PDA

View Full Version : For all the Surge lovers out there

Doug
02-17-2006, 12:46 AM
I just wanted to get your opinion on what you think of Vault and how it compares with Surge...better, worse...?

iluvsurge220
02-17-2006, 01:57 AM
I love vault but as you can tell by my name, I love surge more. That's just my opinion. I think that surge had a different taste than vault and I like it better. Both are great though.

Hollow Man
02-17-2006, 11:04 AM
They're very, very close. SURGE is perhaps a bit smoother to drink, but the average person would be hard pressed to tell the difference unless they were put side-by-side and told to really concentrate on it.

I consider it a tweaking of the formula rather than a different beverage. There's probably as much difference between VAULT and 2nd generation SURGE as there is between 1st and 2nd generation SURGE.

-HM

AzRocks
02-17-2006, 11:48 AM
Vault to Surge is like Sprite to Siera Mist-
same overall flavor but defitleu could tell the difference between them

DJ HawaiianShirt
02-17-2006, 03:02 PM
I think HM has hit the nail on the head.

SEV smile.gif

Hollow Man
02-17-2006, 03:08 PM
I just did a taste-test comparison between the two last night (I have some SURGE hidden away I bought in 2004), so I'm personally confident with my findings.

I think the extra heaviness of VAULT comes from the "stuff" they had to add in (artificial flavoring, more sugar) to offset the bitterness of the extra caffeine.

But for me the difference is really subtle. When I tried the SURGE last night, my first impression was, "This tastes like VAULT." After guzzling some of it and VAULT< I moved on to dnL, Sun Drop, and MDX, and none of those taste anything remotely like SURGE and VAULT. It's pretty clear to me that Coke, inadvertantly or not, stayed away from cloning its competitors and ended up with yet another tweak of SURGE.

-HM

Mr Zabe
02-17-2006, 03:35 PM
2 year old Surge? Gee that's a real old bevey.
I wounder if the flavor was true to when it was fresh?

Hollow Man
02-17-2006, 03:38 PM
I bought it in 2004 but it expired in October of 2001. The can I just had tasted quite fresh, and in fact better than some of the ones that I had from this lot back in 2004. Its carbonation levels were about equal with VAULT.

-HM

Phrank7
02-17-2006, 03:44 PM
i just found vault at my local grocery store for 2 for a dollar and bought two of them. I cant drink them yet do to watching weight for wrestling but i cant wait to try them. I just love the taste of surge but to me surge tasted like kick. does anybody remember kick.

Mr Zabe
02-17-2006, 03:45 PM
I'm impressed. I'm not as brave as you are. smile.gif

Hollow Man
02-17-2006, 03:56 PM
Soda in a can, like Twinkies, will last through another age of Dinosaurs. Nothing to be afraid of.

-HM

Mr Nethead
02-17-2006, 06:58 PM
I was at work once and I pulled a can of 7-Up out of the fridge. I was drinking it and I thought, "this tastes a little old." Then I looked at the can and it was from 1999! This happened a couple months ago. It actually didn't taste that bad, just a little off. I guess someone must've found an old 12 pack in a storage room.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
02-18-2006, 05:14 PM
i was once at the bus station and some guy was drinking a diet pepsi with a logo that looked like one from the early 90's not too long ago

karks88
02-18-2006, 11:50 PM
I also had some 5 year old SURGE this week and did a head to head review (http://www.vaultkicks.org/news_archive.php?subaction=showfull&id=1140150698&archive=&start_from=&ucat=4&) . The SURGE was obviously a little stale but to me the Vault taste was dead on with fresh SURGE! The SURGE aftertaste is a little smoother but other than that I could barely notice a difference.