PDA

View Full Version : When oh when will Coke/Pepsi do Chocolate cola?!

Robot
02-14-2006, 03:00 AM
I used to love the chocolate flavor pouch that coke had out to mix in their 20oz Cokes.. it tasted amazing.

I love chocolate coke floats...

chocolate and cola just go so well together, why havent they done a Chocolate Coke or Chocolate Pepsi???

Mr Zabe
02-14-2006, 06:09 AM
My guess is that Coca Cola and Pepsi probably have a beta formula in their formula safe box. They are waiting for the third member of the soda pop oligopoly Dr Pepper CS to launch a chocolate cola soda pop. ;)

Chocolate cola monkey see, chocolate cola monkey do. :D

[ 02-14-2006, 05:13 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

ramonazo
02-14-2006, 11:47 AM
Please Coca-Cola, please Pepsi! hear the words of Jimmy!

CStoreCatMan
02-14-2006, 12:27 PM
Now we're asking for even more sugar? LOL

Robot
02-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Doesnt need to be more sugar.. adding cherry, vanilla, chocolate, etc, doesnt change the sugar content necessarily at all.

I believe those "flavor" packets that Coke had out to mix with their 20oz were sugar free actually... And that Chocolate flavor they already had developed was amazing with Coke; it was sad to see those packets gone.

Just add the flavor you already HAVE and developed to coke and release it!

jblaviback
02-14-2006, 07:36 PM
You know what would be good? Cherry Chocolate Coke!

Mr Zabe
02-14-2006, 08:37 PM
I'm a little cherried out for now.
How about Swiss Milk Chocolate Coco Coke? YUM

[ 02-14-2006, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Robot
02-14-2006, 11:59 PM
its gotta just be Chocolate Coke, just how they did vanilla coke but Chocolate... they have the flavor already done as anyone who tried their "flavor pack" to mix with 20oz of cokes can tell you.. and it was amazingly delicious..

i tried it on a whim as I had a long drive and figured it would be interesting, but wasnt expecting much or possibly crap.. and it turned out to be perfect.

bselig
02-15-2006, 05:55 AM
You know what would be good? Cherry Chocolate Coke! Think bigger... think line extensions.

Black Cherry Chocolate Coke
Cherry Black Chocolate Coke
Black Cherry Black Chocolate Coke Blak

CStoreCatMan
02-21-2006, 02:14 PM
LOL...that's probably how it will go down too!

doug1885
03-20-2006, 04:58 PM
If you like chocolate cola floats, try a chocolate Dr Pepper float. It's like one of those truffle-chocolates, in beverage form. Yum!
(Much better than a Dr Pepper float with vanilla
ice cream, I think.)

-Doug

DJ HawaiianShirt
03-20-2006, 05:03 PM
If they have this up their sleeves, I hope they wait a while. I think the public is fatigued of flavored colas.

DJHS

popologist
03-21-2006, 12:15 PM
that one sounds pretty good, actually.

and what about "white chocolate vanilla coke"? ;)

except... from my experience, most of coke's "vanilla" flavors all taste "artificial."

the trick is to make the whole experience taste "organic"... like they belong together.

i think that's why a lot of the "flavored" colas flop. they just taste too "forced."

also, maybe what coke could do is alternate it's flavored colas... so people don't get sick of them. make them seasonal. the die-hard fans could stock up if they wanted to. and casual sippers would just have something to look forward to every few months. smile.gif

Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
I'm a little cherried out for now.
How about Swiss Milk Chocolate Coco Coke? YUM

DJ HawaiianShirt
03-21-2006, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by popologist:

the trick is to make the whole experience taste "organic"... like they belong together.

Try Pepsi Vanilla... OH WAIT, it's discontinued. tongue.gif

DJHS

BottleBoss
03-21-2006, 07:01 PM
The gas station between the two bridges at harpers ferry still has vanilla and lemon pepsi. At least I think thats where I saw it last week.

Robot
03-21-2006, 07:06 PM
coke already has a chocolate formula cooked up that is amazing..

they had it in "flavor packets" that you'd pour into 20oz cokes a year or two ago..

i went through so many of those, they were so amazing.

PepsiDawg
03-21-2006, 10:45 PM
DJ Vanilla Pepsi has not been discontinued. More than likely your local bottler decided not to carry it anymore, like we did with Lime.

The Doomite
03-22-2006, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Jimmy O'Sullivan:
Doesnt need to be more sugar.. adding cherry, vanilla, chocolate, etc, doesnt change the sugar content necessarily at all.

I believe those "flavor" packets that Coke had out to mix with their 20oz were sugar free actually... And that Chocolate flavor they already had developed was amazing with Coke; it was sad to see those packets gone.
It's true, the flavor packs were sugar-free. I noticed that when the Sprite Remix flavor packs came out. This turned out to be a good thing, since I turned my girlfriend onto the chocolate flavor packs. She can't have too much sugar at one time, so she put the flavor pack into a bottle of Diet Coke, said she really liked the taste. I always just used regular Coke and Jimmy's right, it rocked! The Doomite Is Out! :eek: