PDA

View Full Version : Moxie

drpep
06-27-2003, 08:13 PM
I split a can of Moxie with 2 coworkers. I had tried some 2-3 years ago and remember the taste but I thought I give it another shot. One sip was all I could manage. My friend also could only handle one sip. The other guy drank it down in 3 sips then washed it away with a large glass of water. Cough syrup , bad rootbeer, creosote, and Massingall were what came to mind.

Boris
06-29-2003, 09:12 PM
What kind of Moxie? The Cola? If so, I havn't had that yet. I have had the Cream Soda and it was horrible.

KanKing
06-30-2003, 07:07 PM
I didn't like MOXIE either the first time I tried it. I purchased some from COST PLUS WORLD MARKET in Fairfax Virginia a short while ago and have come to like it fairly well. Only when it is cold though. When it is warm it tastes like TAR!

It's still not as good as SHASTA though. MMMMMmmmmmmm, Shasta!

Travel'n Jones
06-30-2003, 07:29 PM
Yep Gross

Like slurm it comes out of a giant slugs hinnie

boilermaker
07-08-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Travel'n Jones:
Yep Gross

Like slurm it comes out of a giant slugs hinnieHey, I resemble that remark :D !

Moxie is definately an aquired taste, toxic stuff. The orange cream is pretty good, with just a hint of tar.

Nostalgia
07-08-2003, 12:06 PM
isn't moxie the name of a tampon brand? Why in the Hell would ANYBODY want to consume a beverage named after a blood popsicle?

Shatter
07-09-2003, 01:06 AM
Moxie is one of those things you have to be raised on, you can't pick it up as an adult and just start liking it. You have to drink it when you're a kid, when you're more suggestible and your taste buds haven't fully developed.

Ron Swedelson
07-09-2003, 12:35 PM
OHHHH MOOOXXXIIEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love that brand. Not a great selling brand, but has always been one of my favorite to sell.