PDA

View Full Version : Fresca (new label), plus new flavors!!

ravyn0211
05-25-2005, 07:11 PM
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Coca-Cola Co. (NYSE:KO - news) said on Wednesday it plans a makeover for its Fresca diet soft drink in the latest move to win over increasingly health-conscious, calorie-phobic consumers.

Beginning in September, cans and bottles of the citrus-flavored drink will feature a new, more contemporary logo and graphics. It is the first makeover Fresca's green and yellow packaging has had since 1996, according to Coke s****sman Scott Williamson.

Two new flavors -- Sparkling Peach Citrus Fresca and Sparkling Black Cherry Fresca -- will also hit grocery store shelves as part of the brand's revamp. The original Fresca's flavor will remain the same.

The move to update the 39-year-old Fresca brand comes as Atlanta-based Coke is rolling out a number of new diet drinks, including a version of Diet Coke sweetened with the popular sugar substitute Splenda and Coca-Cola Zero, a no-calorie cola meant to taste like Coca-Cola Classic.

One of the keys to the beverage giant's future is capturing more consumers who have moved away from sugary soft drinks to healthier, low- or no-calorie beverages, such as water and juices with reduced sugar.

"Fresca resonates with people who have sophisticated tastes and are unwilling to compromise on flavor or calories," Alison Lewis, Coca-Cola North America's vice president of Sprite and flavors, said in a statement.

Fresca's relaunch will be accompanied by a marketing campaign developed by Minneapolis-based advertising firm Campbell Mithun.

The campaign will emphasize the drink's sophistication, Coke said, and will say Fresca is "ideal for moments of perfectly relaxed pleasure."

Robot
05-25-2005, 07:26 PM
cant wait to try the new flavors

Mr Zabe
05-25-2005, 07:56 PM
Me too....I look forward to tasting the new flavors. Fresca came back about 2 years ago in the Chicago market. For a while I was buying a 12 pack per week.

Zabe

[ 05-25-2005, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Look In The Tunk
05-25-2005, 08:07 PM
I am too excited about this!

Maybe they'll finally start putting Fresca in 20 oz bottles now too.

[ 05-25-2005, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: TheConnieVandelayShow ]

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-25-2005, 10:41 PM
fresca is found sparsely in 20oz. i think this will make it a permanent fixture.

fusion
05-25-2005, 11:13 PM
Plenty of 20oz Fresca from Philadelphia Coke around where I live. I think CCE used to make it in Silver Spring, but it's been gone for a long time. I suspect this will bring it back into 20oz as well.

NewColaLover
05-26-2005, 12:35 AM
That peach sounds really good!!

BottleBoss
05-26-2005, 10:00 AM
Has anyone else noticed how line extensions are going wild here?

ramonazo
05-26-2005, 06:41 PM
Hi Guys!. I recommend you again that if you visit Mexico, you must try the new Fresca Toronja Roja, It has a good grapefruit flavor with a little spicy aftertaste. It's available also in Monster Can in some cities (453 ml)

http://www.merca20.com/mayo2005/imagenesnoticias/tomala.jpg

TOOOOMALA!!!

By the way, the new cans of Fresca U.S. in The Coca-Cola Company website, the graphs are awesome!

http://www2.coca-cola.com/presscenter/img/imagebrands/downloads/lg_fresca_cherry_can.jpg

[ 05-27-2005, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: ramonazo ]

Mr Zabe
05-26-2005, 06:50 PM
Oh my that is one sharp looking design. I'm so ready for the new Fresca to be rolled out in Chi Town. I can't wait to try the new flavors.

This could be a very Fresca summer. smile.gif
Thanks for the link, it made me thirsty for my 5pm
pop feeding. LOL

Zabe

[ 05-26-2005, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

jmur
05-27-2005, 03:27 AM
i am a fan of fresca once in a while. i love that they are coming out with new flavors, and i must say the 2 new ones sound extremely good....although i do like the new design they came up with, i dont think it fits fresca very well at all. fresca is supposed to be a light crisp refreshing drink, and i dont think the new label reflects that at all.

iowacity
09-18-2005, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by jmur:
although i do like the new design they came up with, i dont think it fits fresca very well at all. fresca is supposed to be a light crisp refreshing drink, and i dont think the new label reflects that at all. I think the new design fits Fresca quite well. I'm looking forward to seeing it in stores. Looking forward to trying the new flavors, too.

RunWithDaLilGuy
09-19-2005, 03:04 AM
it's shipping monday to all kroger and meijer stores, i assume walmarts as well, on monday here in michigan.

Mr Zabe
09-19-2005, 06:11 AM
When do you think at the store level(Meijer)we would see the new Fresca? I can't wait. TKS

RunWithDaLilGuy
09-19-2005, 08:37 AM
today, here in michigan.

robb
10-05-2005, 04:28 PM
I finally got to try the Peach flavor, and it was really, really good. It doesn't have that "I can drink a gallon of this in one sitting" taste of regular Fresca, but it also doesn't have that "one sip and I'm done" quality of other gimmicky flavors. I wrote a bit more on it on my site:

http://www.coke-babies.com/writing/peachfresca/peachfresca.html

Mr Zabe
10-05-2005, 04:31 PM
Very cool. I also enjoyed the new Peach Fressca.
Your description was very cool as only us soda pop freaks would understand what you meant. I understood so I must be a soda pop freak. smile.gif

Look In The Tunk
10-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Found the Peach Fresca at the local wal mart. Bottler code RM --Richmond, VA. They still had the old packging in fridgepack below it. I haven't had a chance to try it yet and I didn't see 20 oz.

MDCoke
10-05-2005, 11:05 PM
I tried both the Black Cherry and Peach flavors. Both are very good, but I favor the Peach best. There is still a "diet overtone", but very refershing and drinkable.

Softdrinker
10-21-2005, 10:17 AM
Fresca has been one of my handful of favorities since I was a kid in the 60's. I just tried the new grapefruit/black cherry Fresca and I think its very good. I like it a lot, but I still like the original better.

I'm very glad they arent replacing the original.

SD

Mr Zabe
11-04-2005, 01:34 PM
Peach Fresca progress report.

It had been a good two weeks since I had a can of Peach Fresca. I poured a can over a generous amount of ice. I must say, I was blown away. The peach taste is about as pure as it gets for a diet drink.

Peach Fresca just pleases my mouth so well. I encourage drinkers of citrus soda pop to pour Peach Fresca over some ice and see for yourself. Believe me it is satisfyingly nice.

[ 11-04-2005, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]