PDA

View Full Version : jones soda's cane sugar out next week

ichiro
01-19-2007, 03:36 AM
12 pack cans should be hitting the stores next week. Keep an eye out for announcements. And if you are an investor, the stock is rocketing. symbol jsda. :D

guaranajunkie
01-19-2007, 11:10 AM
Sounds good, I want to try

rackitup
01-19-2007, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by ichiro:
12 pack cans should be hitting the stores next week. Keep an eye out for announcements. And if you are an investor, the stock is rocketing. symbol jsda. :D Are they also going to have a mid calorie version and intentionally not mark it as mid calorie?

Will Target switch over the new SKU's?

ichiro
01-19-2007, 12:42 PM
don't know about the mid cal. All the cans will be pcs so i would say yes to the target q.

turbojames
01-19-2007, 07:08 PM
I thought the cans were still HFCS and the bottles are going to be changed to cane sugar?

[ 01-19-2007, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: turbojames ]

ichiro
01-22-2007, 03:45 AM
cans are going to pcs and bottles will be soon. Their whole line of products will be pcs by may or so.

SumPoosieCat
01-22-2007, 11:51 AM
Gee...if they can do it...why can't coke and pepsi??? Way to go Jones !!!!!!!!!

Zap
02-07-2007, 02:48 PM
I had high hopes when I went to Target last night, but sadly there were no packages that listed anything but HFCS. Are they going to be prominently marked, or just quietly change the label? I even looked through the grab handle and rotated a few cans, but all the cans also say HFCS.

I was bummed, since I thought for sure that they would have something new by now, even if they didn't have the cream soda I wanted. Has anyone actually spotted the new stuff yet?

Does anyone else sell the cans, or still just Target? I suppose I could check a different store, but it seems unlikely that it would be any different.

[ 02-07-2007, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: Zap ]

Blue Efficacy
02-07-2007, 03:15 PM
The exclusivity deal for target and Jones cans is supposed to expire quite soon.

mjb1124
02-07-2007, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by SumPoosieCat:
Gee...if they can do it...why can't coke and pepsi??? Way to go Jones !!!!!!!!! I know Pepsi is supposed to be coming out with "Pepsi Natural" and "Sierra Mist Essence" soon. I don't know if Coke has any such plans.

ichiro
02-07-2007, 10:22 PM
Jones pcs cans should be out very soon. Bottles were to follow and all jones products will be switched over in summer.

Target had been the exclusive retailer of the jones cans but that contract expired. Target will continue to carry the jones cans and bottles but they will no longer have the exclusive on this as Jones will announce on their quarter conference call all the new retailers they have signed on.

Whispers have been walmart, krogers,costco, etc etc...Only way to know for sure will be to either see the products in the store or wait till the march cc. Someone has posted and said they tried the pcs rootbeeer in a bottle at a starbucks and said it kicked butt...so it may be allready in some or all starbucks...all is good, just a matter of days...I can't wait myself.

Mr Zabe
02-08-2007, 12:17 AM
My local Super Value (Jewel Foods) now has 5 flavors of Jones in the 4 pk bottles. Last Saturday I spent a few minutes looking at their facings. The flavors appeared to be the routine flavors of the Big Three. Being that I do not buy nor drink Jones I can't remeber all the flavors. They were priced?? around $3.85 a 4pk.

I'm not 100% sure but I recall that they were sweetend with sugar cain???

[ 02-07-2007, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Ron Swedelson
02-08-2007, 11:31 AM
Thats the speculation. If National Beverage is going to bring the Jones cans into these massive retailers, that will be a huge addition to Jones overall product numbers, and profits. There may not be big margin on the products, but a ton of it would be expected to move. Very interesting to follow. Ill have to wait untill I see the PCS in glass. Drinking Jones from a can (not an engery drink) just doesnt seem right to me.

Zap
02-10-2007, 03:37 PM
Well, I'm glad to see a bunch of updates on this topic. I can't wait to try any of the flavors, but I really like the cream soda. Though I was under the impression that the bottles would come a bit later (toward May). Is this an expected all HFCS stock will be cleared out date if people are already seeing them now?

As for the Pepsi Natural thing - I'll believe it when I see it. The nationwide Dr. Pepper with cane sugar thing apparently got the axe again last year, since it never happened.

Zap
02-18-2007, 11:31 PM
UPDATE!! smile.gif

Had to take a trip back to the store, so I decided to look again. Pick 'n Save's 50% off sale on Jones has done well, so well that they now had some new and some old product on the shelves. I'm hoping to score quite a bit more before the sale ends on Wed. given the price of $2 for a 4 pack. Hopefully there will be more stock by then.

We scored a pack each of the new Pure Cane M.F. Grape and Pure Cane Cherry to try. Trying the grape now, it tastes quite good. The flavor is very bright, and definitely has that real sugar taste. I haven't had this before, so I can't comment on the difference. However, when we find the Cream Soda or the Strawberry Lime, then a true old vs new can be had.

Mr Zabe
02-19-2007, 01:20 AM
I double checked my local grocery store. The Jones was NOT the new sugar variety.

ichiro
02-20-2007, 02:37 AM
cool zap...it should be appearing in more stores soon...waiting for it to hit the shelves in my hood. Should be any day now. Hope to find it in grape and cherry here as i think those are 2 of their killer flavors. :D

SumPoosieCat
02-20-2007, 11:09 AM
I am very happy to see Jones make the switch... now if only we can get the big guys to do the same and make their own product better.

Mr Zabe
02-20-2007, 11:27 AM
SPC
Gosh....I would love to savor a sugar cain Coke.
Glass Coke with sugar cain is the ultimate supreme soda pop. smile.gif

Zap
02-20-2007, 05:59 PM
As the sale time is running out (Wed is the last day) the store now has Strawberry Lime, Blue Bubble Gum, and Root Beer (snagged the last one!) We haven't tried any of the recently acquired three yet, though the Cherry was excellent (so we've had that and the grape). I'm confused as to why only the Cherry has caffeine though?

So I've gotten most of the flavors I want, and on sale to boot! However, the elusive Cream Soda is still at large.. there was one original HFCS pack left. I'd probably buy at least four packs if I could find it! LOL

UPDATE: OK, the Strawberry Lime is excellent... probably one of my favorites of the entire lineup.

[ 02-20-2007, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: Zap ]

ichiro
02-23-2007, 08:09 PM
Just picked up some today...green apple,cream soda, berry lemonade and strawberry lime were in cans. ...The green apple rocks!...great product.Go Jones!...price was 3.99 a 12 pack.

Mr Zabe
03-03-2007, 01:03 PM
My local SuperValu (Jewel) now has the new Jones cane sugar cans fridge packs. They are selling for $3.95.

They had Green Apple,Cream Soda,Strawberry Lime,Berry Lemonaid.
There was sugar free Cream Soda,Green Apple and Berry Lemonaid.

I picked up a fridge pack of Strawberry Lime. I will taste and tell later. LOL

Mr Zabe
03-03-2007, 02:09 PM
I just drank a can of Jones Strawberry Lime. It was good. I look forward to drinking a can over crushed Ice as it was a bit over barreling sweet. It was smooth and the strawberry lime flavor was right on the money. IMO it tasted like a real sweet smarty candy. LOL

I'm looking forward to trying the cream soda and the lemonade.:)

Mr Zabe
03-04-2007, 02:57 PM
All I can say is that I just enjoyed a tall glass of Jones Strawberry Lime poured over wet crushed ice, what a wonderful smooth sweet taste!!!!
What an awesome taste. I can't wait to try the other flavors.

I'm blown away. LOLOL Oh so good!!!!!!

ichiro
03-13-2007, 10:14 PM
krogers,walmarts, etcetc, pcs is da bomb,the green apple rocks, and like i said on the 1st post...the stock price has just exploded up. This company has it going on! Pick some of the pcs up and see for yourself.

David J.
03-14-2007, 04:52 PM
Odd, I bought a few 12-packs of Jones at the Target that opened on the 11th of this month in my area, and it says HFCS on the back of the can.

Mr Zabe
03-14-2007, 07:07 PM
David,
The new fridge packs have Cane Sugar written on the long sides of the fridge pack.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
03-14-2007, 07:58 PM
i went to target today, and all cans were still HFCS, and all but one flavor of the bottles was HFCS. I did get a 4-pak of berry lemonade PCS. Its chilling now, and a review will come later.

ichiro
03-14-2007, 09:00 PM
target and a few other retailers are still working off their inventory of hfcs. Like mentioned by the zman, pcs is printed on the 12packs.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
03-14-2007, 09:10 PM
Yeah. On my 4pak of bottles, where it used to just say Jones Soda, it now says Jones Pure Cane Soda. It looks like they are really making an emphisis on this, and not hiding it. im still waiting for them to become icy cold, so i can thourghly enjoy them!

Rob The SURGE Drinker
03-15-2007, 12:16 AM
Alright, i tried one of the Berry Lemonade PCS Jones soda's. The soda's flavor starts out as a basic lemonade and transitions into a berry flavor. nothing really special about the flavor, its not Bad but its not the best soda either, In my opinion. But! the thing i noticed and loved about it, is the definite differance between it and a HFCS soda. It was very crisp, and had virtually no 'stickyness' in the aftertaste, and left me refreshed, and not wanting another soda, unlike what some HFCS sodas do. I cant wait to find the other flavors in PCS.

zajacste
03-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Anyone know when exactly they switched over to using cane sugar in bottles? A bottle of Strawberry Lime soda with HFCS I got today had the code DB6308 0225 CT516 WV1c on it. I am assuming that the 0225 means that it was manufactured on February 25th. Does anyone have a Pure Cane Soda bottle they can check the date code on?

By the way, I am located in Lansing, MI.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
03-30-2007, 06:06 PM
from my jones PCS fufu berry: AMB 7018 03:00 CT823 WV1c

Mr Zabe
03-30-2007, 07:25 PM
Anyone know when exactly they switched over to using cane sugar in bottles? A bottle of Strawberry Lime soda with HFCS I got today had the code DB6308 0225 CT516 WV1c on it. I am assuming that the 0225 means that it was manufactured on February 25th. Does anyone have a Pure Cane Soda bottle they can check the date code on?

By the way, I am located in Lansing, MI.

The date of birth is 2006 on the 308th day.

zajacste
03-30-2007, 07:35 PM
Thats interesting, I found a bottle of Cherry Soda with a very similar code to that, but it was still made with HFCS. I must be getting close.

It looks like they switch between using date codes and time codes on their bottles. One i found even said 2002 on it. I really hope this doesn't mean it was made 5 years ago...

zajacste
03-30-2007, 07:55 PM
The date of birth is 2006 on the 308th day.

Thanks for the tip, that makes sense. What does AMB mean though?

fusion
04-23-2007, 08:49 PM
Found 8 pack fridgepacks at Wal-Mart today - $2.77. They were packed three to a case - and the side of the case said something to the effect of "corn belongs in cars, not in sode."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/garya/jonesgreenfridge.jpg

fusion
04-23-2007, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the tip, that makes sense. What does AMB mean though?

That identifies the plant the product was produced at. Jones doesn't produce anything, they have other companies who produce it for them. The 8 pack I bought was produced at plant BA, which I assume is Baltimore, MD (a National Beverages plant.. anyone know where their other plants are?)

Date code was 7097, which was April 7th.

Soda-MN-Good
04-23-2007, 10:44 PM
I've just listed today Jones pure cane soda in Green Apple, Strawberry Lime, Root Beer, Cream Soda, M.F. Grape and Berry Lemonade.

Enjoy!!

halloaaryn
04-24-2007, 06:45 AM
the Lemon Drop soda is *AWESOME*

ichiro
04-24-2007, 10:59 AM
I have handed numerous out to adults who have loved it and told me it was so good they are buying it. I believe this a flavor that could be huge world wide for eternity. Nothing else like it. Try it one time, you will not believe how good it is. No bs.

Ron Swedelson
04-24-2007, 05:08 PM
I will have to pick up some Root Beer soon. I always loved a Jones Root Beer float. I don't know about the other flavors, just not into the sweet sodas anymore, but nothing beats a good cold Jones RB.

ichiro
04-26-2007, 04:05 AM
hey Ron, you old timer!How is life treating you these days?

amyers
04-26-2007, 05:44 PM
So, the product tastes better now with Pure Cane? I saw it at Target and Kroger this past week.

ichiro
04-26-2007, 10:22 PM
In my opinion the pcs is much better. If you locate the lemon drop ,try it . It is very good. In fact Jacks mom who posts here occasionaly, thought it was awesome as well. I am anxious to try the pcs blueberry pomegrante. That sounds pretty good.

BottleBoss
05-01-2007, 09:24 AM
Now I am not a huge Jones fan, but I will admit that their soda does seem to taste a lot better now that it is sweetened with sugar. I tried the Kiwi and the Berry Lemonade last night. Both tasted pretty good now. This was the right move for them.