PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Gatorade flavors - present and past

Pink Jazz Strawberry Kiwi Gatorade
06-01-2005, 02:16 AM
What are your favorite Gatorade flavors from their U.S. flavor lineup from the present and past

Current flavors:
</font> Lemon-Lime (Yellow)</font> Fruit Punch (Red)</font> Orange (Orange)</font> Citrus Cooler (Yellow-orange)</font> Strawberry Kiwi (Pink)</font> Cool Blue (Blue)</font> Berry Citrus (Red)</font> Watermelon Ice (Clear)</font> All-Stars Berry (Blue)</font> All-Stars Strawberry (Red)</font> All-Stars Ice Punch (Clear)</font> All-Stars Tropical Punch (Orange)</font> All-Stars Pink Lemonade (Pink)</font> All-Stars Grape (Purple)</font> All-Stars Lemon Lime (Yellow)</font> Fierce Strawberry (Pink)</font> Fierce Melon (Orange)</font> Fierce Berry (Red)</font> Fierce Grape (Blue-violet)</font> Frost Glacier Freeze (Light Blue)</font> Frost Riptide Rush (Purple)</font> Frost Cascade Crash (Blue)</font> Lemonade (Yellow)</font> Raspberry Lemonade (Pink)</font> Strawberry Lemonade (Pink)</font> X-Factor Lemon-Lime + Strawberry (Yellow)</font> X-Factor Fruit Punch + Berry (Red)</font> X-Factor Orange + Tropical Fruit (Orange)</font> Xtremo Mango Electrico (Orange)</font> Xtremo Tropical Intenso (Red)</font>
Past flavors:
</font> Lemon Iced Tea (Brown)</font> Frost Alpine Snow (White)</font> Fierce Lime (Green)</font> Passion Fruit (Pink)</font> Starfruit (Light Green)</font> Frost High Tide (???)</font> Lemon Ice (Clear)</font> Lime Ice (Clear)</font> Strawberry Ice (Clear)</font> Orange Ice (Clear)</font> Xtremo Citrico Vibrante (Yellow)</font>
From the current flavor lineup, my favorite is Strawberry Kiwi (Pink).

I am not totally sure about past flavors.

guaranajunkie
06-01-2005, 10:18 AM
I like all those Xfactor flavors but man I didn't know they got rid of frost flavors, I loved those, and strawberry ice was great too.

Look In The Tunk
06-01-2005, 05:40 PM
I still miss Lemon Ice.

Darren
06-01-2005, 06:14 PM
My store still carries Strawberry Ice. I've never seen Strawberry Lemonade...

Darren
06-01-2005, 06:19 PM
I forgot to mention that I love Fierce Grape, Lemon Lime and I accidentally got Berry Citrus one day instead of Fruit Punch and I love it! Berry Citrus may be my favorite, it goes down nice and smooth, not slimy like some Gatorade.

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-02-2005, 11:41 AM
i liked mike's favorite flavor - citrus cooler baby!

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-02-2005, 11:50 PM
I always liked Lemon Ice.

And I recently tried Fierce Grape and loved it.

yankees26mlb
06-03-2005, 02:25 AM
gatorade is too watery

Mr Zabe
06-03-2005, 07:28 AM
"Watery" was a key quality when Gatorade was first engineered. A drink with water/fluid replacing qualities that when drank had flavor yet was easy to drink during physical actives.

Have you ever notice that when you start drinking a 20oz or a 32oz bottle of Gatorade, it's hard to only drink part of the bottle?

Zabe

06-03-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Darren:
My store still carries Strawberry Ice. I've never seen Strawberry Lemonade... Strawberry Ice was discontinued a few months ago, so your store still may have remaining stock.

Strawberry Lemonade is only available in 64 ounce sizes.

Mr Zabe
06-03-2005, 02:38 PM
I have not seen Strawberry Lemonade.

I have seen Raspberry Lemonade which is currently my favorite. It has the perfect mix of sweetness and tangyness. LOL

[ 06-03-2005, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

OSpencerO
06-03-2005, 03:30 PM
New: Watermelon Ice

Old: Lemon or Lime Ice (tie)

The clear Gatorades taste better to me.

Spencer

MLCBevGal
06-15-2005, 09:04 PM
I think Strawberry Lemonade is only at Wal-Mart -- or at least that's the only place I've seen it. My new favorite is Cool Blue (which looked sort of "kiddy" to me, but I finally tried it). Has anyone tried Gatorade's water -- Propel? For those Lemon Ice fans -- maybe Lemon Propel would be an option. I think it's nice and crisp tasting.

Mr Zabe
06-15-2005, 09:09 PM
I just tried Fierce Grape over the weekend.
I too have been wanting to try a dark blue colored Gatorade. LOL You know I have my favorites (Lemon Lime,Orange,Raspberry Lemonade)
but I have never not like a Gatorade I have tried.LOL

Grape was just awesome!!!! Mellow and refreshing all with a nice grape taste. I drank an 8 pack and it was the bomb. LOL

iluvsurge220
06-16-2005, 02:46 AM
I'm still tryin to figure out the name of the gatorade that was black colored, and it was sold only in the mid to late 90's. I'm almost positive it was named midnight ________. I've been thinking and thinking and its driving me crazy that I can't figure it out. Someone please help me!! My favorite flavors were that one, grape, all the frosts, and cool blue. Melon is good too. Oh, by the way, they have strawberry lemonade in 32 oz, and in 20 oz. i'm pretty sure.

MLCBevGal
06-16-2005, 02:18 PM
I think the name of the black one was Midnight Thunder. It used to be in those old Gatorade sport top bottles (before the more sophisticated EDGE bottle). Do they have a history on their website? I remember Midnight Thunder was good, but I'm sure people had trouble figuring out what the heck a black Gatorade tasted like and it never was a "hit".

Mr Zabe
06-16-2005, 03:15 PM
Excellent point. Many times I would see a bottle of Gatorade and not try it as I could not tell what the flavor was. I love trying new flavors but I do not select new ones by color. LOL

06-16-2005, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by MLCBevGal:
I think the name of the black one was Midnight Thunder. It used to be in those old Gatorade sport top bottles (before the more sophisticated EDGE bottle). Do they have a history on their website? I remember Midnight Thunder was good, but I'm sure people had trouble figuring out what the heck a black Gatorade tasted like and it never was a "hit". Which is probably why most of the Gatorade Ices (clear) failed.

Why did Passion Fruit (Pink) and Starfruit (Light Green) fail? They were introduced in 2001 and pulled in 2003. I remember they had silver labels when they were first released. I don't think color had anything to do with poor sales in this case.

Strawberry Kiwi, Fierce Strawberry, All Stars Pink Lemonade, and Strawberry/Raspberry Lemonade are pink as well. The pink color of the Passion Fruit Gatorade was somewhat similar to Fierce Strawberry, but lighter. Starfruit's light green color was somewhat unusual, but not very unnatractive IMO.

If anyone has a reason why those flavors flopped, please tell me.

MLCBevGal
06-16-2005, 11:52 PM
I think Passion Fruit and Starfruit were before "their time". While I know what these fruits are, the flavors are not familiar to the average American. They could be Xtremo flavors today.

I think the Frost flavors work because of their imagery -- and I think the Frost commercials resonated with people back when the subline launched. Now the flavors are just part of the average Gatorade drinker's rotation. I guess what I'm saying is that flavor success hinges on flavor and flavor name. Anyway, I don't think there is a lot of runway left with flavor prolifiration . . . Gatorade could benefit from some "new" thing -- packaging, innovation, something. Any thoughts?

iluvsurge220
06-17-2005, 05:16 PM
Thanks for coming up with that. Now I am finally able to remember. Thanks so much. I also thought a black gatorade was odd, but I'm the kind of person who will try anything, so I tried it and I loved it. I wish they would start making it again. I looked on the gatorade website and I couldn't find anything about it.

06-19-2005, 04:42 PM
I would like to see more products in each family (except All Stars) without them being discontinued.

In the past discontinued flavors, I actually liked the Passion Fruit Gatorade, although I am not sure if it was my favorite. IMO it maybe should be brought back.

The Passion Fruit flavor should perhaps also be extended into the X-Factor family, creating a new Pink Blast gatorade: Strawberry Kiwi + Passion Fruit.

Fierce Lime should also be brought back. I personally want to see more Fierce flavors, such as Fierce Blackberry and Fierce Blueberry.

With only two flavors of Xtremo currently in production, that line should get an expansion. Perhaps a Pineapple, Coconut, or Pina Colada Gatorade would work in the Xtremo family.

In the Frost family, only three products are currently made. Plus, TWO OF THEM ARE BLUE IN COLOR! I would like to see a red-colored Gatorade frost, or maybe a green-colored one.

Mr Zabe
06-19-2005, 05:02 PM
Is there cherry flavored Gatorade?
I would like a bright red colored cherry Gatorade with a brilliant full flavored taste. Sort of like fruit punch.