PDA

View Full Version : You win 1-liter Coke product

Wazupwiththis
05-26-2005, 05:54 PM
The grocery stores don't carry 1 liter coke products. Where might I find them?

Mr Zabe
05-26-2005, 06:09 PM
Here in the Chicago suburbs I too do not see 1 litters of Coke. BUT Just about all the places I get pizza, Italian,Chinese ect food delivered from have coke,diet coke and sprite in the 1 liter bottle.

I would check out the local delivery restaurants.
The average price is around in Chicago is $1.50 per bottle.

I'm ashamed to admit to this, there have been times I have not been hungry yet I will place an order just to have some cool 1 liter coke. I usually order a few bottles (3). I must have a drinking problem. LOL

Zabe

Wazupwiththis
05-26-2005, 06:12 PM
Thanks Zabe,
Good thought!!
Art

ramonazo
05-26-2005, 06:13 PM
When I went to Texas, I didn't see any 1 Liter Coke product, only in 1.5 liter.

fusion
05-26-2005, 09:21 PM
Any c-store should carry 1 liter Coke products. A restaurant or delivery service won't redeem a free one liter cap.

[ 05-26-2005, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

Wazupwiththis
05-26-2005, 11:23 PM
What's a c-store?

Mr Zabe
05-27-2005, 12:48 AM
I called Coke last year about prize caps.
They said that their customers by agreement with Coke will redeem winning caps for free products.
All other prizes will be redeemed by Coke.

Zabe

PS I'm sure a few businesses do not "play" fair and do not honor the cap promotion. I do see your point. smile.gif

jblaviback
05-27-2005, 01:07 AM
I think a c-store might mean convenience store, and this is true. Gas stations around here usually have the one liter bottles.

guaranajunkie
05-27-2005, 11:35 AM
I haven't seen a convenience store or gas station that sells 1 liter coke bottles in a long time. I know they have the pepsi 1 liters but the coke ones are definately hard to find

Look In The Tunk
05-27-2005, 01:48 PM
Sometimes Seven Eleven has coke in the 1 liter bottles (they're in the plastic hobbleskirt bottles as the 20 oz bottles)

They keep them all the way on the bottom so you can't see them someimes.

The King
05-29-2005, 08:01 AM
Out here in Southern California, I tried to redeem one of these caps at an AM/PM convience store, but they wouldn't honor them, even though they sold bottles *WITH* the very same caps!

I haven't really looked that hard for 1 liters, I just happened to be at the AM/PM, and had a cap with me and decided to try it.

fusion
05-30-2005, 12:24 AM
I'd be calling your local bottler and/or AM/PM customer service.

Wazupwiththis
05-31-2005, 10:55 AM
I've sent Coke Corporate 2 emails and have yet to receive an answer.

fusion
05-31-2005, 11:50 AM
Forget emailing. Call the 1-800 number you find on every can and bottle.

bigrich
05-31-2005, 12:05 PM
Stores do not have to redeem free caps. They should do it but they do not have to. Where I work we save the caps until we have a case worth and a Rep. will replace them with free product. If we have inventory we simply count the caps as inventory.

fusion
05-31-2005, 12:47 PM
I usually just take them to a c-store, because that seems to be the easiest route. If you take them to a grocery store or a store like Wal-Mart or Kmart, then the cashier has to keep it in their register all day, and i'm sure it is a pain to have to account for it, etc.

and bigrich is right -- they save them until you get a case's worth (24 20oz or 12 1 liter), and then the caps are swapped for a case. Either that, or in many places the bottler can just put the case as a credit on the bill.

Caps are a real PITA. I wish they'd just put a coupon for the free product behind the label -- they actually did that with one promotion. That way, the coupons are sent through the coupon processing center, and the bottler people don't have to worry about them at all.

Look In The Tunk
05-31-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by fusion:
Caps are a real PITA. I wish they'd just put a coupon for the free product behind the label -- they actually did that with one promotion. That way, the coupons are sent through the coupon processing center, and the bottler people don't have to worry about them at all. It seems to me that that would make more sense. I've never even reedemed a bottle cap, because come on its a lot easier to keep a label in your wallet/purse than a cap.

Hacksaw
05-31-2005, 03:36 PM
I've redeemed those caps. I didn't have any trouble, but I can see where someone could at some places.

I still have one of those free 6 pack/2 liter coupons from Coke without any expiration. I just wonder what kind of grief they will give me when I go to use it. I used one of them back in 1987 when Fanta was relaunched after a long lull in Southern California. But, the Circle K let me get a 6 pack of assorted 20 oz. :cool:

That was when they used a good amount of real sugar, too. smile.gif

drpep
05-31-2005, 09:45 PM
Peel the label off in NY State and you lose your deposit.

fusion
06-01-2005, 12:50 AM
Good point. The same most likely applies to other deposit states, so that's probably why they never ran that promo again.

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-02-2005, 11:38 AM
there aren't any label contests in michigan. all cap games. i worked at a party store when i was a kid, and i habitually turned the caps on every coke/pepsi bottle we got in. after the end of the summer, i neded up with over 6 cases of free 20oz pop, and about 5000 pepsi points, if you can remember those. so there is a good thing about deposits, eh?

drpep
06-02-2005, 11:44 AM
I dug through the garbage near our bottle return center everyday and collected tons of Pepsi points.

Look In The Tunk
06-02-2005, 01:52 PM
What were the big Pepsi Point prizes?

I vaugely remember that, but I never saved them.

fusion
06-02-2005, 11:25 PM
A Harrier jet.

http://www.snopes.com/business/deals/pepsijet.asp

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-03-2005, 12:13 AM
yeah. that was a great one

mostly tshirts

Wazupwiththis
07-23-2005, 03:58 PM
I emailed coke at:
dietcoke.support@na.ko.com
with the following email:

Subject: Diet Coke Feedback
Look under the cap - 1 in 12 WINS FREE DIET COKE
YOU WIN 1 LITER COKE PRODUCT
-----------------------------------------------
I've been to over a dozen supermarkets and mini-markets in both MA and RI. Nobody carries a 1 LITER COKE product.
How am I supposed to redeem my dozen caps?
=================================================
After several helpful emails they understood the problem. Today, I received coupons for 5 FREE 2 liter bottles of COKE products, my choice.
I guess that it does pay to communicate to them.
A

Mr Zabe
07-23-2005, 04:30 PM
I just sent my email to coke for all the winning caps that I have acumulated over the years that have not been redeemed. I wonder if Coke will send me enough coupons for 57 winning caps. LOL (Just a joke!!!!)

I did send an email for 10 caps that I won from getting 1 ltrs from a local pizza joint. I will let you know how it goes.