PDA

View Full Version : Cheerwine not a cherry soda?

doulasc
01-16-2007, 10:08 PM
If cheerwine is not classified as a cherry soda
than what is it classified as?

Doug

fusion
01-16-2007, 11:07 PM
Cheerwine IS a cherry soda.

treetoptom
01-17-2007, 01:56 PM
How do you categorize Dr. Pepper or Moxie?

I agree with the BevNet assessment:

"It has a distinct cherry taste that is not heavy like other soft drinks. Cheerwine is not a cherry soda, though. We do not really know how exactly to categorize it, but it is definitely an "alternative" soft drink."

I would say it's flavor was different enough to categorize it with the Dr. Pepper's, Moxie's, Cel-Ray's and other "unique" sodas of the world. It certainly is not the same cherry soda taste you find (or used to find) with Canada Dry Wild Cherry, Cherry Crush, Almond Smash, Cherry Smash or other "red cherry" sodas nor does it taste like a Black Cherry soda. Cheerwine.com refers to the taste as "cherry different."

[ 01-17-2007, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: treetoptom ]

mofizz
01-17-2007, 02:13 PM
It's Cherry-freshing! Don't ya know?

Blue Efficacy
01-17-2007, 06:12 PM
Grr. I got some upsetting news today, I asked one of the Wis-pak bottlers that covers a large amount of my state today about Cheerwine, and they don't carry it anymore. I am very irritated.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
01-17-2007, 08:50 PM
which wis pak bottler??? if it is the one that i get cheerwine from, ill be very very angry!

Blue Efficacy
01-17-2007, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Rob The SURGE Drinker:
which wis pak bottler??? if it is the one that i get cheerwine from, ill be very very angry! Bernick. Covering saint cloud, duluth, willmar, and a small part of western WI.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
01-17-2007, 10:44 PM
ok good. if it was quincy, il, i would have been pretty mad.

EDIT: heh, 666th post...

[ 01-17-2007, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: Rob The SURGE Drinker ]

Mr Zabe
01-17-2007, 11:33 PM
Rob,
What a Devil of a post. LOL

BottleBoss
01-18-2007, 09:10 AM
Tastes like cherry to me. Either way, I like it.

guaranajunkie
01-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Cheerwine tastes best in those glass bottles with cane sugar, actually reminds me more of Dr. Pepper in those. Around here in one of the grocery stores they sell Cheerwine ice cream too, it's pretty good.

Dobroplayer
01-22-2007, 01:36 AM
I'm very interested in this thread right now because I have just discovered this incredible drink and am going nuts over it!

The company itself, on its web-site, comes right out and says its a cherry soft drink, with the mysterious "other flavors" mixed with it. Sort of like Dr Peppers mysterious "23 flavors" thing.

Here is what they say on the FAQ page...

"When did Cheerwine get its name?
In the early 1900s, soft drinks were often named for their appearance, hence the names root beer and ginger ale. Therefore, it made sense to name a burgundy-red, bubbly, cherry concoction - Cheerwine."To me, WHATEVER the other flavors are they are clearly minimal in compaison to the cherry.

When I drink it it tastes like CHERRY CHERRY CHERRY.

Mike

[ 01-22-2007, 12:40 AM: Message edited by: Dobroplayer ]

treetoptom
01-22-2007, 10:16 AM
No one will argue that Cheerwine has a cherry flavor to it. But if you classify Cheerwine as a cherry soda, I guess you would put Dr. Pepper (particularly the original formula) and especially Mr. Pibb in the cherry soda category also, since they have a distinct cherry flavoring as well.

fusion
01-25-2007, 06:42 PM
Pibb/Pepper are considered to be in the "spicy cherry" category.

BlUsKrEEm
01-26-2007, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Blue Efficacy:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Rob The SURGE Drinker:
which wis pak bottler??? if it is the one that i get cheerwine from, ill be very very angry! Bernick. Covering saint cloud, duluth, willmar, and a small part of western WI. </font>[/QUOTE]Huh, I just saw Cheerwine at Cubs in St Cloud, if it's not going to be sold here any more I should go and buy a few tomorrow.