PDA

View Full Version : Sobe Life Water is coming!

CStoreCatMan
02-17-2006, 02:16 PM
This is Pepsi and Sobe's entry into the enhanced/vitamin/flavored water category. Let me be the first to tell you...these products are awesome! The flavors are crisp, clean and very smooth while being lightly sweetened. The best thing is that the flavors and sweetners are light and delicious. I spent all day yesterday sampling the product for a large c-store customer at one of their annual events and the crowd loved it. Glaceau finally has some competition with a huge distribution network behind it...

Here's a quick article from BevNet about it...no review yet.

http://www.bevnet.com/news/2005/10-21-2005-Pepsi_Glaceau.asp

Mr Zabe
02-17-2006, 02:32 PM
Cool...What's the bottle size and approx. retail cost. I would dig it if it was in the $1.00 to $1.50 range. smile.gif

CStoreCatMan
02-17-2006, 02:36 PM
They are 20oz bottles...I think the account we were sampling to showed the suggested retail at $1.59.

The flavors are:

Pomegranate Cherry
Blackberry Grape
Passionfruit Citrus
Orange Tangerine
Strawberry Kiwi

All include antioxidant vitamins C & E, and several B vitamins.

DJ HawaiianShirt
02-17-2006, 02:49 PM
This excites me. Before my love for soda blossomed, I was a Sobe freak, drinking at least one a day.

I'm glad Sobe's exploring new market segments, because their products are very high quality overall. If they can reach the quality of Vitamin Water, then they have a winner.

SEV

CStoreCatMan
02-17-2006, 03:28 PM
I believe they have reached that quality level. The product is made with all-natural ingredients, no artificial flavors or sweetners. It uses crystalline fructose (same sweetner as VW) and is only 50 cals per serving. We all know that Sobe knows what they're doing when making flavors...they did a great job with these. We had quite a few comments during our sampling saying "tastes better than vitamin water."

Tons O' Fun
02-17-2006, 07:22 PM
Sounds the same as the new BOOKOO WATER.

reset man
02-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Anyone have any pictures of this new Sobe Vitamin Water? Just curious what the packaging looks like.

DJ HawaiianShirt
02-17-2006, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Tons O' Fun:
Sounds the same as the new BOOKOO WATER. BooKoo is still making products? Oh boy...

SEV :rolleyes:

CStoreCatMan
02-21-2006, 01:12 PM
Haven't heard of a new BOOKOO water...any info on that?

CStoreCatMan
02-21-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Joe Louis Punch:
Anyone have any pictures of this new Sobe Vitamin Water? Just curious what the packaging looks like. I do...but don't think I should post them until the launch is a bit closer. Don't want to spoil anything...

Tons O' Fun
02-22-2006, 05:37 PM
Go to www.bookoowater.com (http://www.bookoowater.com) if that does not work go to www.bookooenergy.com (http://www.bookooenergy.com) and look for it.

CStoreCatMan
03-03-2006, 02:21 PM
Okay...here are pictures of 3 Life Water flavors. Again, if I didn't make it clear earlier...these are VERY good!!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f109/xcmtnbikr/BlackGrape.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f109/xcmtnbikr/PassionCitrus.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f109/xcmtnbikr/PomCherry.jpg

reset man
03-03-2006, 05:23 PM
Thanks for posting the photos, looks to have good potential if the product inside is good.

CStoreCatMan
03-03-2006, 05:42 PM
Again, the products are very, very good. Sobe definitely did its homework and developed a great product here. I'll be looking forward to BevNet's review.

Mr Nethead
03-03-2006, 06:32 PM
Interesting. From the bottle style and the type of product it definitely seems like they take after vitaminwater. But they have flavours that VW doesn't, so I'm kinda excited about it.

I looooooove vitaminwater.

CStoreCatMan
03-03-2006, 06:55 PM
I know Sobe did a lot of homework on Vitamin Water...and I believe the 5 SKU's that they developed are similar to VW's top selling items. The flavors are awesome...especially Pomegranate Cherry...delicious!

Tons O' Fun
03-04-2006, 12:06 PM
http://www.bookoowater.com/site/bookooc.jpg

http://www.bookoowater.com/site/mmmulti.jpg

http://www.bookoowater.com/site/rebound.jpg

http://www.bookoowater.com/site/innerg.jpg

Very similar. These are the bookoo waters. MMMULTI, BOOKOO C, REBOUND, AND INNER G.
THE FLAVORS ARE DIFFERENT BUT THE BOTTLES ARE THE SAME.

CStoreCatMan
03-08-2006, 04:44 PM
The difference with the Sobe Life Waters are that each of the 5 flavors have the same vitamin package. Vitamin Water (and looks like BooKoo) have different vitamins in each SKU. The downfall to that, IMO, is that a consumer will find the flavor he/she likes...but may not be getting the vitamins they need or want. With Life Water..they choose the flavor profile they like best and they'll be getting the same vitamins as the other flavors. Seems less confusing...

BottleBoss
03-08-2006, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the cool pictures and all. But all I have to say about it is..... BORING, ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........... Huh, Oh, excuse me, I fell asleep thinking about life water. Sorry. smile.gif

CStoreCatMan
03-08-2006, 05:19 PM
Well not all products appeal to all people. There will be plenty of people that appreciate this product even if you don't!

juniorjin
03-09-2006, 12:06 AM
is this the same product as the carbonated dole beverages that are supposed to be coming out soon? Just rebranded?

CStoreCatMan
03-09-2006, 11:06 AM
Not at all. These are pretty much the same thing as Glaceau Vitamin Water. No carbonation, ALL NATURAL ingredients, crystalline fructose sweetner (very light).

CStoreCatMan
03-13-2006, 06:23 PM
The Dole "sparkling" juices are a separate product...slated for later in the year.

pepsidew
03-13-2006, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by CStoreCatMan:
The Dole "sparkling" juices are a separate product...slated for later in the year. havent heard about that - i bet it will flop - kind of like those light dole juices did

CStoreCatMan
03-13-2006, 07:13 PM
Probably. However, I think Life Water is going to do very well. The "vitamin water" craze has begun and is on the rise. We're launching it here very shortly...I'll let you know what happens in my market.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
03-13-2006, 10:34 PM
Here in Aguascalientes, you can find SoBe in Costco, there's a variety pack of 12 bottles, but very expensive because they're made in U.S.

DJ HawaiianShirt
03-13-2006, 11:47 PM
Ramon, they're worth the money.

Are these dole juices part of the "carbonatural" segment ala IZZE and The Switch?

DJHS

Ram0n C0keah0lic
03-14-2006, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by DJ HawaiianShirt:
Ramon, they're worth the money.
I'll try one if I find it in individual sale... ;)

And also I forgot to mention, it's also on sale SoBe Rush, this one is made in Mexico and distributed by Pepsi Bottlers. In fact it was released under the name of the well-known SoBe Adrenaline Rush, but Pepsi had several problems with PROFECO (the mexican FDA) during the release of this energy drink, related with the information of the label and the name, so Pepsi had to change the information of the label and the name for just "SoBe Rush"

[ 03-14-2006, 12:12 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

CStoreCatMan
03-14-2006, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by DJ HawaiianShirt:

Are these dole juices part of the "carbonatural" segment ala IZZE and The Switch?

DJHS Well depends on how you look at it. I believe the new sparkling Doles do not have that much fruit juice - only like 10%. The Switch was 100% juice - carbonated. Even though those were very good IMO, they recently filed for Chapt 11.

upinarms
03-15-2006, 12:57 AM
I tried the Pom/Cherry as the first batch arrived at my store last week. The packaging is so unoriginal that its sad. Theres a difference between playing off the familiarity of Vitamin Water, but this is basically a carbon copy.

The taste didn't work for me either. While it was a good blend, the overall taste just seemed really watery. To me, Vitamin Water is the same way, but more of a 'balanced' watery taste and still refreshing.

It wasn't horrible, but I was a expecting a bit more from SoBe.

CStoreCatMan
03-15-2006, 10:57 AM
Umm...it tasted really watery? Maybe that's because it is water! Just flavored and lightly sweetened...its not the Sobe drink you're used to in glass. I agree on the packaging, I wish they departed more from the VW look...but I have to say the taste is right on par with VW IMO...

upinarms
03-16-2006, 09:10 PM
Not that I dislike the product, I enjoyed and thought the Pomergranite/Cherry was an innovative blend. The Kiwi Strawberry I had today was good as well.

However, while its obviously a water beverage, I didn't find the taste as balanced as Vitamin Water. To me the most Vitamin Waters have a nice crisp, well blended flavor that have a good taste but still maintains a light duty water feel to it.

Basically, the Life Water to me tastes like a Glaceau with MORE water added, making it seem somewhat diluted. Perhaps I was expecting the flavor to be too much like Vitamin Water and Sobe just formulated their water this way.

Regardless, they aren't bad drinks. I'll still drink them occasionally, I was just hoping they'd make something that would really compete with the taste of VM

SURGE
03-24-2006, 08:27 PM
Tried it today Pom/Cherry is pretty solid. Blackberry and Grape however is pretty nasty however. Decent product but SoBe should stick to what they know- and keep it in glass.

CStoreCatMan
03-27-2006, 07:16 PM
upinarms - BevNet finally reviewed the product and said almost the same thing you did. Basically, VitaminWater (in their opinion) has a criper, cleaner feel than LifeWater.

SURGE - One of the Sobe taglines is "healthy refreshment" so I think this kind of product is right up their alley. Some people like VW better...but all in all I think Sobe made a solid entry into this category. Its not the typical Sobe beverage that comes in glass...but then again, this is water we're talking about and pretty much every water I've ever seen comes in plastic. I think they're just trying to be competitive with the market and competition - packaging and all.

[ 03-27-2006, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: CStoreCatMan ]

upinarms
03-30-2006, 09:51 PM
I tried blackberry/grape today and it was pretty good. They are definately decent drinks, but just not on the same plateau as VM taste-wise.

jmur
03-31-2006, 11:31 PM
i saw them all today at walmart, but it was as i was checking out, so sadly i didnt get to try any of them. ill def pick a few up on my next trip up there.

RunWithDaLilGuy
04-01-2006, 10:36 AM
i remember how hot sobe was before pepsi had it. looks like pepsi is finally doing something right with the brand they almost "mad rivered"

SURGE
04-04-2006, 12:44 PM
I think/hope that they do more to leverage that brand- quite frankly it has the best portfolio of any of Pepsi's brands and most of Coke's too- and seems to have been only minimally corpratized since the buyout. SoBe will pick up a bit in the future I think and win over (back?) some of the juice/fruit/Tea/novelty bev buyers who have kept Jones on the face of the earth.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
04-04-2006, 12:56 PM
they just popped up here, i diddnt try them tho