PDA

View Full Version : Vault=Hype

jmyjunk
02-14-2006, 02:18 PM
I try to be as objective as possible on all new drinks from the Coca Cola company.

Vault finally hit Colorado with 20oz bottle of both regular, and zero.

Vault, has the initial smoothness of mellow yellow, but has a bit of a bitter bite. Which I did not care for.
Valut Zero, has a wicked (and in a bad way) bitter aftertaste.

I'll stick with Mountain Dew.

So to me the hype was missed placed.

greg
02-14-2006, 04:04 PM
I agree with you on the Vault Zero. I ahd one today and didn't finish it. I will hold off on the Hype though until I try the regular version.

Chad.
02-14-2006, 04:24 PM
being a surge geek i was kind of unimpressed with vault zero myself, but found it is best over ice, so hopefully it will be better in cans, when you can get it super cold.

as for regular vault, i enjoy it, the "surge" burps are the best.

Hollow Man
02-14-2006, 04:46 PM
Like any pop, take it out of the can or PET, put it in a chilled drinking glass, and taste the improvement.

The diet is definitely thinner and has a harsh finish. The overall taste is surprisingly close to regular VAULT though.

-HM

Mr Nethead
02-14-2006, 05:11 PM
I just bought 12 delicious bottles of Vault! I had been craving the stuff for months since I had bought some on eBay. I guess with the six bottles I bought last week (and consumed), that brings me up to 18 total.

I guess some people may not like Vault. But there's a pretty dedicated following out there. I hope we're enough to keep it around!

upinarms
02-14-2006, 07:08 PM
I like it, but I'm not much of a fan of 'those kind of drinks'. I'll probably have one every so often, but thats about it.

SURGE
02-14-2006, 10:11 PM
I respect your opinion but I would suggest that the title is a tad misleading you said it better yourself when you said "...to *me* the hype was missplaced". There are alot of people who have discovered that the hype is not unfairly placed. So good point but again the title seems a bit off from the argument you make.

DJ HawaiianShirt
02-14-2006, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Hollow Man:
The diet is definitely thinner and has a harsh finish.Who here wants to bet that BevNET rates Vault Zero higher than Vault?

SEV ;)

Hollow Man
02-15-2006, 05:08 PM
Oh, they will. After all, they said they like SURGE over VAULT, but they gave VAULT a higher rating ( a whopping 2 stars vs. 1). And I've never figured out why they gave diet BAWLS a better rating than regular.

There is little consistency to their rating system.

-HM

jmyjunk
02-15-2006, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by SURGE:
I respect your opinion but I would suggest that the title is a tad misleading you said it better yourself when you said "...to *me* the hype was missplaced". There are alot of people who have discovered that the hype is not unfairly placed. So good point but again the title seems a bit off from the argument you make. I appreciate your comment. I just want to counter that this is not a news board, but an opinion board. Titles are always going to be subjective, and people click on such a link to be a part of a lively debate.

smile.gif

[ 02-15-2006, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: jmyjunk ]

Doug
02-15-2006, 09:32 PM
It tastes a LOT like MDX IMO

golee1
02-15-2006, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Doug:
It tastes a LOT like MDX IMO Hell of a lot cheaper though!

Doug
02-15-2006, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by golee1:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Doug:
It tastes a LOT like MDX IMO Hell of a lot cheaper though! </font>[/QUOTE]that's for sure, we have the 20oz on sale now for 79

Mr Nethead
02-15-2006, 09:54 PM
I guess that's why some people say MDX tastes like Surge.

DJ HawaiianShirt
02-16-2006, 12:23 AM
C'mon, guys. MDX is way closer to dnL than Vault or Surge. For me, the lime in MDX screams, making it a much different experience.

SEV smile.gif

Doug
02-16-2006, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by SnappleElementsVenom:
C'mon, guys. MDX is way closer to dnL than Vault or Surge. For me, the lime in MDX screams, making it a much different experience.

SEV smile.gif I only tried dnL once, and I don't really remember the taste, but Vault does taste pretty damn close to MDX

Hollow Man
02-16-2006, 02:58 PM
I agree with SEV. MDX doesn't taste like VAULT. Of course I also still have cans of dnL, and I don't think MDX tastes like that either.

-HM

karks88
02-16-2006, 05:45 PM
Yeah, they are competing products but MDX and Vault aren't really that similar. They are citrus but it pretty much ends there smile.gif

PSOmasterX77
02-16-2006, 05:55 PM
Sugar Free MDX and Vault Zero tasted almost exactly the same to me. Both good for diet sodas, but they still sucked compared to the sugar versions.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
02-16-2006, 09:49 PM
i just compared dnl, vault, and mdx together and yes, mdx is more dnL than anything... here the vault will cost more than mdx once vaults inital sales are over, the reason being no one was buying mdx so they lowered the price to 99cents

Doug
02-17-2006, 12:39 AM
mdx, dnL and vault all taste similar, can we all agree on that much?

BottleBoss
02-17-2006, 08:49 AM
I don't care for it but if it makes the old Surge and 7 upsidedown drinkers happy then I hope it sticks around for their sake.