PDA

View Full Version : "Suicide" sodas

iWrestle
01-25-2007, 11:15 PM
I'm not sure what everyone else calls them but here in Iowa when we mix different beverages we call them "suicides." I was just wonder if anyone has any favorite mixes.
I like to mix sprite with some HI-C Orange at any fast food restaurants that have both.

drpep
01-26-2007, 11:11 AM
The Whataburgers in the Concord, NC area (NOT the Texas Whataburger) have a drink called the Witch Doctor, they mix a bit of every drink from the fountain and toss in a pickle.

Popboy
01-26-2007, 01:59 PM
Suicides? many moons ago when I worked in the fast food industry we called it "Swamp Water"...

mofizz
01-26-2007, 02:30 PM
We don't have Cherry Lemon Sundrop here but alot of places have both Sundrop and Code Red Mountain Dew on fountain. Mix them together and it's pretty tasty. Go heavy on the Sundrop.

fusion
01-26-2007, 06:41 PM
I went to a scout camp once, they had a drink called a frozen suicide - coke, sprite, and fanta orange.

rackitup
01-27-2007, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by drpep:
The Whataburgers in the Concord, NC area (NOT the Texas Whataburger) have a drink called the Witch Doctor, they mix a bit of every drink from the fountain and toss in a pickle. A Pickle? LOL

On the West Coast I have heard of a variety of fountain drinks mixed together called a "graveyard".

Dobroplayer
01-28-2007, 03:30 AM
The Whataburgers in the Concord, NC area (NOT the Texas Whataburger) have a drink called the Witch Doctor, they mix a bit of every drink from the fountain and toss in a pickle.That almost makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it. :eek: :confused: :mad:

DG

Mana211
01-30-2007, 05:42 PM
In Tennessee as a kid the Skating Rink sold "suicide" drinks like crazy. I used to have them. But to me the term meant a shot of everything on the fountain not just a specific mix.

Troy The Vault Drinker
04-08-2007, 08:48 PM
they call them suicides here too
back when i used to go to the skating rink every friday when i was really young. they used to have surge in the fountain so it was even better with surge in it.
but they had... coke, diet coke, sprite, surge, dr pepper, & root beer
theyd mix everything but the diet coke and thats what i usually got... IT WAS GOOD. but anyway.. surge got replaced with cherry coke.. the suicides arent that good anymore.. they might have put vault where cherry coke is i dont know its been like 2 years since i went to the skating rink. NOBODY GOES THERE ANYMORE./.. its all about the movies :D which is gettin too expensive >:(

Rob The SURGE Drinker
04-08-2007, 09:49 PM
They recently tore down the skating rink in the town where i live because nobody was going there... Ours had SURGE too.

DrPepperYummy
04-09-2007, 02:03 PM
I'm not sure what everyone else calls them but here in Iowa when we mix different beverages we call them "suicides." I was just wonder if anyone has any favorite mixes.
I like to mix sprite with some HI-C Orange at any fast food restaurants that have both.

Let's not forget the best drink of them all.... DrPepper!!! 23 flavors I guess according to the latest advertising on tv and the big 23 on the front of the label now... the whole concept of drpepper was based off this idea, a little bit of everything he had in the warehouse?

DGibb
04-09-2007, 06:42 PM
Growing up, I used to go to a little ice cream stand and get Suicide Slushes. It would be all of the different slush syrups mixed together. It was always the sweetest and sugariest, and the best for a kid from ages 6-11.

I will occasionally add a bit of lemonade to Pepsi at work, but my Suicide days are over. I prefer the Wild Cherry Pepsi at work by far. (I work at Famous Dave's BBQ in Novi, MI).