PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite diet soda?

Nostalgia
07-01-2003, 04:14 AM
although there are a few that come close, my favorite diet soda is definetly Fresca. In fact, I think Fresca is the best citrus soda currently avalible besting even Sprite and Citra in terms of taste and refreshment.

boodoo
07-01-2003, 08:10 AM
Fresca was great back in the days when it was sweetened with cyclomates and had fruit pulp!

In the world of today I would have to go with Diet RC sweetened with Splenda.

Chefdavis
07-01-2003, 08:21 AM
Fresca is way up there (why LA Coke people can't put Fresca in 12 packs I have no idea.)

A come from behind winner may actually be Sugar Free A&W (I don't like regular A&W that much, but the Diet is great)

steveu
07-01-2003, 10:51 AM
I always liked Diet Cherry Coke.

Android
07-01-2003, 11:27 AM
I'm not partial to Coke's normal sodas but most of their diet products I like quite a bit. I have diet Cherry Coke and Diet Sprite in the fridge right now. Diet Barq's is a good diet RB as well.

I found Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi a month ago and found it to be OK but Coke's diet was better.

I've never cared for any formulation of Diet Rite but have wanted to try sucralose sweetened Diet RC ever since I heard of it. Recently I found some. It was in Lincoln NE where for some reason they sell Diet RC in 2 liters only and Diet Rite in cans and 20 ounce. I bought a 2 liter and it was pretty terrible. However I don't consider it a valid test because the bottler was American, and almost everything I've ever had from them tastes terrible. (one exception: I did buy several normal RC 20's in convenience stores which, surpisingly, tasted pretty good, but I think they sell and rotate fairly fast with their 79 cent retail price)

andy

teamtitan512
07-01-2003, 03:40 PM
My favorite diet soda is any of them that are mistakingly sweetened w/sugar. Diet sodas taste awful....I simply refuse to drink them.

T.I.A.
07-01-2003, 10:13 PM
Splenda is a step in the right direction, and Root 66 diet Root Beer might be the best diet I've tried.

That being said, I would have to say that my favorite diet drink is.... water.

Nostalgia
07-02-2003, 02:48 AM
in general, non-diet drinks taste better than diet drinks, but to me the amount of calories in these beverages just don't make them worth it. Flavor isn't everything, for example the hershey vanilla creme milk shake drink has a heavenly flavor to it, but at 640 calories per bottle(2 320 calorie servings) no friggin way am I ever going to drink that crap again.

T.I.A.
07-02-2003, 10:46 PM
Those drinks aren't so bad for you. At the rate I was drinking mine, it'd last me a week!