PDA

View Full Version : returnable cokes!

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-02-2003, 10:46 PM
i was watching a program on pbs tonite and it was about hotdogs and hotdog stands. in anderson, south carolina there was a hotdog stand called "skin thrashers" and they sold RETURNABLE COKE bottles in the 6.5 oz bottle.

any sign of returnables in anderson, SC?

drpep
07-03-2003, 11:46 AM
Was it called "A Hot Dog Show"? If so it is several years old.

teamtitan512
07-03-2003, 04:16 PM
Anderson, SC is in the heart of Consolidated territory. I doubt they still have returnables there, maybe they brought them in from somewhere else. Even if it was a few years ago, I doubt that Consolidated made returnables then.

I found a furniture store letting customers drink returnable Cokes, leaving the bottles in the store. It was at Grand Piano in Winchester, VA. I've wondered where they got the returnables, I know Central doesn't fool w/them. That was about 2 years ago since I was in there though...wonder if they still do that.

sodasommelier
07-05-2003, 07:48 PM
Well more power to those who manage to get them and offer them. Someday the government should specifically define delicious beverages in glass bottles as being different from the crap in aluminum and plastic and allow the franchise barriers to come down so people who appreciate the quality of properly-manufactured beverages can offer them to those who long for them smile.gif

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-06-2003, 02:44 PM
SS it's so good to see you! i thought of you when this show was on. and yeah, the 20oz pops i saw did seem to be dated.

T.I.A.
07-14-2003, 08:01 PM
teamtitan...

About 4 years ago I enjoyed a similar coke in the Grand Piano in Charlottesville, also Central territory.

Since then, they have changed their name to, I believe, Grand Furniture and I am 99% sure they have stopped offering free cokes.

teamtitan512
07-15-2003, 02:46 AM
Bummer :( I was thinking of going on a visit there just to get some ice cold Coke in glass.

golee1
11-17-2003, 06:12 PM
In Staunton the Grand Piano still offers free cokes. Central takes the empties back and dumps them in a glass recycling bin at the plant.

SURGE
11-17-2003, 11:00 PM
I just bought a boatload of Mexi Cokes so im covered in case of a drought, flood, or nuclear war ;)