PDA

View Full Version : What is The Region Deal (Consolidated)?

Boris
06-29-2003, 08:50 PM
I am still fuzzy with regions. Could someone slap me in the face with the areas and who is there and what their name is? Please.

fusion
06-29-2003, 09:07 PM
Do you mean Coke Consolidated? They control most of North and South Carolina, but they also have territory in West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Virginia, and Georgia. They're the #2 bottler of Coke products in the US behind CCE.

They always seem to get new products first.. Dasani, Fridge Packs, Minute Maid Lights, Mello Yello flavors, etc.

Coke Consolidated Territory Map (http://www.cokeconsolidated.com/map.html)

CCE Territory Map (http://www.cokecce.com/srclib/1.4.html)

You can really notice the big hole in the southeast. Part of that hole is Consolidated, part is Coke United, part is Coke Central, and the rest is small indies. The large hole out west is mostly Swire, and in the northeast it's Coca-Cola Northern New England.. the smaller holes in Pennsylvania are Philadelpha Coke and Abarta. Abarta also controls Cleveland and Buffalo.

Not sure about the Canadian ones, except that the pennant-looking hole in the west is Red Deer Bottling.

teamtitan512
06-30-2003, 01:55 AM
Greene County is all in PA Consolidated has. They have all of WV except the Panhandle and Marion County in Fairmont, which is all Central Coke. Virginia they have everything south of Roanoke, and everything on the NC border. The Northeast part is CCE Mid-Atlantic, and the Northwest part is Central Coke down I-81 until Roanoke. Charlottesville I'm not sure what it is, could be Central or CCE. Norfolk/Virginia Beach I can't think of what it is either, I think it's Consolidated though.

fusion
06-30-2003, 07:04 PM
Charlottesville is Central. Norfolk/VA Beach is CCE.

SamC
06-30-2003, 10:07 PM
The only places I really can't pin down, using the various maps and such are the non-CCE area in Minnestota and the upper Midwest; Alaska; the non-CCE parts of Missouri and Oklahoma; and the non-CCE parts of Canada, other than Red Deer.

Also, if you look closely at the CCE map, one Hawaiian island, Maui, is not colored in, but the rest are. That seems odd.

It also seems odd that CCE doesn't have Canada's territories. Who does? The sparce population wouldn't seem enough to support a traditional distribution system seperate from CCE's.

Central Coke's website is just one page, pretty much a place holder, worthless. Philly has a map, and Swire lists the states it does business in, so you can dope out their territories from the CCE map. Abarta has a good website, but no map. United has no website I can find.

Terry K
07-01-2003, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by SamC:
The only places I really can't pin down, using the various maps and such are the non-CCE area in Minnestota and the upper Midwest; Alaska; the non-CCE parts of Missouri and Oklahoma; and the non-CCE parts of Canada, other than Red Deer.

Missouri? Southern MO is Ozarks Coke/DP, northern MO is Trenton Coke, mid-mo is Jefferson City Coke.

Oklahoma? Great Plains Coca-Cola and a number of indies.

SamC
07-12-2003, 03:56 PM
Found this out:

CCE (Coca-Cola Enterprises), based in Atlanta, is about 38% owned by Coca-Cola itself. It is considered a "flagship bottler", which is a Coke term for bottler it owns a major share of that is the primary bottler in a region. It also controls the UK, France and the low countries. Its a NY stock listed as CCE.

Other "flagship bottlers" around the world include Swire (China); Coca-Cola Amatil (Australia and Pacific); Coca-Cola Helenic (Southern & Eastern Europe); Coca-Cola unpronounceable (Germany and western Europe); and Coca-Cola FEMSA (Latin America). Coca-Cola Helenic and Coca-Cola FEMSA are stocks that trade in NY (CCH & KOF) as well as their home regions.

Coca-Cola Bottling Company Consolidated, based in Charlotte, is about 25% owned by Coke. The stock is listed as COKE (Coke itself is listed as KO). In eastern North Carolina, some of the territories belong to CCBCC, and some belong to Coke, which bought them with the intension of incorporating them into CCE, but they agreed to combine them into the "Piedmont CC Bottling Partnership", which CCBCC runs and split the profit.

Coca-Cola United, based in Brimingham, Coca-Cola Central, based in Richmond, Philadelphia Coca-Cola (which is the nation's 3rd largest black owned business) and ARBATA, based in Cleveland, are closely held companies that do not trade on the stock market. ARBATA is a conglomerate involved in many other industries.

Coca-Cola Northern New England is owned by Japan's Kirin Brewries, which also owns Coke rights in Japan, the Phillipines and elsewhere. Swire, its US operations based in Salt Lake City, is a Hong Kong based complex conglomerate involved in everything from airlines, to banking, to to shipping, to Coke in China and the USA.

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-13-2003, 10:52 AM
this you will find interesting:

http://www.cokecce.com/srclib/1.2.3.html

as i can take it from this link, one of the first states totally controlled was michigan (minus the upper peninsula) because michigan was totally owned by johnston coca-cola. that's why they still use the johnston shells here in michigan.

i also see a decent amount of Roddy Coca-Cola shells but have yet to find that bottler's whereabouts (former).

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-13-2003, 10:53 AM
wait a second: http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Island/3737/ccc0008.html

johnston was the cleveland, tennessee plant (CV) which maybe explains why that plant is so large and diverse. johnston was a massive bottler.

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-13-2003, 10:58 AM
i also found this osha listing of several johnston offices in ohio, as far north as toledo:
http://www.ohiomfg.com/oshalist/j.asp

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-13-2003, 11:02 AM
found roddy:

75th Anniversary Roddy Manufacturing Co 1902-1977 (Bottled Empty) Knoxville TN

at this site: http://www.angelfire.com/pop2/collectorscorner/collection_page1.html

sometimes these bottle collection sites can be a great source for trivial information. i'm still trying to find out who owned the michigan bottlers. also, according to a funlist website i posted under CCE Bottler Codes, there isn't a flint bottler listed, thus confusing the location of "FL." i'm gonna go google Coca Cola FLint now.

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-13-2003, 11:21 AM
found flint, so never mind.

Coca Cola Bottling, (810) 424-3352, 2515 Lapeer Rd, Flint, MI 48503
Coca Cola Bottling-Sales, (810) 237-4000, 2603 Lapeer Rd, Flint, MI 48503

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-13-2003, 11:22 AM
and it does look like the flint bottler was owned by johnston, therefore, an assumption can be made that all of michigan was owned by johnston, except for the u.p., but there's like ten people there so who knows.

teamtitan512
07-13-2003, 11:10 PM
I've seen some Johnston shells in Eastern Great Lakes territory. Any whereabouts Johnston may have possessed in PA? I've seen these shells in and around Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh pre-CCE was Cameron Coke. Right?

drpep
07-14-2003, 10:19 AM
Pop shells are like milk crates, they have a tendancy to wind up miles from home.

fusion
07-14-2003, 11:19 AM
Johnston didn't have PA territory, but their shells are the same as CCE Mid-Atlantic shells, and due to shipping product outside of their normal production areas, shells will inevitably turn up in other states. We have shells that say CCE, Central, Roddy, and Johnston.

bigrich
07-14-2003, 06:49 PM
In the Indianapolis area I see CCE, Herbco, Johnston, Elizabethtown, & Kokomo shells.

fusion
07-14-2003, 06:59 PM
I also have seen some Herbco shells. We've also gotten product that was shipped from Twinsburg, who uses a whole different kind of shells. And now and then, I'll see a CCE-NY/Abarta (they use the same shell type) or Philadelphia Coke shell in our warehouse.

teamtitan512
07-14-2003, 10:30 PM
I've seen a lot of Herbco shells in the past, but these have all vanished since CCE took over. I wonder why these haven't come up, but I've seen Johnston shells.

Central has a lot of Consolidated shells, and it's hard to tell the difference, considering it's CCCBC to CCBCC.

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-15-2003, 10:10 PM
i had a collection of about 20 different shells in my store's storage garage, tucked away from where the coke man would come and get them.

i mean i had coke ones from florida, cape cod, swire, southeastern canners etc...

also about ten different seven up 2liter shells from all over since american's consolidated.

all gone.

sigh

i see a lot of the herbco 2liter and one liter shells with the "diet coke" on one side.

did see a lot of castle shells from cce-ny and cce-cape cod but those have gone the way side of standard cce castle's i bet they sorted them out.

still see a ton of johnston's, some plain cce and about one in thirty is a roddy.

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-19-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by fusion:
I also have seen some Herbco shells. We've also gotten product that was shipped from Twinsburg, who uses a whole different kind of shells. And now and then, I'll see a CCE-NY/Abarta (they use the same shell type) or Philadelphia Coke shell in our warehouse.hey fusion, does twinsburg use some really f'ed up flimsy plastic shells that don't stack for crap?

fusion
07-19-2003, 06:33 PM
No, Twinsburg uses Rehrig Pacific castle crates and wave crates.

Rehrig Pacific (http://www.rehrigpacific.com)

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-20-2003, 12:14 AM
hmmmmmm.

i've seen the wave 1-L come from abarta.

CCE uses the wave crates on most 20oz here in michigan. i remember the first time we got them, we used the old box ones, and they had to take over for the twinsburg plant because of some union issues.

i've seen the castle crates in abarta. herbco used to have some wicked 20oz shells, i think i have one in my attic. i thought it was hilarious that there was a coke bottler named "herb"

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-20-2003, 12:16 AM
i found the herbie crates. they're the coke super hi walls under the "merchandisers" section. cool ****. i love packaging, from cans to crates/pallets. it's my minor.

fusion
07-20-2003, 01:08 AM
Yeah, Abarta and CCE-NY use 2nd generation Castle Crates.. Twinsburg uses 3rd generation, or something along that line, along with the wave crates. The two don't stack with each other, so that's a pain.

We use wave crates for 20oz as well. I've seen a few others floating around, and Abarta still uses the kind with the full side walls that don't nest. Philadelphia Coke was using cardboard until about a year ago, when they switched to the wave.