PDA

View Full Version : Caffeine or Sugar First Buzz

Mr Zabe
02-17-2006, 07:55 AM
A question that I have been wondering about?

When I wake up in the morning and drink a 12oz can of Mountain Dew (any sugar caffeinated soda pop) and the first rush/buzz of stimulation happens (with in 30 seconds or so); is that due to the sugar or caffeine metabolizing in my system?

This morning, I drank a can of Mountain Dew which gave me a real nice head buzz. I would give it a 6.5 out of 10 on the Buzz scale. :cool:

[ 02-17-2006, 06:56 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

DJ HawaiianShirt
02-17-2006, 03:52 PM
No, none of that has to do with what you're drinking.

Regardless of what most people think, caffeine takes as least 30 minutes to reach the proper chemical pathways, and it usually takes longer than that.

Sugar takes less time I believe, but 30 seconds? No way.

So it must be your imagination completely. However, if it seems like it works, keep doing it, because any sure-fire way to wake up quickly in the morning is worth its weight in gold.

SEV smile.gif

fusion
02-18-2006, 11:45 PM
I'd say the cold soda going down your throat and hitting your stomach is the jolt you're getting.

greg
02-21-2006, 01:39 PM
My .02 is the carbonation that creates the buzz like feeling. Once the carbonation hits your stomach it starts all sorts of chemical reactions in your body to start processing the fluid/food it is recieving. Your metabolic pathways are triggered and create a slight rise in Body temp thereby the buzz feeling. Furthermore, the caffeine, if in high enough doses and you metabolism is "fast" enough can trigger a buzz in about 3-5 minutes.

Mr Zabe
02-21-2006, 01:50 PM
Wow,that's very interesting. smile.gif