PDA

View Full Version : I found a gold mine

teamtitan512
07-02-2003, 11:49 AM
Took my grandmother to a little meat market in PA she likes to go to, and I saw signs for Fridge Packs, so I knew they sold soda, so I thought I'd look around, and see if I could find anything interesting. Well, I found more than some interesting stuff, I found TONS of cool stuff.

*no store here sells individual cans of anything, this little store was loaded w/them. Found individual cans of UPPER 10! No joke, from RC Winchester. Never see that stuff here.

Checked the 2L/12pack section, and they had tons of Sioux City sodas, the entire Stewart's line, the old style Canada Dry packages, Cranberry and Diet Cranberry Canada Dry, Country Time Lemonade and Pink Lemonade, Diet Rite, 50/50, Cherikee Red, Diet Rite old packaging. You never see this stuff in Cumberland. I saw more 7Up/RC offerings in this little meat market than I do in our new Giant superstore down here. Then I found a bin of 20 oz. RC products, something else you never see down here anywhere, but on the front there was an ancient Nehi sign from at newest the 80's. I wish I could have found Nehi in there, but only found 7Up, Diet 7Up, Cherry 7Up, Diet Rite, Sunkist, Welch's, Canada Dry (old and new packages), and the Country Time Pink Lemonade at the bargain price of .59 everyday, I should've bought some. I also found PA Dutch Birch Beer, another forgotten product in this region.

Then I checked Coke's area and behind the Fridge Packs of Coke, Diet Coke, Vanilla Coke, Cherry Coke, Sprite and Barq's, I found some regular 12 packs, one of which was get this.....SURGE! I'm not joking! I figured this would make SURGE and karks88 go insane! If you want it karks, I can tell you where to go to get it, should only be $2.99 for the 12 pack.

Anyway....I was really happy to post all the great obscure stuff I found in this little meat market. It also taught me Hawaiian Punch was a Pepsi product here, because they had red and green, and neither of which are seen down across the border.

karks88
07-02-2003, 12:51 PM
DUDE!!!!! Where is this place? smile.gif

teamtitan512
07-02-2003, 04:30 PM
Hyndman, PA...Emerick's Meat Market...You'd go across the Turnpike West until the Bedford exit, get off and on Rt. 30 until you come to Rt. 96, and turn left (going southbound). Pass through Hyndman, until you get to a small village called Palo Alto. Emerick's will be on the left. A lot of cool stuff, and in the back corner under the rest of the Fridge packs there is a 12 pack of Surge, old style.

karks88
07-03-2003, 09:01 AM
Thanks so much! If I have time on the 4th I will head out there. Hopefully they are open smile.gif