PDA

View Full Version : Boylans Sodas..... Very Good.

BottleBoss
06-27-2003, 01:45 PM
I don't hear too much about Boylans Sodas here on this board. They are everything you here people around here raving about though. Sweetened with Sugar, in glass bottles. The glass bottles have logos moulded into them with painted labels. Not those cheesey paper ones. Even the caps of the bottles have the flavor on it, not some generic cap. I stock Boylans in the Coke machine here in the autoshop in Frederick. The sodas taste great. I think more of you need to check them out! Their new Cola is really good to.

Ron Swedelson
06-27-2003, 03:17 PM
Yeah, Ill back you up on that. Boylans is a pretty good soda. Although I do not like all the flavors, a couple of them are nothing short of awsome. Great packaging too.

drpep
06-27-2003, 07:07 PM
Well I can not speak for Boylans because the only place I can find it is 1000 miles away in the Florida Keys. I have 3 bottles chilling in the fridge now.
Hey BottleBoss,you and maybe someone else hear mention stuff in Frederick, Maryland but you never give locations. I pass thru once or twice a year. Where is this autoshop? If its close to Rt 15 I would drop some coin in the vending machine next time thru.

Boris
06-27-2003, 09:10 PM
I too love boylans...Espcially the Cream Soda, I have ordered 15 bottles of the cream and 2 of the root beer. But at about a dollar a bottle just to ship. But you can't find a single bottle here in Virginia. I travel alot up and down 95. If you give the directions to that place, I will most likely buy every in the machine.

T.I.A.
06-28-2003, 06:01 PM
My restarant in Charlottesville, VA currently has(and has always had) Boylan's. Currently, we have:
Creme
Grape
Black Cherry
Birch Beer
Orange

Also, the Starbucks down the street has Ginger Ale.. and nothing else. I think I've also seen this in other Starbucks.

We have had horrible problems getting Boylan's. We used to get Root 66 and Boylan's from Portlock (I don't recall where they were located). We frequently had problems with them. They were consistently out of lots of product and often delivered old product. Not surprisingly, they went out of business. We currently get Boylan's from Fitzgerald Distributing and have been very pleased with their service. We not get Root 66 directly from the company here in CVille.

If anyone is in the Charlottesville area and wants Boylan's, drop me an e-mail.

Hacksaw
06-28-2003, 08:40 PM
I think Boylan's is the BEST overall line up of sodas around, bar none. Frostie has some good ones, and Fanta USED to have some good ones (like Red Cream Soda & the fabled Euro Fanta Orange I have yet to get)(hint, hint BIG Red), but Boylan's is top notch. Their Ginger Ale was the only flavor I didn't care for. The Orange is simply the best Orange you can get easily.

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-29-2003, 12:49 PM
i've been waiting for a boylan's topic to come up so i could ask if anyone knows a number for boylan's where i could find there dist. for michigan.

Boris
06-29-2003, 02:24 PM
I will have to disagree. Boylans has the 3rd best lineup for me... Yes they are good soda's and the cream is number 3 in list next to henry weinhards and AJ Stephans...

If your wondering about my other two favourite line ups they are

2:My Lineup of coarse (BNB Beverages)
1:AJ Stephans

Hey this would be a good topic...favourite drink and favourite lineup...

BottleBoss
06-30-2003, 09:17 AM
Dr.Pepperman, The Repair Shop is right off of Route 15. You can't actually find much in Frederick but I have been able to find all kinds of stuff in the outlying areas. A place calle Rio Grande Foods in D.C. imports Mexican Sodas, I guy down there called Shurfire Distributors sells Boylans and a few others. You usually have to buy by the case though. I generally place an order and send my wife down to pick it up. Shawn from Strangebrew even stopped by ounce and dropped off a bunch of stuff. I get things from all over. When you are coming down this way let me know and I will tell you what we have. I don't keep much in the Vendo Machine, most is in my basement, but I can bring it in for you. Let me know when you will be through this way and I will see what I can get for you. Also, Let me know what you can get for me! Thanks.

[ 06-30-2003, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: BottleBoss ]

Brian Rodenborn
07-01-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by BottleBoss:
I don't hear too much about Boylans Sodas here on this board. They carry some Boylans at Straub's Market in St. Louis (see link below). I tried a bottle of the red birch beer (99 cents a bottle). It was pretty good, I'd have preferred a more intense flavor and a bit less sweetness.

http://straubs.com/

A recent article in the paper (hope the link below comes out) talked about retro sodas, Straub's is mentioned prominently. Besides the Boylans, they have Cheerwine and a few different root beers, plus some of the Mexican Pepsis and such.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/lifestyle/stories.nsf/Life+%26+Style/21 D1A0330DC99FCF86256D4F006CBDD0 (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/lifestyle/stories.nsf/Life+%26+Style/21D1A0330DC99FCF86256D4F006CBDD0)

[ 07-01-2003, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Brian Rodenborn ]

Gary C
07-01-2003, 02:57 PM
Boylan sodas are available throughout New Jersey. I live within walking distance of their facility. I've seen their sodas outside of the NJ area in delis. The best luck I have in finding a large variety of flavors is in some of the bigger liquor stores, so you might want to check those out in your area.

The Food Network did a show last year that included a segment on Boylan Bottleworks. Perhaps they will run it again.

My favorites are Black Cherry, Creamy Red Birch, and Grape. I have not seen their new Cola, but I am anxious to try it.