View Full Version : cleaning up..

01-25-2007, 04:44 PM
I was sorting one of my bottle rooms last week and came across a few things you all may have forgotten about.

We all remember the 'clicker' cans but who remembers what the cartons looked like?

When .5 liter Coke bottles came out, they were packaged in take home 6 packs:

A few large bottles from yesteryear, Kist, Orange Crush, Moxie, when it was a Nerve Food:

Coke did make a champagne, for their 100th Anniversary party..

A less known Tab bottle, with a creepy, half-faced girl on the neck label:

A '52 paper label Pepsi that was only marketed one year..

For you guys that haven't ever seen really OLD coke bottles:

A few Pepsi bottles.. who remembers the Big Mouth???

Mr Zabe
01-25-2007, 06:00 PM
You have such a vast collection of soda pop treasures. Very enjoyable indeed. smile.gif

Ram0n C0keah0lic
01-25-2007, 10:14 PM
It's nice to see that the Bevboard is back, and with a lot and interesting great postings of Wonkapete! Thanks for posting them...

I remember seeing a pic of the 1996 six pack of half liter bottles on a page called CCClassic, it was a really good website but unfortunately it disappeared...

I wonder if the champagne tastes like Coke... :D

[ 01-25-2007, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

01-25-2007, 11:04 PM
Those baskets were about the worst packaging ever invented - people would constantly take single bottles out of the six packs.

We also had the baskets for 20oz 6 packs before 16.9oz 6 packs were launched - we had to bend (they were flat) them and fill them by hand.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
01-26-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by fusion:
Those baskets were about the worst packaging ever invented - people would constantly take single bottles out of the six packs. But I remember once I bought in a store a half liter bottle in U.S. and the label said that the bottle wasn't available for individual sale, even it didn't had a bar code... they didn't placed that warning in the 1996 label?

01-26-2007, 12:13 PM
I've seen that happen too. The store owner's don't always abide by this rule. I've bought individual sodas from stores before with this message. Fusion, do these stores ever get 'busted'? A warning or anything?