCokeEnthusiast
06-23-2003, 07:49 PM
How much!?

teamtitan512
06-23-2003, 09:56 PM
Citra is everywhere around Pittsburgh. It's the only citrus soda they have left (never rolled out Mello Yello, and discontinued Surge). I wonder when they switch to Fridge Packs if that will affect it. When Central switched to Fridge Packs, that was the end of Citra around here.

Tim Kelly
06-23-2003, 10:06 PM
Wow, I was in Philly a couple of weekends ago but didn't see it anywhere!

teamtitan512
06-23-2003, 10:45 PM
Philly Coke doesn't have it, only Fresca, which I guess you could consider the diet version of Citra (That, poor sales, and limited distribution prevented a diet version).

Citra is readily available from CCE and their Pittsburgh division. Fresca was rolled out in the CCE Eastern Great Lakes territory acquired from Herbco to replace Squirt, but Citra never made its way there. It may within the next few months I suspect.

karks88
06-23-2003, 11:44 PM
I am definitely going to have to take a roadtrip one of these weekends and get some sweet Citra. I have to limit myself to like 2 cans a week until I can get out west...

teamtitan512
06-24-2003, 01:58 AM
You'll at least have to go to Greensburg, and I'm not sure it's even available there (their bottling was Herbco before I believe, w/Pepper, Sunkist, and such. They never had a citrus, Squirt was RC there. Kinda weird. From Westmoreland County straight in on Rt. 30 will take you into Allegheny County, which is immediate Pittsburgh. You will definitely find it there at either Super Wal-Mart off 30 in North Versailles, or in a Giant Eagle anywhere up there.

Terry K
06-24-2003, 05:31 AM
Brian (the other half of the salute) found it in Erie at a BLOWOUT price.

He grabbed some of it and asked me to pass along he had it (contact me directly and I'll put you in touch with him)

Otherwise, You'll find it at a Giant Eagle or two there.

teamtitan512
06-24-2003, 05:46 PM
Martin's here (Giant in PA) is having a grand re-opening sale and running Fridge Packs for $1.88. I'll see if we have any obscure flavors. Sometimes some odd things reappear during these sales. I'd love to see some citrus expansion, like Citra, or the Mello Yello flavors come around, but here I go dreaming again....

fusion
06-27-2003, 09:41 PM
Geez, I go away for a week and Terry upstages me! smile.gif I found Citra with those same dates in Pittsburgh as well. Only saw it at one store that I stopped at, though.