PDA

View Full Version : Vault Zero - Like it or not?

Mello Yello Luver
02-22-2006, 04:55 AM
I love regular Vault. So I recently decided to try Vault Zero. I thought it was horrible. Of course I don't like any diet sodas. What do you guys think?

[ 02-22-2006, 03:58 AM: Message edited by: Mello Yello Luver ]

Mr Zabe
02-22-2006, 07:01 AM
I'm still drinking and enjoying regular Vault. I will eventually give Vault Zero a try sometime but not for a while.

pepsidew
02-22-2006, 10:24 AM
look for diet dew with the slogan "tuned up taste" on it - i think that is the new version - not positive though - and it doesnt say anything about splenda on it

Mr Zabe
02-22-2006, 10:27 AM
I'll give a try as I am open to any and all good soda pops. It would be very cool it the new diet MD was drinkable and splenda free.

iluvsurge220
02-22-2006, 04:49 PM
Come on guys the post is about Vault Zero, not diet dew. I know all you pepsi freaks want to make sure we all know about your new stuff, so why don't you take a few extra minutes to start your own post. Don't talk about diet dew in a Vault Zero forum because this post is for people who want to talk about Vault Zero.

DJ HawaiianShirt
02-22-2006, 07:03 PM
My friend who is a citrus junkie loves Vault Zero. He normally prefers diet sodas like the Frescas and Diet Mello Yello (he's from TN). But he says Vault Zero is the diet soda that tastes most like its original.

He despises cola, so clearly he's never tried Coke Zero.

SEV smile.gif

SuperAmmo
02-23-2006, 09:11 PM
Since all I drink is diet (in the past year at least), I love Vault Zero, one drink and I have flashbacks of elementary school when we had Surge parties.

mjb1124
02-23-2006, 09:12 PM
I like Vault Zero. Yeah, there's a little bit of a "diet" taste, but it's not too strong and the flavor is very much like regular Vault. Much like Coke Zero, it tastes best when it's ice cold.

For that matter, I have similar thoughts on the new "tuned up" Diet Dew. There's still a little bit of an aftertaste, but the flavor is a lot more smooth and Dew-like than the previous formulation. By the way, it's sweetened with a blend of aspartame, ace-K, and Splenda.

SuperAmmo
02-23-2006, 09:50 PM
I haven't tried this "tuned up" Diet Dew, whenever I read the ingredients it's the same.

In fact, the bottle says "Same dew, new view."

When did this get released?

PepsiBlue
02-23-2006, 09:53 PM
No, the first bottles of diet dew with the new logo said Same Dew New View
the new ones says TUNED UP TASTS in place of where it says that.
Anywhoo, ay 7-11 today they only had vault zero so I tried it, not bad, I prefer the reg version, but diet isnt bad MUCH better than the old diet dew.

Also has anyone seen vault or vault zero in 2 liters?

MDCoke
02-23-2006, 10:49 PM
I am a big Coke Zero fan, but I really do like Vault Zero too, quite good.
The Diet Cherry Vanilla Coke was awful, they should have used the Zero formula!

the saint
02-24-2006, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by SuperAmmo:
I haven't tried this "tuned up" Diet Dew, whenever I read the ingredients it's the same.

When did this get released? When Pepsi changed the logos and graphics on the label about 6 months ago. That is not the new formula. It will say "tuned up taste" on the packaging if it is the new formula. We have it in 24 packs here in OKC and I think 2 liters are in the process as we have been out at the warehouse for a couple days, I am not sure about the other packages as I haven't noticed.

jstylzz
02-24-2006, 08:02 PM
Vault Zero is pretty good; a marked difference over Diet Mtn. Dew.

My wife does not care for Mtn. Dew in any form, and she really likes Vault Zero. She's diabetic, so the hard stuff is off-limits to her, but she does enjoy it.

iowacity
02-25-2006, 12:04 AM
It's no worse than regular Vault.

pepsidew
02-25-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by the saint:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SuperAmmo:

When did this get released? When Pepsi changed the logos and graphics on the label about 6 months ago. That is not the new formula. It will say "tuned up taste" on the packaging if it is the new formula. We have it in 24 packs here in OKC and I think 2 liters are in the process as we have been out at the warehouse for a couple days, I am not sure about the other packages as I haven't noticed. </font>[/QUOTE]i have seen the "Tuned Up Taste" on 24pks, 12pks, 2lts, and 24oz 6pks - not on 20oz & 8pk 120z - i'm sure they will get here soon

Jason Perlow
03-30-2006, 12:36 AM
I like vault zero, tried it today for the first time. I'd say I like the new Fresca formulation better though.

iluvsurge220
03-30-2006, 05:17 PM
I don't like diet very much but Vault Zero is pretty good. If I have to start drinking diet stuff when I get older or anything like that Vault Zero will definitely be what I will drink.

NoVA Alex
03-31-2006, 06:20 PM
tried it and like it a lot. more flavor than diet Mtn Dew or diet Sun Drop.

popologist
04-06-2006, 11:58 PM
i tried vault zero today. i was actually looking for coke blak, but couldn't find it, and stumbled on some vault zero and picked up a bottle just to try it.

now, consider that i'm not a big mountain dew fan, but... i actually liked vault zero (for a citrus soda)... and i wouldn't have even known it was diet if it hadn't said "zero" on it (but maybe that's because i drink a lot of sugar free drinks).

i'm not sure i'll buy it again, only because i'm not into citrus drinks. but it was very good for what it was.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-07-2006, 12:04 AM
Popologist... you're lucky...