PDA

View Full Version : PREDICTIONS...

Empire State Buddy
06-10-2005, 02:41 AM
please post your predictions for the new products here...

1--coke zero will knockout c2, and c2 will be discontinued within a couple years

2--diet coke w/ splenda will overtake regular diet coke within a couple years.

3--pepsi one will be discontinued... after pepsi offers a diet pepsi w/ splenda.

4--by the end of next year, both versions of diet coke will be on the top 10 beverage list, and, possibly, even coke zero as well.

XLS_04
06-10-2005, 04:44 AM
Coke zero have a 99% chance of replacing Coke C2, it will be up to you're local bottler when they finally drop C2.

The purpose of Diet Coke with Splenda was to take over older Diet Coke, however it will be sold along side the new version for those that still prefer the older sweetner.

Coke zero will most likely get the same audience as C2 since they were both targeted towards the same demographics. However it might do better this time around since it will have no calories since that was most consumers complaint.

[ 06-10-2005, 04:47 AM: Message edited by: XLS_04 ]

The Interpreter
06-10-2005, 06:44 AM
One reason Diet Coke continues not to have Splenda in the main version is supply constraints. There simply isn't enough Splenda to go around. Yet.

Also, Splenda hasn't been around all THAT long. For all we know, it may be the next cyclamates...and be banned, even if for no reason....like cyclamates. Before you tell me how silly that is, think arthritis pain relief drugs, and how quickly those bans came...and how accepted and safe those drugs were considered before the action.

I just want to taste Coke Zero. If it is at all good, Diet Coke will be history for me. And it has nothing to do with the word "Diet." Even if I am nearing 50 and have lost 60 pounds (with nearly 50 more to go...yep, I was a big feller...)

The Interpreter
06-10-2005, 06:46 AM
Also, though I just posted this in another thread, it belongs better here:

I cannot imagine that this Coke Zero will NOT be a hit.

It wouldn't surprise me if, within 10 years, it outsells Diet Coke, and perhaps even Coke itself.

Empire State Buddy
06-10-2005, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by XLS_04:
Coke zero have a 99% chance of replacing Coke C2, it will be up to you're local bottler when they finally drop C2.

The purpose of Diet Coke with Splenda was to take over older Diet Coke, however it will be sold along side the new version for those that still prefer the older sweetner.

Coke zero will most likely get the same audience as C2 since they were both targeted towards the same demographics. However it might do better this time around since it will have no calories since that was most consumers complaint. i pretty much agree with everything you just said.

though, since a larger % of soda volume comes from "fountains" (i.e., fast food)... until DCwS or Zero are offered at restaurants, they'll never overtake Diet Coke... which is everywhere.

so, it will take time.

but, as for C2... it's days are probably numbered. i mean, if Zero tastes as good... why would i buy C2?

Empire State Buddy
06-10-2005, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by The Interpreter:
I just want to taste Coke Zero. If it is at all good, Diet Coke will be history for me. And it has nothing to do with the word "Diet." Even if I am nearing 50 and have lost 60 pounds (with nearly 50 more to go...yep, I was a big feller...) Exactly. I'll only drink Diet Coke when I have to. smile.gif

The Interpreter
06-10-2005, 06:50 AM
Why buy C2? I can only think of one reason. You were one of the six people who used to buy Pepsi Edge and you have to buy something.

I never understood the whole C2/Pepsi Edge proposition. More expensive than regular or diet. All one had to do, if what you wanted was what these were, is mix Pepsi/Coke with Diet...50/50. Save money. Control the proportions. Not fool yourself.

These products were answers to needs/wants virtually no one had.

Empire State Buddy
06-10-2005, 07:53 AM
i like C2 because it tastes pretty close to regular coke for me... but with half the calories.

so, i drink it instead of Classic. this way, i can drink twice as much... with the same calories.

as far as mixing, diet and regular... bah. it's not the same.

smile.gif

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-10-2005, 08:34 AM
I think C2 will vanish within 1 year. 4 lower calorie sodas is way too much for consumers. Not to mention that C2 sales aren't good.

Once sucralose prices go down, it will replace aspertame in Diet Coke(unless too many people complain about the lack of bitter aftertaste).

I also think that Coke Zero will gain converts; mainly people who casually drink Diet Coke, not the hardcore drinkers. Coke Zero's taste is similar, but better in my opinion.

I dunno about Diet Pepsi and Pepsi One. They're not the same soda. I like Pspsi One, but hate Diet Pepsi. I'm not sure that replacing the aspertame in Diet Pepsi will satisfy the Pepsi One fanatics, of which there aren't too many.

I hate to see a company pull a product off the shelves because it's not a HUGE seller. That's why I'm happy that there are still things like Pepsi One and Mello Yello still out there. Everyone's tastes can be satisfied.

BottleBoss
06-10-2005, 09:01 AM
I don't see the point in having C2, Diet Coke, and Coke Zero all at the same time. One or more will be gone in the close future.

Empire State Buddy
06-10-2005, 09:02 AM
good point about variety.

i mean, i'm glad coke didn't cancel C2. but... that's because there wasn't a diet soda out there that tasted close enough to regular coke. if Zero is everything everyone is saying it is. i may abandon C2... even though i'm a huge fan and avid buyer.

for example, i buy C2 in place of the Classic i used to buy. but i drink C2 twice as fast... because i drink twice as much of it. so, in a way, coke made more money off of me b/c of C2... even though it was only a niche product.

still, like i said, i may not be buying it much longer if Zero is as good as everyone says. it all comes down to taste. smile.gif

bigrich
06-10-2005, 11:18 AM
At the company I work for we only sell Pepsi products and at my location Pepsi One outsells Diet Pepsi. Pepsi One sells better than Diet Pepsi but not by much.

[ 06-10-2005, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: bigrich ]

Empire State Buddy
06-10-2005, 12:40 PM
some lady i work with drinks pepsi one as well. but she's the only person i know who drinks it.

on the other hand, i don't know anyone who drinks diet pepsi... so...

[ 06-10-2005, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: Empire State Buddy ]

Look In The Tunk
06-10-2005, 12:59 PM
1. I give C2 another year, and then it will be something like Coke II, and will be found in scarce areas of the country.

2. I read on a journal ****** that they called Coke about Diet Coke w/ Splenda repacing regular Diet Coke, and the person at Coke said that it will never happen.

3. I think Pepsi One will be like Coke's TAB in a few years--be hard to find.

4. I don't think drinks like Coke Zero, Diet Coke with Splenda will ever be on a top 10 list. Or at the very least it will be 8 and 9.

mjb1124
06-10-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Empire State Buddy:
please post your predictions for the new products here...

1--coke zero will knockout c2, and c2 will be discontinued within a couple yearsMost likely - probably sooner than that, in fact.

2--diet coke w/ splenda will overtake regular diet coke within a couple years.If you mean "overtake" in the sense that it will become more prominent, then yes, it's very possible. However, I don't think that old Diet Coke will be discontinued anytime this decade.

3--pepsi one will be discontinued... after pepsi offers a diet pepsi w/ splenda.No, because Pepsi One essentially is Diet Pepsi with Splenda.

4--by the end of next year, both versions of diet coke will be on the top 10 beverage list, and, possibly, even coke zero as well. I certainly wouldn't rule that out.

[ 06-10-2005, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: Mountain Dew Or Crab Juice? ]

Empire State Buddy
06-10-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by TheConnieVandelayShow:
1. I give C2 another year, and then it will be something like Coke II, and will be found in scarce areas of the country.

2. I read on a journal ****** that they called Coke about Diet Coke w/ Splenda repacing regular Diet Coke, and the person at Coke said that it will never happen.

3. I think Pepsi One will be like Coke's TAB in a few years--be hard to find.

4. I don't think drinks like Coke Zero, Diet Coke with Splenda will ever be on a top 10 list. Or at the very least it will be 8 and 9. i think you're very wrong about #4. caffeine free diet coke is in the top ten... and it's only sold at retail (as opposed to fountains... and vending machines). i think Zero and DCwS will get wider distribution by next year (i.e. vending machines, and, possibly, restaurant fountains). either Zero or DCwS could overtake Diet Pepsi within a couple of years.

ramonazo
06-10-2005, 03:59 PM
The prediction of Diet Coke with Splenda may will be come true, check www.phillycoke.com (http://www.phillycoke.com) and you'll see that there's only Diet Coke Splenda in the brand portfolio and no Regular Diet Coke...

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-10-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Mountain Dew Or Crab Juice?:

No, because Pepsi One essentially is Diet Pepsi with Splenda.

That's not true. Do a back-to-back taste test.

Remember, Pepsi One JUST converted to Splenda. Before, it was still a separate drink from Diet Pepsi.

However, if you're saying this simply to mean that Pepsi One is Diet Coke w/ Splenda's competitor as Diet Pepsi is to Diet Coke, then that's completely correct.

I enjoy Pepsi One and absolutely despise Diet Pepsi.

Empire State Buddy
06-10-2005, 07:10 PM
what i'm sayin is... pepsi introduced pepsi one years ago... and, though it may have a loyal following, it never really "took off." my guess is that DCwS will sell much better than POwS... just because diet coke has "the name."

what remains to be seen is whether coke zero will catch on better than pepsi one did. or whether it will be some "niche" drink that will eventually be cancelled.

i haven't tasted it yet... so i can't really say... yet.

Empire State Buddy
06-10-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by ramonazo:
The prediction of Diet Coke with Splenda may will be come true, check www.phillycoke.com (http://www.phillycoke.com) and you'll see that there's only Diet Coke Splenda in the brand portfolio and no Regular Diet Coke... so... what you're suggesting is that DCwS is going to be coke's answer to diet pepsi. and Zero is going to replace Diet Coke (as their aspartame sweetend product).

hmm. possibly.

Mr Zabe
06-10-2005, 07:15 PM
Empire State Buddy,

Once you taste the Holy Water (Coke Zero) you will see the light and change your thinking. :D
Coke Zero will be a major destination soda pop for Coke. :cool:

mjb1124
06-10-2005, 11:10 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SnappleElementsVenom:
[QB] [QUOTE]Originally posted by Mountain Dew Or Crab Juice?:

No, because Pepsi One essentially is Diet Pepsi with Splenda.

I'm familiar enough with the taste of Pepsi to be able to tell that the current (Splenda) Pepsi One formula is based on the original Pepsi formula. Now, the old (aspartame/Ace-K) Pepsi One formula tasted more distinctive to me, so that might have been a new formula, but I'm almost positive that that formula wasn't used as the basis for the new one.

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-10-2005, 11:58 PM
I agree with that.

Although, I believe that if you took the Diet Coke formula, took out aspertame, and put in the Splenda, it wouldn't taste exactly like Pepsi One.

Empire State Buddy
06-11-2005, 03:56 AM
i forgot what we were arguing about. LOL.

anyway... if pepsi is gonna make pepsi one it's diet splenda drink, then it really doesn't need to make diet pepsi with splenda... unless the 2 taste THAT different, which i doubt. i just can't see pepsi having THREE diet drinks... b/c they just don't have the market share for it.

coke can afford to fracture it's diet market a little bit, because they hold a much larger %. plus, for some reason, even though pepsi usually invents new ideas/sodas... coke knows better how to make them catch on better (maybe it's just the name).

i think that coke can maintain diet coke, diet coke with splenda, and coke zero all at once, because they're all different enough. to me, it would've made more sense just to make coke zero they're splenda drink... but... they didn't... so, that's that. smile.gif

Mr Zabe
06-11-2005, 04:36 AM
Well said. :cool:

Empire State Buddy
06-11-2005, 03:39 PM
thanks. smile.gif

Robot
06-11-2005, 03:47 PM
Pepsi One is pretty good, Ill probably stick to Pepsi one and Coke zero for my cola needs, but coke zero is the best soda introduction I've ever witnessed, its that good and will do that good IMO.

however, C2 tastes better than Zero, but thats obvious because it has some calories/sugar instead of none... but its not worth it to drink al those carbs when zero tastes almost as good wtih none.

Pepsi should not worry about making more diet versions of their colas, instead they should focus on re-doing their Mountain Dew lineup of Diets, get splenda in those or versions with splenda, Mountain Dew is a big seller and their strong point, they need to capitalize on younger people going into diets that will want a good tasting mountain dew, and diet dew tastes assy compared to regular dew.

Mr Zabe
06-11-2005, 05:23 PM
Jimmy,
You said it all. smile.gif

"coke zero is the best soda introduction I've ever witnessed"

Ten years from now we are going to say to each other that the summer of 2005 was an industry changing time for the soda pop industry. The summer of 2005 will be known as the dawn of Coke Zero. (Softly, 2001 space Odyssey played in back round. LOL)

[ 06-11-2005, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Empire State Buddy
06-11-2005, 06:07 PM
it's the biggest thing since... "new" coke. LOL. tongue.gif

Look In The Tunk
06-11-2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:

"coke zero is the best soda introduction I've ever witnessed"

I said that about Vanilla Coke three years ago. I mean everybody went all out for that stuff it seemed! It was even on the news! I mean even The Daily Show devoted 10 minutes of making fun time of the news coverage of this stuff.

Funny how Vanilla Coke has just gone into the background very quietly.

Robot
06-11-2005, 06:27 PM
vanilla coke was a decent introduction..

coke zero is leagues bigger and more important.

it amazes me the lack of advertising or hype for what will be the biggest soda introduction basically for the forseable future.

The Interpreter
06-11-2005, 06:36 PM
The advertising/marketing/hype will be huge...but won't start until people can actually FIND the stuff without driving 50 miles plus to some little tiny burg that happens to have it (and the bottler there is the same bottler that is ten miles from my house...please explain THAT one!)

Mr Zabe
06-11-2005, 06:42 PM
I agree, once Coke Zero is fully rolled out the marketing campaign will be like the 4th of July fireworks. Word of mouth will also sell this product rather well.

I predict that Coke Zero will be a soda fountain drink within a year from now. The market will demand it.

[ 06-11-2005, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

keith1024
06-13-2005, 12:20 AM
So far people in my area do not seem to be liking the idea of Coca-Cola Zero. Even on sale most people seem to pick it up and put it back down. When I try and explain the product to them they usually grap a Diet Coke or C2 instead (and pay more). I don't think that it will last here.
And Diet Coke with Splenda has not had much appeal to Diet Coke Drinkers unless it is on a very cheap sale.
C2 does fairly well here and I think that it has a chance of success in this area.
I do hope that one of them gets discontinued at some point b/c there is just not enough shelf space for all of the new products.

Mr Zabe
06-13-2005, 02:37 AM
Kieth,
There will always be a good number of consumers that are reluctant to try new products. Soon these very consumers will be at a friends house for dinner or a party, they will try Coke Zero and wish they had brought some during the roll out sale.

My point is that this product will eventually sell itself just by the enormous amount of soda pop consumers in the US. Do you recall when Snack Well cookies and crackers first came out.
I remember that my Aunt was raving about how good the vanilla cream low fat cookies tasted. She served them af a family party. LOL The rest was green Snack Well cookie history. LOL My family for a good while ended up buying 2 to 3 boxes of cookies a week. Had we not tried them at my Aunts we may have never brought them.

Word of mouth is the most powerful marketing tool even more so than heavily discounted products. Not all consumers are as savvy as our fellow board mates. :cool:

Empire State Buddy
06-13-2005, 07:29 AM
i hope it doesn't flop before i even get to taste it! LOL.

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-13-2005, 08:27 AM
Yeah Anita,

I remember for years, I was always wanting a vanilla-flavored cola.

Before Vanilla Coke came out, I'd get my fix at Sonic, where I could buy a Coke and have them put vanilla flavoring in it.

But then I saw on the news (and the Daily Show) that Coke was introducing Vanilla Coke. I went crazy.

I picked one up the next morning, and "loved" it. And by that, I mean that I bought it for a couple weeks, until I realized that it just wasn't THAT good...

And then a year later, I got totally hooked on Pepsi Vanilla, a superior product in my opinion.

I like Coke more than Pepsi, but in my opinion, Pepsico's flavored colas beat the pants of Coke's.

XLS_04
06-13-2005, 09:04 AM
To respond to an earlier post it was many years that Diet Coke "in fountain" was still using saccharin. So now that Diet Coke with Splenda will take over, the older version will most likely stay in fountains for quite awhile.

I also agree with the above comment, Pepsi makes a better flavored cola then Coke for some reason.

[ 06-13-2005, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: XLS_04 ]

keith1024
06-13-2005, 12:35 PM
Yes it does take time for people to be willing to try new things but in this area C2's intro was better, so was Diet Coke with Splenda, even Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper sold more in its first weekend down here.

Look In The Tunk
06-13-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by SnappleElementsVenom:
Yeah Anita,

I picked one up the next morning, and "loved" it. And by that, I mean that I bought it for a couple weeks, until I realized that it just wasn't THAT good...

And then a year later, I got totally hooked on Pepsi Vanilla, a superior product in my opinion.

I like Coke more than Pepsi, but in my opinion, Pepsico's flavored colas beat the pants of Coke's. I got over Vanilla Coke in a few weeks. I bought a fridgepack though a few weeks ago and enjoyed it very much. It's just one off those "once in a while" sodas.

I liked Pepsi Vanilla better too. I have to buy some before they take it off the shelves (I mean it never get promoted anymore!) I loved Pepsi Twist until they tweeked with it too much, but I never ever got into Diet Pepsi Twist. I'd always stick to my Diet Coke With Lemon..which brings me back to Coke Zero. Coke Zero kicked Diet Coke With Lemon off the shelves at my local store. No. :mad:

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-13-2005, 02:09 PM
Diet Pepsi is rank. No flavor(except a new one ;) ) could change it for me.

And no offense... but you should be buying Coke Zero instead of Diet Coke with Lemon, anyway. tongue.gif

Don't hit me.

Mr Zabe
06-13-2005, 04:08 PM
Slightly off Topic.

Does anyone remember the original Pepsi with lemon soda pop that came out in the 1980's? Gosh for the past few days I have been trying to remember. I only recall that most of the people I knew did not like it, I loved it and was sad to see it go to that soda pop purgatory. LOL

It had a more true lemon taste.

Thanks
Zabe

[ 06-13-2005, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Android
06-13-2005, 04:39 PM
Pepsi Light. Was around from around 1977-1983 or so.

andy

Empire State Buddy
06-13-2005, 11:01 PM
i don't like any of the flavored colas i've tried (though i haven't tasted any of pepsi's). they all taste "artificial" or worse, to me.

The Interpreter
06-14-2005, 06:42 AM
Then you need to try Diet Pepsi with Cherry, or whatever it is they call it....

The Interpreter
06-14-2005, 06:43 AM
...and, on second thought, the Diet Pepsi with Lime, too...

sodacec
06-14-2005, 12:54 PM
I also agree with the above comment, Pepsi makes a better flavored cola then Coke for some reason. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Hi...I'll tell you why Pepsi's flavored products are better... the highher acidity level of Coke, or should I say the lower acidity-level of regular Pepsi. Coke's high acidity conflicts too much with some flavorings. When I want plain cola...it's Coke all the way becuase of that great 'bite' (Though the new Pepsi One is very good too). Because citrus is naturally acidic, Coke is pretty good in the lemon/lime versions(Pepsi Lime is WAY better though...much fresher & more vibrant lime flavor) But, I think Pepsi in particular works much better in the vanilla and cherry versions than Coke becuase it is less acidic. High Acidy + Vanilla or Cherry = Increased Bitterness. That's why I've had a love affair with Pepsi Vanilla ever since its introduction. It's smoother and creamier with no bitter aftertaste, which is exactly how vanilla cola should be. Plus, perhaps the fact that Pepsi uses real vanilla extract versus whatever "natural flavors" Coke uses is another contributing factor. I do like Vanilla Coke once in a while, but Pepsi Vanilla is in a class by itself as a delicious treat in both regular and diet versions (very impressive for a diet).

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-14-2005, 01:03 PM
Wild Cherry Pepsi is absolutely wonderful. The Cherry flavor is deep, but very sweet. It's one of the sweetest sodas I know.

Pepsi Lime's flavor is stronger than Coke with Lime, so that you can actually taste the fruit flavor. The lime flavor also tastes more natural.

Pepsi Vanilla was my favorite soda at one point. It one of the smoothest sodas you'll ever taste, with its natural vanilla taste. Pick one up before they discontinue it.

Coke needs to stick with Classic and Zero.
Get rid of everything else! tongue.gif
(Except maybe Aruba Jam)

Empire State Buddy
06-14-2005, 02:17 PM
so vanilla pepsi is being discontinued too. did they ever make a diet vanilla pepsi?

how are coke's vanilla drinks doing?

i head diet coke with lime was doing well (better than lemon even).

the vanilla was ok... but i prefer regular. the lemon tastes awful to me. and the lime is a little less awful... but still not very good.

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-14-2005, 02:21 PM
I'm pretty sure they're scrapping Pepsi Vanilla. Yes, there is a Diet Pepsi Vanilla.

Coke's Vanillas aren't doing well.

I don't know how well Lime is doing.

swanker
06-14-2005, 06:50 PM
I can't even keep diet Pepsi with lime on the shelves where i work, it sells so quick.The warehouse keeps running out of it.

The Interpreter
06-15-2005, 06:43 AM
Flavor fatigue. Some flavors come and go quickly in this day of mass marketing. In addition, shelf space is at a premium (quite literally, in most cases). So what stays is what sells...

I miss the old days sometimes, when I could get the green lime Barq's in returnables, Hires Root Beer, Nesbitt's, Grapette, Bubble Up, Vernor's, Shasta in cans, Faygo in bottles, and think nothing of it.

Then again, I was a wee little kid, and couldn't afford much of any of it very often!

Mr Zabe
06-15-2005, 09:46 AM
LOL

Now bare with me...I recall as a kid over 30 years ago, that a hot dog stand located in Lock Port Illinois used to serve the hottest and best tasting hot dog. My Dad and I would go there and get hot dogs, the best part was drinking an ice cold strawberry (crush??) soda pap right out of the bottle.

OMG...It was beyond good. I would be nearly in tears when I finished the bottle. I guess that was my fist soda pop love/addiction. LOL

BottleBoss
06-15-2005, 09:53 AM
That stinks. I really like Vanilla Coke.

Empire State Buddy
06-15-2005, 01:12 PM
why doesn't cut just scrap all the "flavored" colas... and just sell flavored syrups by the pint or something. that way people could flavor their cola the way they want? since the name "coca-cola" (or pepsi) would be on the syrups, people would "trust" it, or identify the brand immediately. it would be a helluva lot cheaper than trying to market all these flavors, and then pulling them off the shelves after a couple months.

this would leave more shelf space for their flagship brands... smile.gif

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-15-2005, 01:37 PM
What a wonderful idea. :cool:

Mr Zabe
06-15-2005, 01:55 PM
ESB
That was how it was years ago.
At soda fountains, syrup was added to coke/Pepsi to make cherry coke and other flavors.

Your idea would be cool. We could make all kinds of flavors at our connivance. Think of all the ways we could "mix it" up. smile.gif Even Mix It up parties ect. Great idea!!!!!

Empire State Buddy
06-15-2005, 01:59 PM
thanks.

it's not like they'd be selling their "secret syrup"... just the flavors. kids would love the stuff (not to mention a few adults... ). LOL.

it seems so obvious. i'm sure someone at coke or pepsi has mentioned it before. maybe they just don't want to give up that much control. you know, because pepsi drinkers may be mixing coke's flavor syrups in their pepsi.

but... WHO CARES?!? the syrup would be cheap as heck for coke to make... so the profit margin would be huge. smile.gif

wasn't mcdonald's adding squirts of syrup into coke's for awhile? i'm pretty sure they were here in nyc. they're not doing it anymore though.

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-15-2005, 03:31 PM
Yeah, let's not forget that these companies(along with almost any other commercial industry) are more about making money than pleasing customers. More specifically put, they want to please the customer just enough for them to spend more money on their product. redface.gif

Accordingly, it's probably much more profitable to market a limited-time soda(Sprite Remixes, Mountain Dews, Pepsi Holiday Spice) and have it sell a little bit than to market cheap syrups. (Remember a few months ago in an earlier thread, we discussed how grossly overpriced 20oz bottles are. Even mediocre sales yield some sort of profit.)

The only way the syrups would be possible is if consumers showed a HUGE desire for them and if the syrups simply FLEW off the shelves.

People like us would be into them, but the average consumer probably doesn't want to go to the trouble to put syrup in their soda.

Admittedly, I'm no child, but I'm probably one of the younger people on the boards here, and I've seem to have missed the "soda fountain" era, and hence, the high-quality soft drinks and syrups that you could add.

However, if anyone has a Sonic in their area(it's a drive thru fast food restaurant), you can have flavored syrups added to your soft drink.

Even now that Diet Coke with Lime is out, my mother still goes to Sonic to get a lime syrup added to her Diet Coke, because she says it's better. :rolleyes:

Empire State Buddy
06-15-2005, 04:56 PM
LOL @ your mom and Sonic. smile.gif

Empire State Buddy
06-15-2005, 11:01 PM
yeah. my mom swears that coke isn't the same as it was when she was a kid. :rolleyes:

though... technically, she's correct... since they used sugar back then. but she swears it had more "fizz." who knows... maybe it did.

The Interpreter
06-15-2005, 11:08 PM
Funny. I'm older, and I distinctly remember it being both sweeter and flatter than nowadays....

Mr Zabe
06-15-2005, 11:13 PM
Gee, I just remember a cold long neck always tasting so damn good.
Always a full blown taste sensation. smile.gif

[ 06-15-2005, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Empire State Buddy
06-17-2005, 12:52 AM
geesh. i can't remember drinking from a glass bottle in years... maybe decades...