PDA

View Full Version : What does your Cherry Vanilla bottle look like?

wonkapete
06-06-2005, 04:26 PM
Our bottles have the long necks. However, on my recent roadtrip, I was surprised that the bottle was different. Anyone else seen this:

http://photos13.flickr.com/17831719_bb660a9e5d.jpg?v=0

jmyjunk
06-06-2005, 04:43 PM
Is it not due to who is proudcing the bottle in that region. The one on the right is by Pepsi, the one on the left is DPSU, or by Coke. Just a hunch.

fusion
06-06-2005, 06:20 PM
Pepsi uses their own swirl bottles when they produce Dr Pepper products. But Coke and others use the angle bottle.

I think the angle bottle looks really sharp. Different than anything else out there in plastic. The 12oz angle bottles do tend to look a little odd, since the neck is so short.

Look In The Tunk
06-06-2005, 06:43 PM
We use pepsi swirl bottles out here, and Dr. Pepper is always sitting next to the Pepsi proudcts here.

Until earlier this year, I thought that Dr. Pepper was a pepsi product everywhere. Boy was I wrong!

fusion
06-06-2005, 09:16 PM
I've met people who thought that Coke owned Dr Pepper as well.

drpep
06-06-2005, 10:14 PM
Clintons Ditch uses a slightly different version of the bottle on the right.

ramonazo
06-07-2005, 02:05 AM
The same happens here in Mexico, all the products that are distributed and manufactured by Pepsi have the Pepsi bottle, for example Jarritos or Tri Soda.

Here in Mex, the swirl bottle disappeared since May 2004

http://www.geusa.com.mx/images/promociones/TrisodaPinaPeq.jpg

[ 06-07-2005, 02:06 AM: Message edited by: ramonazo ]

SamC
06-07-2005, 07:17 AM
The numbers that I have for Dr Pepper distribution in the USA are 30% Pepsi bottlers, 30% Coke bottlers, and 40% third-tier bottlers.

Pepsi bottlers always use the Pepsi bottle.

Coke bottlers not only do not use the Coke bottle, which is for Coke only, they do not use the "bolt" bottle used for non-Coke, non-Sprite Coca-Cola corporate products, but use the "generic" angle bottle. Sometimes with the Dr Pepper logo raised into the plastic just above the label, sometimes not.

Third tiers vary. The third tier a few miles away from me uses a "bumpy frosted" bottle for all its products, including 7 up, RC, etc. I have also seen third tiers use a slightly "fatter" version of the Coke generic bottle, with the raised logo, and a completely different bottle that is somewhat similar to the Coke "bolt" bottle. I have also seen the old time plain bottle like a modern 2-litre.

AFAIK, Dr Pepper produces sales material featuring the Pepsi bottle and the fatter version of the Coke generic bottle, with the raised logo. The filmed commercials always feature the Coke bottle.

As to sales, in my area, "Pepsi products" includes Dr Pepper. In the next county over, where the third tier has it, "RC products" includes it. Its a "Coke product" where Coke sells it.

the saint
06-07-2005, 09:32 AM
the angle bottle is an actual Dr Pepper bottle not a "generic" or a coke bottle.

PhillySteve
06-07-2005, 03:59 PM
Is Seagram's still in the green angle bottle or bolt bottle now?

mjb1124
06-09-2005, 02:30 PM
In my area, Seagram's is in the bolt bottle, though it used to be in the angle one. At this point, DP is the only product bottled by Coke in my area that uses the angle bottle (without the raised "Dr Pepper" text). And recently, I've seen 12 oz. and 1.5 liters DP bottles that used the angle design.

wonkapete
06-09-2005, 03:00 PM
Back a few years, our 2 liter Sunkist and 7up sodas were in the angle bottles. Looked cool in the 2 liter version.

Look In The Tunk
06-09-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Mountain Dew Or Crab Juice?:
In my area, Seagram's is in the bolt bottle, though it used to be in the angle one. Ditto here. They got rid of the angles here when Dasani in its bolt bottle came out, and Seagrams followed suit and was put in a bolt bottle.

fusion
06-09-2005, 08:15 PM
I remember the 2 liter angle bottles from Buffalo Rock Pepsi. Caught me off guard when I saw them for the first time! I remember they also had the big 3 liter/1 liter big slam type caps.