PDA

View Full Version : post "taste" reviews of ZERO here...

Empire State Buddy
06-07-2005, 08:41 AM
unfortunately, i don't have one to post yet. :(

has anyone seen it anywhere? or, better yet, tasted it? :confused:

guaranajunkie
06-07-2005, 10:11 AM
Yeah they had it yesterday at the gas station next to the vault, hadn't tried it though

drpep
06-07-2005, 11:09 AM
Best diet version of Coke so far.

Empire State Buddy
06-07-2005, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by guaranajunkie:
Yeah they had it yesterday at the gas station next to the vault, hadn't tried it though STOP TEASING ME! :mad:

tongue.gif

Empire State Buddy
06-07-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by dr pepperman:
Best diet version of Coke so far. Soooo glad to hear that. smile.gif So does it taste something like C2 then?

Can't wait to try it. smile.gif

Robot
06-07-2005, 01:30 PM
yah i realyl want to try this and vault, neither are here in chicago yet though :(

Empire State Buddy
06-07-2005, 01:44 PM
i was expecting a lot of fanfare, but... so far, i've seen or heard very little.

SuperAmmo
06-07-2005, 01:52 PM
that's cuz I can't find it for the life of me. Granted I'm not gonna drive out of my way to find it but I'm not having too much success.

yankees26mlb
06-07-2005, 02:42 PM
Im in NY and havent seen vault or coke zero yet

Empire State Buddy
06-07-2005, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by yankees26mlb:
Im in NY and havent seen vault or coke zero yet me either, but sometimes we get products later here... b/c of limited shelf space. the Fairway by my apt doesn't carry C2 or DC w/ Splenda... but the smaller grocery stores do. go figure.

i was thinking i'd find a 20 oz bottle at a drugstore or something... but, so far, no Zero... only DC w/ Splenda.

BottleBoss
06-07-2005, 05:52 PM
Wal-Mart had some new Coke product. Diet Coke with splenda I think. Tasted like water. Flat flavored. Didn't have that nasty diet after taste though.

DietCokeEnthusiast
06-07-2005, 05:59 PM
Diet Coke sweetened with Splenda isn't new at all. It has been on the market for over a month.

videoman
06-07-2005, 06:27 PM
Well after a bit of searching I found some Coke Zero. It only seems to be available in 20oz PET at the moment. I found it at a Kroger in the drink cooler case by the register.

So how does it taste? I'm still a bit undecided. It's got a much sweeter taste than Coke Classic. My guess is that this is just the Classic Coke formula with aspertame as the sweetener (instead of HFCS).

I think anyone who was expecting Coke Zero to taste just like Coke Classic but without the calories are going to be dissapointed. This has it's own unique taste.

The Interpreter
06-07-2005, 07:16 PM
Well, the stuff ALSO has ACE K, not just aspartame....

Robot
06-07-2005, 08:02 PM
I finally found some 20oz Coke Zero today..

excellent!!!

It tastes very much like Coke classic but with 0 calories...

Once this stuff hits 12packs I am sure Ill be addicted, I LOVED coke classic, its my fave cola, but drink diet coke/pepsi one regularly... this stuff is amazing!

not sure if it tastes 100% like regular coke, I drink regular coke maybe once or twice a year now, but it seems to taste alot like it.

The Interpreter
06-07-2005, 09:01 PM
Quit holding out on us! smile.gif

Where did you find it?

Robot
06-07-2005, 09:11 PM
Elmhurst, IL... Jewel on Butterfield road.

The Interpreter
06-07-2005, 09:31 PM
Thanks! I'm beginning to think I will have to drive that far to get some! smile.gif

MDCoke
06-07-2005, 09:57 PM
First let me say I was a die-hard Coke (Classic) drinker until a few years ago until I gave it up in my quest to lose 50 pounds...which I did.
I hate all the Diet drinks...I have tried them all. Diet Coke w/Cherry is about the only one I can even drink occasionally.
With that said, my first taste of Coke Zero was excellent, while it still has a very light "diet" flavor, there is no lingering after taste. It definitely tastes overall like Coke Classic. While it will never replace the original (I still drink one on occasion), this will be an excellent guilt free treat for me. Found it in 20 oz at Sheetz in Walkersville, MD.

[ 06-07-2005, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: MDCoke ]

Empire State Buddy
06-07-2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by MDCoke:
First let me say I was a die-hard Coke (Classic) drinker until a few years ago until I gave it up in my quest to lose 50 pounds...which I did.
I hate all the Diet drinks...I have tried them all. Diet Coke w/Cherry is about the only one I can even drink occasionally.
With that said, my first taste of Coke Zero was excellent, while it still has a very light "diet" flavor, there is no lingering after taste. It definitely tastes overall like Coke Classic. While it will never replace the original (I still drink one on occasion), this will be an excellent guilt free treat for me. Found it in 20 oz at Sheetz in Walkersville, MD. WOW! i'm soooo looking forward to this one!

i haven't been impressed with DCwS because, even though the aftertaste is gone, so is the cola taste, in my opinion.

i'm really hoping that Zero tastes something like C2 (which i like a lot and drink in place of Classic... when available).

thanks so much for this review.

sounds like coke is letting it trickle out... smile.gif

The Interpreter
06-07-2005, 11:00 PM
If you want to keep The Coca-Cola Company happy with you, you will always capitalize the name of their branded beverage product! smile.gif

Empire State Buddy
06-07-2005, 11:05 PM
LOL!

The Interpreter
06-07-2005, 11:10 PM
Oh, trust me. Coke keeps a whole bevy of trademark attorneys busy on such things! Just trying to help a guy out, I am...

JACK
06-08-2005, 04:48 PM
First, there is only one diet soft drink worth drinking - DIET DR PEPPER....but I am an addict..please excuse me..

Zero...the flavor profile does not say " I am a diet of one of the world's best known tastes". I knew it was a diet and thought it had an aftertaste. The worlds largest soft drink company should have taste tested it themselves..6 out of ten for me.

Empire State Buddy
06-08-2005, 07:47 PM
so far we've got 1 positive, 1 negative, and a lot of's "where is it's?" LOL.

Robot
06-08-2005, 07:56 PM
its great stuff guys..

its going to make drinking rum and cokes fun again...

i used to adore captain morgan and coca-cola.. but it just wasnt the same with diet coke or diet pepsi or any of the diets...

captain morgan and coke zero will be delish.

The Interpreter
06-08-2005, 07:59 PM
Still no sign of it here. When is this stuff SUPPOSED to be on the shelves of most local grocery stores and/or c-stores? Obviously, it either wasn't really 6 June, or somebody miscalculated! smile.gif

Empire State Buddy
06-09-2005, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by The Interpreter:
Still no sign of it here. When is this stuff SUPPOSED to be on the shelves of most local grocery stores and/or c-stores? Obviously, it either wasn't really 6 June, or somebody miscalculated! smile.gif where's "here" for you?

i'm in nyc and still no sign of it here either. :( we got DCwSplenda quick (though still not at every store).

maybe they don't want to introduce Zero while DCwS is still catching on... maybe they're afraid people will get confused. which could easily happen... if some stores have one new product, but not the other. someone might try DCwS thinking it's Zero, or vice versa... and not like it... and then not drink either.

who knows?

i just want to taste it soon. i'm running out of DCwS (i got lucky and found a 12 pack last week), but i've got a 12 pack at work and home of regular DC. but i'd like to find some Zero before i stock up again.

The Interpreter
06-09-2005, 04:30 AM
Yep, I can relate. Here is Huntington, West Virginia. I didn't stock up on Diet Coke (I detest the Splenda version) last week when it was on sale, as I just *KNEW* I wanted to try Coke Zero first. Oh, well. Tons of Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi are here! smile.gif

turdferguson
06-09-2005, 09:06 AM
i dont get it, why is everyone getting excited over this product? doesnt diet coke already exist? dont they also have c2? what is the purpose of this product? you people get excited when coke puts the same liquid in a different package?? please explain, im curious with this fascination over a totally un-unique boring new product that weve seen a hundred times before from coke?? you are sheep.....

turdferguson
06-09-2005, 09:08 AM
It tastes very much like Coke classic but with 0 calories...

isnt this diet coke?? i dont get it.

Robot
06-09-2005, 09:11 AM
diet coke doesnt taste like coke classic with 0 calories..

c2 has alot of sugar.

this does taste like coke classic with 0 calories.

you are a moron.

turdferguson
06-09-2005, 09:22 AM
yup, im the moron alright. yet youre the one filling your body with this garbage!!! yum yum!!

ok, lets come out with these coke products next:

coke with 5% sugar
coke with 10% sugar
coke with 15% sugar
coke with splenda and sugar mixed (wait thats c2)
coke with ace k, aspertame and splenda!
diet coke that tastes like coke
diet coke that doesnt taste like coke
diet coke that sorta tastes like coke

lets splinter our brand more, and confuse the consumer more as well!!!

keep drinking it dude, its good for you, really it is.

drpep
06-09-2005, 10:31 AM
Coke Zero is the best diet version of Coke. As soon as cans come out it will replace Pepsi One in my soda stockpile.

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-09-2005, 11:05 AM
I will have to agree with turd that Coke is confusing the consumer, at least those who don't keep up with all the new calorie-free sweeteners.

Honestly, people, Coke Zero does not taste like a full-calorie soda. It still tastes diet.

We'll cure cancer before we make a non-caloric sweetener that indiscernable from sugar.

Robot
06-09-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by turdferguson:
keep drinking it dude, its good for you, really it is. umm, okay...

loser.

turdferguson
06-09-2005, 12:53 PM
stop calling me names jimmy, its so hurtful. you called me a moron and a loser in the same day, i dont know if i can go on.

look here richard, you can drink whatever youd like, if you want to defend cheap swill full of artificial ingredients til your insides rot, go for it. i was merely trying to make a point that coke is going to severly confuse their customers by continuing to splinter the brand, and if you would take the time to read other peoples thoughts on this very board, you would see that lots of people agree. now go crack open another "cokeduh" or whatever its called and enjoy....

your friend....turd

Empire State Buddy
06-09-2005, 12:53 PM
it's very simple:

diet coke tastes like "new" coke/pepsi & sweetened with aspartame.

diet coke with splend is diet coke but with splenda.

coke zero is coke "classic" sweetened with aspartame/ace k.

people can try them and drink the one they like the best.

turdferguson
06-09-2005, 12:56 PM
yes, see its very simple!!

Robot
06-09-2005, 12:58 PM
turd, you whine and whine about the coke diet products, if you dont like them or care abotu them, why are you in a thread about them constantly complaining?

you suck at life.

Empire State Buddy
06-09-2005, 01:00 PM
so, since diet coke tastes like "new" coke which tasted like pepsi...

and since diet coke sells about twice as well as diet pepsi... does this mean that coke makes better diet pepsi... than pepsi? LOL. smile.gif

turdferguson
06-09-2005, 01:09 PM
stop directing comments in my direction jimmy, i can almost see you mouthbreathing in front of the computer. im done.

Empire State Buddy
06-09-2005, 02:38 PM
wow. it's gettin hot in here. i could really use a nice, refreshing bottle of coke zero. LOL.

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-09-2005, 04:42 PM
LOL

The Interpreter
06-09-2005, 07:39 PM
ESB: That's Coke Zero (note the capitals! And tell me where you get it, if you find any!)

smile.gif

MDCoke
06-09-2005, 09:48 PM
Another fine bottle today of Coke Zero (caps appropriate) from Sheetz in Frederick, MD and Leesburg, VA.
And it tastes nothing like Diet Coke, with or without Splenda.

Empire State Buddy
06-09-2005, 10:53 PM
i better tastes come COKE ZERO soon... or i might get used to this splenda crap. LOL.

Mr Zabe
06-10-2005, 12:25 AM
I just brought many bottles of Coke Zero.
See the Coke Zero official thread for my review. LOL

Simply said...Coke Zero will soon be one of the top three sellers in most regional markets. It kicks heavy arse. It tastes great cold or on the rocks.

A pleasure to drink for sure. LOL

Zabe

[ 06-10-2005, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Empire State Buddy
06-10-2005, 02:29 AM
why isn't it in nyc yet? d*mnit!

The Interpreter
06-10-2005, 06:39 AM
Or in Take Me Home, Country Roads? Sigh.

mjb1124
06-10-2005, 10:55 PM
Finally had one...and wow...Diet Coke with Splenda was pretty damn good but this blows it away. It basically tastes like Coke, with a hint of the old Pepsi One. And I agree, this stuff actually tastes better than C2. I guess that means that C2 is obsolete now.

Mr Zabe
06-11-2005, 12:10 AM
MDOCJ,
Welcome to the club. LOL
Coke Zero rocks!!!!!!
Zabe

Empire State Buddy
06-11-2005, 03:59 AM
wow! so, so far, everyone likes the zero the best. and, you're right, if it tastes like C2... then C2 is history.

BottleBoss
06-13-2005, 08:30 AM
I tried this Coke Zero over the weekend. Tastes like diet coke with spleda to me. Same flat taste, etc.... Zero describes it.

Mr Zabe
06-13-2005, 08:50 AM
Did you try pouring it over a nice stack of ice cubes? Did you drink it ice cold? Many of us had a somewhat similar reaction. LOL On ice Coke Zero takes on a more similar taste to coke classic.

It's all cool, different taste buds for different soda pop addicts. smile.gif

XLS_04
06-13-2005, 08:57 AM
Coke zero tastes like regular Coke with a NutraSweet aftertaste. It tastes better then C2 which was just Coke and Diet Coke mixed together. However if this lasts it will most likely be changed to Splenda.

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-13-2005, 09:05 AM
BottleBoss,

I felt the same way as you.

But do yourself a favor: Try it again, this time with ice, and as you drink it, try to think about how the Diet Coke flavor is different than normal Coke. And then try to taste the real Coke flavor in Coke Zero.

It works.

And it will rock your world. ;)

The Interpreter
06-13-2005, 08:43 PM
XLS_04, Coke (and everybody else) has Splenda supply constraints. There is no more to be had. If Coke WANTED to switch ALL Diet Coke and Coke Zero to Splenda tomorrow (which it may, for all I know), it couldn't get enough supply....

Mr Zabe
06-13-2005, 10:58 PM
I just open a fridge pack of coke zero.
It had been cooling down since Saterday.

It's hard to believe but coke zero out of can tastes nearly like coke classic. Just outstanding,no after taste....the sweet taste did not linger as much as it did on the rocks from a bottle.

[ 06-13-2005, 11:14 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

jmyjunk
06-14-2005, 02:53 PM
Ok-

So Coca Cola Zero is based on the Coke Classic formulation. Diet Coke is based on New Coke of 1985 fame.

Does that mean, Coca Cola Zero, is the formulation of Diet Coke when it was launched in 1982?

Any thoughts?

bossfan2000
06-14-2005, 03:29 PM
I found it here in Nashville at the Walmart neighborhood market...

Although I prefer pepsi to coke, Coke Zero is really good. I also prefer Splenda, but for some reason dont love Diet Coke with Splenda

I think Coke Zero tastes almost exactly like regular coke...so gain, though regular coke is not my fav, coke zero is much better than any other diet cola so far

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-14-2005, 03:56 PM
No that I'm an expert on it, but I believe Diet Coke had the same formula(give or take) since it launched.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Coke Zero is the first diet version of the original (classic) CocaCola formula.

mjb1124
06-14-2005, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by jmyjunk:
Ok-

So Coca Cola Zero is based on the Coke Classic formulation. Diet Coke is based on New Coke of 1985 fame.

Does that mean, Coca Cola Zero, is the formulation of Diet Coke when it was launched in 1982?

Any thoughts? No. New Coke was actually based on Diet Coke.

Empire State Buddy
06-14-2005, 04:23 PM
so the chicken came before the egg... smile.gif

XLS_04
06-15-2005, 04:00 AM
they say eventually Diet Coke will out sell regular Coke. I know people that buy it just because they like the taste and not because they need it.

The Interpreter
06-15-2005, 06:49 AM
Pepsi has actually publicly announced that from now on it is treating Diet Pepsi as the flagship cola marketing-wise. The future is in Diet, which is gaining market, and the regular colas are all losing share.

As the population ages and obesity is more and more of a problem, this looks to only continue...

Mr Zabe
06-15-2005, 09:33 AM
Here is just a therory......
As people gain wealth and the economy get stronger and the unemployment rate drops.....consumers seek to reward themselves with luxury items.

Even lower to middle income people/families do this by consuming better food/more food and higher quality "comfort foods".

I maintain that sugar soda pops are still considered comfort foods/drinks. People love the taste (in general) of sugar soda pops. As the economy gets better and stays better, I would guess the consumption of sugar (corn syrup) soda pops will increase as well. (People will seek to reward themselves and drink less diet/zero cal drinks.)

A drink for thought. I would still fight to the end for a cold coke in an ice cold bottle. LOL

[ 06-15-2005, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Empire State Buddy
06-15-2005, 01:48 PM
coca-cola classic has an 18% market share. pepsi is around 12%. and diet coke is around 10%.

diet coke may pass pepsi in the next decade (if you combine diet coke & diet coke with splenda), but... it will be a long, long time before it passes coca-cola classic (that's almost double diet coke's current market share... and billions and billions of servings of soda).

i think sugary colas/sodas have been losing ground lately because of "energy" type drinks (red bull, gatorade, etc.)... but... eventually, the bleeding will stop... and they'll level out somewhere.

as for what zabe said about "some people prefer the taste of diet"... he's right... my brother does. if given the choice, he chooses diet coke. he doesn't like the taste of regular coke (anymore). i'll definitely introduce him to ZERO (if it ever gets to nyc).

i, however, LOVE regular coke classic... and usually order it on the weekend if i'm out to dinner (diet just generally ruins a meal for me... i'd rather have iced tea). maybe zero will change that for me. i hope so. we'll see. but i don't expect it at restaurants for a couple of years, at least.

Empire State Buddy
06-15-2005, 01:52 PM
anyway... the above message wasn't the message i signed on to type... but you guys got my yapping. LOL.

i signed on to agree with what someone else might've mentioned... that... once the splenda shortage is over... regular diet coke may be discontinued... and coke zero will be coke's aspartame/ace-k drink... and diet coke w/ splenda will eventually just become diet coke. like diet coke with nutrasweet replaced the original.

still, with the soda market and market share being as competitive as it is... maybe coke will just keep 2 diet coke's. but if that's the case... maybe they just should've invented a new name.

diet coke
diet classic (which is now called zero)
coke zero (which would be diet coke w/ splenda)

or something like that. sure... it's a little confusing... but i think it's more confusing to have TWO "diet cokes" with almost the same packageing.

Coke04
06-21-2005, 04:19 PM
HOLY CRAP.

I just had my first Coke Zero last night. I wasn't expecting much, thinking Coke had already outdone itself with DCw/Splenda. I was wrong, this is my diet drink. Now I can tell the difference between the flavoring in Diet Coke and Coke Zero.

I think the sweetener is good, not over-sweet like some diets.

Empire State Buddy
06-21-2005, 10:49 PM
zero is definitely the best. i guess coke's main job is to get people to try it (cold).

what remains to be seen is whether "diet coke heads" will make the switch to a new brand. since it's the same company (coke), they might.

we'll see...

The Interpreter
06-21-2005, 10:57 PM
I am sure the Coca-Cola Company would be more thrilled if Pepsi and Diet Pepsi fans became converts to Coca-Cola Zero! smile.gif

Empire State Buddy
06-21-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by The Interpreter:
I am sure the Coca-Cola Company would be more thrilled if Pepsi and Diet Pepsi fans became converts to Coca-Cola Zero! smile.gif clearly. smile.gif it's all about overall market share.

still, i think diet coke with splenda is more likely to attract pepsi/diet pepsi drinkers... since it tastes more like pepsi.

and that zero is aimed at classic drinkers... who make the switch to diet.

still, either way... zero just tastes better than ALL of them out there... and will probably siphon off a little from everyone.

but, again, coke's got to get people to TRY IT first.

The Interpreter
06-25-2005, 05:40 PM
Well, they are trying! The Kroger in Portsmouth, Ohio has a special starting tomorrow. Buy four twelve packs twelve ounce cans of Coke Zero (prominently featured in the ads), Coke, Diet Coke or Sprite, buy ten dollars worth of other groceries, instantly get another twelve pack free, and a mail in rebate of $10, which makes your net cost the sales tax, or about 75 cents, for sixty cans of Coke Zero!

That ought to get people excited!

The WV/KY local Krogers are NOT running this ad. They are instead having a Pepsi special (must be Pepsi's week--they seem to rotate back and forth)