PDA

View Full Version : New Fresca logo and Can Art

jblaviback
06-05-2005, 08:43 PM
If you got to the links below you can see the new Fresca Logo that will debut in september.

The classic version
http://www2.coca-cola.com/presscenter/img/imagebrands/downloads/lg_fresca_citrus_can.jpg

All three new ones
http://www2.coca-cola.com/presscenter/imagebrands.html

DietCokeEnthusiast
06-05-2005, 09:05 PM
http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002912

jblaviback
06-05-2005, 10:30 PM
Oh my fault

Empire State Buddy
06-06-2005, 12:51 AM
is fresca diet?

also... i don't like the new packaging. it looks like supermarket brand soda. they could've done a lot better... in my opinion.

Look In The Tunk
06-06-2005, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by Empire State Buddy:
is fresca diet?

Yup. One of the lesser known diet sodas .I think "back in the day" it had 10 calories, but now it has none? Little help?

Look In The Tunk
06-06-2005, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by TheConnieVandelayShow:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Empire State Buddy:
is fresca diet?</font>[/QUOTE]Yup. One of the lesser known diet sodas .I think "back in the day" it had 10 calories, but now it has none? Little help?

OSpencerO
06-06-2005, 08:26 AM
The new logos look brighter and more modern to me so I like them.

Here is A little info on Fresca.

Fresca is a brand of citrus soft drink made by the Coca-Cola company. First introduced in the United States in 1966, the drink is now sold throughout the world. It is a rarity in Coke products, in that it does not have a Pepsi equivalent.

Since its inception, Fresca has been marketed in the United States as a calorie-free, grapefruit-flavored soft drink, ostensibly catering to discriminating adult tastes. In 1985, the drink was given its one major ingredient change, in that it was now being sweetened with aspartame.

Historian Doris Kearns Goodwin wrote that Fresca was the favorite drink of U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson, who had a soda tap installed at the desk in the White House's Oval Office.

However in Latin America, Coca-Cola markets an entirely different soft drink under the Fresca brand name. This drink is grapefruit-flavored, but contains sugar. It is similar to the Squirt soft drink marketed in the United States by another company. In 1997 Coca-Cola, which had had requests for "Mexican Fresca" from immigrant communities launched the soft drink throughout the U.S. as Citra. However this was not successful and that drink is now sold as the Citrus flavor in the Fanta line in areas with a large hispanic population. The name may have been confusing for Latin American consumers, as "agua fresca" is a common local beverage.

This year, Coca-Cola released plans for a new, more contemporary look to Fresca, the first makeover since 1996. Two new flavours were also anounced: Sparkling Peach Citrus Fresca and Sparkling Black Cherry Fresca.

Spencer

RunWithDaLilGuy
09-16-2005, 05:55 PM
i just tried the new fresca extensions, as they were 2/1 where i was working today. both are fantastic. the black cherry is almost reminiscent of the cherry starburst flavor, and the peach is very strong, but not overwhelming. both are great drinks and it's nice to not have just another diet cola on the market.

also - i saw coke take back some outdated coke zero and vault already at a meijer store i work in. it was from a three pallet drop (each, respectively) of cases of 20oz back when they both came out, and they only took back like five cases. not bad.

Chad.
09-16-2005, 07:10 PM
i had the peach today and i thought it was pretty overwhelming, although i don't like peach that much, but mello yello afterglow was awesome

Mello Yello Luver
09-16-2005, 09:33 PM
Not much of a Fresca fan. But the new flavor extensions look good. Love the new logo

[ 09-16-2005, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: Mello Yello Luver ]

ramonazo
09-18-2005, 01:09 AM
Peach must be good!, I wish that mexican Fresca could launch an extension like this one...

BRH
09-20-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by OSpencerO:
The new logos look brighter and more modern to me so I like them.

Here is A little info on Fresca.

Fresca is a brand of citrus soft drink made by the Coca-Cola company. First introduced in the United States in 1966, the drink is now sold throughout the world. It is a rarity in Coke products, in that it does not have a Pepsi equivalent.

Since its inception, Fresca has been marketed in the United States as a calorie-free, grapefruit-flavored soft drink, ostensibly catering to discriminating adult tastes. In 1985, the drink was given its one major ingredient change, in that it was now being sweetened with aspartame.

Historian Doris Kearns Goodwin wrote that Fresca was the favorite drink of U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson, who had a soda tap installed at the desk in the White House's Oval Office.

However in Latin America, Coca-Cola markets an entirely different soft drink under the Fresca brand name. This drink is grapefruit-flavored, but contains sugar. It is similar to the Squirt soft drink marketed in the United States by another company. In 1997 Coca-Cola, which had had requests for "Mexican Fresca" from immigrant communities launched the soft drink throughout the U.S. as Citra. However this was not successful and that drink is now sold as the Citrus flavor in the Fanta line in areas with a large hispanic population. The name may have been confusing for Latin American consumers, as "agua fresca" is a common local beverage.

This year, Coca-Cola released plans for a new, more contemporary look to Fresca, the first makeover since 1996. Two new flavours were also anounced: Sparkling Peach Citrus Fresca and Sparkling Black Cherry Fresca.

Spencer I was a big fan of Citra and am glad that they brought it back as Fanta Citrus. I know they are only in certain areas though. My question is; since you also live here in East Tennessee, do you know where the closest place is in this area that carries the Citrus flavor from Fanta. I found a bottle in a local convenience store a few months back, but haven't seen it locally since. Any chance that Coke will start selling Fanta Citrus in the East Tennessee area? That would be great. If I could have two wishes from Coke, it would be that they start selling Fanta Citrus and their Red Flash soda in this area. I love both of those. (I stock up on Red Flash everytime I go out to Texas. Much better than Big Red.)

CaffeineBoy
09-20-2005, 11:08 PM
i like fresca, although i never really liked the old packaging. it looks too much like generic store-brand. i'm not a fan of the new packaging either, it looks like some new-age diet water crap.

fusion
09-22-2005, 12:31 AM
ABARTA Coke is now selling the fridge packs with the new graphics. Can bodies are still the old look, though.

The 12 pack looks half-way decent, actually. Definitely stands out.

bigrich
09-22-2005, 10:45 PM
Hey BHR. You can buy Red Flash in the CCE Tri-States territory, only in the immediate Louisville, KY area. They ship it in from Dallas. It might be a little easier for you to drive there than Texas.

ramonazo
09-26-2005, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Empire State Buddy:
is fresca diet?

also... i don't like the new packaging. it looks like supermarket brand soda. they could've done a lot better... in my opinion. In Mexico Fresca has sugar, but now we have also a calorie-free version called Fresca 1 in 310 ml cans, IMO not so good, tastes like if you left a bottle of Fresca open and after an hour you drink it...

[ 09-26-2005, 01:49 AM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

karks88
09-27-2005, 04:54 PM
Mexican Fresca is the best! I have to find a Mexican grocer near me so I can buy some.

I do like the new packaging/logos for the American version. It needed some kind of update.

ramonazo
09-27-2005, 05:49 PM
karks, if you're going to visit Mexico try...
http://www.marketing-up.com.mx/imgarticulos/nota2243.jpg
It's good! TOOOMALA!!

BTW, I saw today on TV a new commercial of Fresca, first appears a lady sweating in a bed blowing like if she was going to have a baby, but after blowing several times says: "I'm tired, you're next", and now a man appears blowing like the lady, but they open the view and appears the man blowing to the armpits of the lady, the commercial ends with the phrase: "Do you want to get refreshed? Fresca, Nothing else better to get refreshed.

disgusting... but funny...

[ 09-27-2005, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

NewColaLover
09-27-2005, 05:49 PM
What flavor is that Toomala supposed to be?

karks88
09-28-2005, 04:30 PM
I definitely hope to get back to Mexico someday soon. I need to see those beautiful beaches and taste that great soda again!

ramonazo
09-28-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by NewColaLover:
What flavor is that Toomala supposed to be? Actually the flavor is toronja roja (red grapefruit), but TOOOMALA! is like a slogan for the product, the main character of the Fresca Roja campaign is a boxing glove, in the TV ads appears a thirsty lady in a beauty salon sweating, and suddenly receives a punch from the boxing glove (and everybody around say "TOOOMALA!") and receives a Fresca Roja.

[ 09-28-2005, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

Mr Zabe
09-28-2005, 07:18 PM
MrR
I swear the creativity of the soda pop industry in Mexico reminds me of the 1950s and 1960s of how it was in the States. By the way that is a compliment. smile.gif It seems that in the US everyone is so up tight with being PC. Some of the fun and Joy of the "Popular or POP" culture has faded forever to the past.

Maybe like with fashion, the US pop industry will return back to it's looser more crazier times?

[ 09-28-2005, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Acheron
09-30-2005, 08:43 AM
I only tried the Cherry Fresca, but I was not impressed. It tasted almost like bubble gum, which isn't necessarily bad in and of itself (I have fond memories of Bubble Yum soda) but didn't seem right with the grapefruit overtones.

And it's slightly unsettling that you could pour all three into unmarked glasses and not tell the difference between them. Would it have killed them to drop a little FD&C in there to differentiate the products a little?

karks88
09-30-2005, 05:56 PM
I actually saw a Fresca billboard today. If I remember correctly it said "Rediscover Fresca". I thought I was seeing things at first!

Mr Zabe
10-01-2005, 08:41 PM
I have waited all day to gloat. LOL
This morning I picked up the new Fresca flavors black cherry and citrus peach. The store had 2lts for 79 cents and fridge packs for $3.99.

I will try the citrus peach in a few hours. (It take my fridge about 8 hours to fully chill 2ltr bottles. Of course I will post back on this thread with my (wordy) review. The new label looks awesome!!

Mr Zabe
10-01-2005, 09:45 PM
LOL
I could not wait a full two hours.

I say Bravo and job well done to Coca Cola.
Fresca Peach rocked this cave man's house.
First of all it appears the this new Fresca uses the same sweetener formulation of that used in Coke Zero. There is just about no taste of aspartame in the new Fresca. And no filmy taste noticed in my mouth after drinking it.

I tried the Peach Fresca. What a mega treat. The taste of Fresca was emediate upon first taste and then as the gulp hit the back of my mouth's pallet, a wonderful mellow yet firm taste of peach and a citrus flavor bathed my tasebuds.

A most refreshing new addition to my A list.
Fresca Peach really hit my spot. I can't wait to try the Black Cherry Fresca.

A must try for all the drinkers of grapefruit soda pop and or the old formulation of Fresca.

PS I drank the Fresca Peach soda pop over a generous amount of ice in a 16oz glass tumbler.

[ 10-02-2005, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

jblaviback
10-02-2005, 03:36 PM
I just tried the peach, and Zabe described it perfectly. It is better than I expected and does a good job of melding the signiture Fresca flavor with a distinct peach taste. Now I want to try the black cherry.

DJ HawaiianShirt
10-02-2005, 11:30 PM
The Peach is great.

The Black Cherry is very good.

Does anyone know if the original is tweaked at all?

My friends(non-soda freaks) found the new flavors before I do, and I was really mad. They couldn't understand my frustration. lol

SEV smile.gif

Mr Zabe
10-02-2005, 11:54 PM
Gee I so hope the original Frescia has been improved. I'm so bummed that Coke did not launch the new Fresca for the summer of 2005.

I just finished my peach 2ltr this evening. Just an outstanding beverage. The "plain" version would be awesome.

SEV....your only true soda pop freak friends are on this board. Your other friends are just generic knock offs. LOL

[ 10-02-2005, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

golee1
10-05-2005, 04:07 PM
I'm pretty sure the original hasn't been changed any. We had some advance samples at our sales center and it tasted the same to me.

Mr Zabe
10-07-2005, 03:13 PM
I just open and tried an ice cold bottle of Fresca Black Cherry. IMO it was not bad and it was not good. The Black Cherry flavor was so subtle that I could not "latch" on to it. The carbonation was excellent, the Fresca over tones were great and the sweetness (Coke Zero like) was right on target. I just think Black Cherry and Grapefruit do not mix too well in a soda pop.

I would love to see a semi strong orange or lemon Fresca.

Black Cherry Fresca is on my B list. If I was in the mood for a cold Fresca at a convience store then I might select it. It's just a touch off the mark flavor wise.

[ 10-07-2005, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

mjb1124
10-07-2005, 05:28 PM
The peach flavor didn't blow me away, but it's pretty good. It basically tastes how it's supposed to taste - like Fresca with a hint of peach.

The black cherry one reminds me of cherry Trident gum. I'm not sure if that's a good thing for a soda.

[ 10-07-2005, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: mikibacsi1124 ]

Mr Zabe
10-08-2005, 03:26 PM
I just got back for my bi-monthly shopping trip to Woodmans's at their Kenosha Wisconsin location.

I was impressed with the self space allotted to the new Fresca's. Both the peach and black cherry had 3 facings of 2 ltr and 2 facings of the 12ct fridge pack. Both the 2 ltrs and fridge packs are heavily shopped.

I brought a fridge pack of the peach for $3.29.
I will let it cool down and start my maiden voyager of 12 can drinking.

I can't wait!!!!

[ 10-08-2005, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Mr Zabe
10-08-2005, 09:14 PM
Fresca Peach drunken out a can over ice.......
Absolutely Delightful!!!!!!!
Awesome taste,next to Coke Zero, this has to be the second best new brand/flavor launched this year.

Mark my words, Fresca Peach is here to stay and will do well in most regional markets.

[ 10-10-2005, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

fusion
10-10-2005, 11:23 PM
I sampled the new Fresca flavors at Wal-Mart the other weekend -- I was really impressed with both - the flavors mask the diet taste really well.

But I have a feeling that one or both of them won't make it past a year if they aren't properly promoted and displayed.

Mr Zabe
10-10-2005, 11:27 PM
IMO The Black Cherry will fall by the way side.
The Black Cherry flavor is weak and or not satisfying as a flavor.

jmyjunk
10-11-2005, 02:50 PM
They have shown up here in Colorado.

I was about to buy a 12 pack of Black Cherry. I am sooooooo glad I opted for the 20oz. It tasted terrible. Black Cherry and Citrus diet drink is a rather bad combo.
I did buy the Peach as well. Much better, but not that great. Nice peach smell though. Its Fresca with a twist of peach.

What a disappointment.

[ 10-11-2005, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: jmyjunk ]

DJ HawaiianShirt
10-12-2005, 11:49 PM
I went into 7-11 yesterday in hopes of finding the new Hawaiian Punch Slurpee. No luck.

But I was surprised to see that they had 20oz bottles of the new label Fresca, as well as individual cans of the new original and peach. I was pretty surprised.

Just thought I'd share.

SEV smile.gif

Mr Zabe
10-13-2005, 12:00 AM
Not bad for a 7-11. I've been wanting a Hawaiian Punch Slurpee big time. They look awesome. H.P. was always a good childhood buzz. LOL

fusion
10-13-2005, 12:15 AM
I'll have to check out the 7-11 up the street and see if they have the new HP slurpees yet.

I did go into 7-11 last night, and was surprised to see Frank's Champagne Kola in 2 liters.

Frank's is owned by Honickman, and the original flavors are what became the current Canada Dry flavored sodas in the Philadelphia area. I figured they had retired the Frank's name, but it's back. 99¢ for a 2L. I wonder if they have any other flavors out there.

Mr Zabe
10-13-2005, 01:36 AM
Very cool 7-11 outing!!! smile.gif
7-11 is becoming worthy of "Must Visit Status".
(Any excuse to get a slurpy. LOL)

fusion
10-13-2005, 01:39 AM
The thing about 7-11 is now they are really getting behind their own brands. The Formula 7 energy stuff, the Big Gulp Sodas, their private label water, and so on. This can put the squeeze on the smaller/older locations with fewer doors. We had one in our area that picked up a liquor license, and that took away three doors from the non-alcoholic beverage section.

RunWithDaLilGuy
10-13-2005, 09:27 PM
private labels hugely increase value as well.

Mr Zabe
10-13-2005, 10:14 PM
I know, I'm slap happy about Peach Fresca. I have made several comments about how much I like it. Well, I have decided that Peach Fresca deserves a spot on my top 5 all time favorite soda pops. I just can't get over how damn smooth and refreshing it tastes. The taste of peach is so well done it really is amazing.

DJ HawaiianShirt
10-15-2005, 02:33 AM
I actually think the Big Gulp Sodas are great, but the Formula 7 stuff is going nowhere.

SEV smile.gif

Mr Zabe
10-15-2005, 08:11 PM
I sp@ke with one of my friendly Coke route men this morning. I asked him how the new Fresca was doing. He said that for a relaunch of an existing flavor he has been "quite impressed" with how it's moving. He said people like myself are telling him the same thing that the Peach is outstanding and the Black Cherry is ok but not great.

He had no news regarding Vault. :(

[ 10-15-2005, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

ramonazo
10-15-2005, 11:54 PM
No doubt that the great results of the new American Fresca it's because of the flavor and also the new packaging... Have you realized that the old Fresca logo has been in the packaging for 10 YEARS? and people began of getting tired of the old graphics...

fusion
10-16-2005, 02:46 AM
I was on www.fresca.com (http://www.fresca.com) and they have a history of the graphics on there.

Speaking of old graphics.. I wish they would finally change (and stick with it) the graphics on Sprite.. and Barq's could use a makeover as well.

Mr Zabe
10-16-2005, 03:11 AM
So ture.
Barq's could use a make over. EXTREAM MAKE OVER.
How about some color and something to get the juices going,graphic wise. LOL

mjb1124
10-16-2005, 04:44 AM
Yeah, I agree about Sprite. I mean, people are saying that Fresca sorely needed an updated design, but the logo used up until recently was actually introduced after Sprite's current logo. And look at Coke - it seems to get its graphics changed every 2 years or so.

jblaviback
10-16-2005, 06:21 PM
I personally think the sprite logo is good. I am not one who thinks that they should just change the packaging just because that's what they do with there other beverages.

ramonazo
10-17-2005, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by fusion:
Speaking of old graphics.. I wish they would finally change (and stick with it) the graphics on Sprite..I'm agree too, IMO the Sprite actual logo in U.S. is not bad, in fact was one of my favorites after the Coke logo, and the new one that is now used in the rest of the world is Cool too and Sprite U.S. should use that logo too, because after ELEVEN years of using the same logo, really needs to be updated. As an example, Ciel purified water uses the same logo since their release in 1996 (but compensated with a change in the color of the packaging in 2002), but now is going to change their graphics to get refreshed and updated...

My prediction is that Sprite will change its logo in the next year, and maybe can be this one... because of the lemon and the lime above the "i"...
Only a supposal, don't get excited... :D
http://www.coca-cola-gmbh.de/marken/img/unterseiten_marken/00_ber_visual_sprite.gif
This logo is used in Germany, Switzerland, India and Israel.

[ 10-19-2005, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

XLS_04
10-17-2005, 02:14 AM
[ 10-17-2005, 01:16 AM: Message edited by: XLS_04 ]

XLS_04
10-17-2005, 02:19 AM
I agree the Sprite graphics in the USA have been the same since 1994. Everywhere else in the world has the new graphics, I don't understand why they did that.

Mr Zabe
10-17-2005, 02:22 PM
I just saw the brand new Fresca TV commercial.
It had little Fresca fairies dancing in a big bottle of Fresca. It was cool as the soda pop was carbonated.

At the end, it showed the three new flavors Black Cherry,Peach and Fresca. That's right, the plain old Fresca, had been updated. Kick Ass!!!

Chi Town has not rolled out regular Fresca as of yet just the Peach and Black Cherry.

[ 10-17-2005, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Mr Zabe
10-18-2005, 02:00 PM
I was able to find 2ltrs and fridge packs of the new Fresca Citrus (formerly the old plain Fresca. I picked up a couple of 2ltrs. I shall report back later in the day with my review.

I was very happy to find this, strange this store did not have Peach or Black Cherry. This store had a planogram that was pretty darn goofy.

ramonazo
10-18-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
I just saw the brand new Fresca TV commercial.
It had little Fresca fairies dancing in a big bottle of Fresca. It was cool as the soda pop was carbonated.

At the end, it showed the three new flavors Black Cherry,Peach and Fresca. That's right, the plain old Fresca, had been updated. Kick Ass!!! Mr. Z...
Do you want to see some really kick a$$ Fresca commercials? Check this:
http://www.femsa.com/videos/campanas2003/fresca01.mpg
http://www.femsa.com/videos/campanas2003/fresca02.mpg

And more Coca-Cola mexican commercials at:
http://www.femsa.com/comm_vid.asp?empresa=3

Mr Zabe
10-18-2005, 11:08 PM
I just tried the new regular Fresca.

It could be me but I'm a little let down. The strong grapefruit flavor has been toned down. The taste is real smooth yet very weak. I'm so bummed out. Don't get me wrong,it's a good soda pop, it's just a different animal.

The sweetener formulation works very well. There is no YECKY after taste. It just does not have that strong tangy taste that use to excite my mouth.

I will drink my 2 2ltr bottles and then stay with Peach Fresca which I really enjoyed.

That's how I see it.

Zabe

[ 10-18-2005, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

mjb1124
10-19-2005, 01:22 AM
Um, Zabe, from all I've read, the original Fresca hasn't been reformulated, just repackaged. And I didn't taste any difference when I had a 20 oz. bottle with the new packaging the other day, although in all fairness my taste buds weren't in "beverage review" mode.

Mr Zabe
10-19-2005, 01:45 AM
How about we ask MrR our resident Coca Cola expert. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Trust me I would know if I was drinking the old Fresca. The old Fresca has a distinctive aspartame "burn out" taste that was only tolerable due to the heavy grapefruit taste.

I checked the lable and the list of ingredients matched those of Peach Fresca.

Why would Coke not up grade regular Fresca with the launching of two new formulated Fresca flavors? It would not make sense.

I will disagree with you, I drank the reformulated Fresca. I'm just about 98% sure.

If I'm wrong I will wear a dry ice soda pop vest and be at your beck and call for one month. LOL

[ 10-19-2005, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

ramonazo
10-19-2005, 02:13 AM
I've never drank american Fresca before... but according to your opinion, looks like if the new U.S. Fresca tasted like the Mexican "Fresca 1", that tastes good but there's a lack of bubbles...

Mr Z., Check the mexican Fresca commercials at the links placed in the previous post, they're really funny!...

Mr Zabe
10-19-2005, 10:23 AM
MrR
I did watch the Mexican Fresca commercials that you posted. They were funny. The laundry mat one did crack me up. LOL

Mr Zabe
10-19-2005, 11:38 AM
mikibacsi1124,
I just spent a good half hour on the phone with Coca Cola customer service. It appears you now have the services of an dry ice soda pop vested Zabe at your service for a full month. :D

I asked Coke to send me any information they have on the Fresca brand. I shall report back. Coke said that the old Fresca has not been changed.

I'm not perfect, well I try. LOL I'm sorry if I have caused any caused grief by my lack of soda pop knowledge. :(

[ 10-19-2005, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]