PDA

View Full Version : Coca-Cola Zero... now in Mexico! (pic of bottle)

Ram0n C0keah0lic
01-27-2007, 12:19 AM
Coca-Cola Zero, is now in Mexico!

Today in all the country Coca-Cola Zero is released in all the stores (four days before its release to the public media), the label is the same as the australian and argentinean one, and is available in three sizes: 600 ml bottle (in the pic), 8 oz. cans, 12 oz. cans and 1 liter bottle... awesome! :D

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/98/370442048_c4d178eb57_o.jpg

Welcome to Mexico, Coke Zero! :D

[ 01-28-2007, 12:39 AM: Message edited by: Ram0n C0keah0lic ]

Rob The SURGE Drinker
01-27-2007, 12:25 AM
very cool! i just picked up a 12 of coke zero here, and it is chilling in the fridge

Mr Zabe
01-27-2007, 12:54 AM
MrR
Outstanding!!!!!
Very "sexy" bottle.
It's about time. smile.gif

Ram0n C0keah0lic
01-27-2007, 03:17 AM
Cool Rob!
You're right MrZ, the bottle is really "hot"! lol :D

popologist
01-27-2007, 08:00 AM
and coke zero marches on...

jmyjunk
01-27-2007, 12:33 PM
That is a neat bottle, indeed!

Do I see the dynamic ribbon device on the bottle it self? Will we ever see such a bottle here State side?

Mr. R. have you had a chance to try this version? Is it any different to Coca Cola Light?

No Soda
01-28-2007, 12:33 AM
Umm, isn't "zero" in Spanish "cero?" ;)

Had a Zero the other night. Not bad with food. I do like the new black graphics. That Mexican bottle is an interesting interpretation of the "hobbleskirt" bottle. I guess no chance of seeing this in refillable glass in Mexico, though...

Ram0n C0keah0lic
01-28-2007, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by jmyjunk:

Do I see the dynamic ribbon device on the bottle it self? Will we ever see such a bottle here State side?

Mr. R. have you had a chance to try this version? Is it any different to Coca Cola Light? Jmy, yes, a thin dynamic ribbon appears in the bottle after the Coca-Cola logo, if I get a digicam I'll post a pic so you can see it better... and since its launching yesterday I tried it four times, and IMO it tastes completely similar to the american Coca-Cola Zero, it tastes less sweet than Coke Light and less like medicine... definetely tastes great...

Also I want to ask you a question, this mexican Coke Zero version contains 25 mg of Sodium Cyclamate, I heard an urban myth that Cyclamate may cause cancer... is this true?

[ 01-28-2007, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Ram0n C0keah0lic ]

Ram0n C0keah0lic
01-28-2007, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by No Soda:
Umm, isn't "zero" in Spanish "cero?" ;)

Had a Zero the other night. Not bad with food. I do like the new black graphics. That Mexican bottle is an interesting interpretation of the "hobbleskirt" bottle. I guess no chance of seeing this in refillable glass in Mexico, though... You're right... it's "cero", but they used the zero to make the name more original... and about the chances of releasing it in glass bottle, I think there's few chances also...

Mr Zabe
01-28-2007, 04:11 AM
Sodium Cyclamate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclamate)

This link may give you some insight. For sure it gives some understanding of Sodium Cyclamate and health risks.

[ 01-28-2007, 03:12 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

popologist
01-28-2007, 08:01 AM
i've been drinking so much coke zero lately, that last week, when i had a can of regular coke, it tasted really sweet (almost overly sweet).

i guess, after awhile, our taste buds adjust to whatever we're drinking.

Blue Efficacy
01-28-2007, 11:43 AM
So Ramon, does the Mexican Coke Zero have cyclamates, acesulfame potassium and aspartame?

popologist
01-28-2007, 02:27 PM
i LIKE that bottle! it almost looks like a sports drink. ;)

as for cyclamates... they're still legal in canada, too. i believe sweet n' low still uses cyclamates in other parts of the world as well.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
01-28-2007, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Blue Efficacy:
So Ramon, does the Mexican Coke Zero have cyclamates, acesulfame potassium and aspartame? Yup...

Ram0n C0keah0lic
01-28-2007, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by popologist:
as for cyclamates... they're still legal in canada, too. i believe sweet n' low still uses cyclamates in other parts of the world as well. Oof!... that sounds good! smile.gif

Ram0n C0keah0lic
01-28-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
Sodium Cyclamate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclamate)

This link may give you some insight. For sure it gives some understanding of Sodium Cyclamate and health risks. Thanks for the link MrZ.! smile.gif

Ram0n C0keah0lic
01-28-2007, 03:28 PM
and here's Pepsi's reaction to the launch of Coke Zero... the re-launch of Pepsi Max, here's an ad:

http://www.yucatan.com.mx/noticias/20070128/anuncios/0FILLERA35.jpg

popologist
01-28-2007, 07:07 PM
no offense to pepsi drinkers, but... again... their ads go on the attack.

when's the last time you saw a coke commercial go negative on pepsi? almost never.

but pepsi's commercials are almost always trashing coke (or diet coke). they just need to accept: coke won.

and move on.

mjb1124
01-28-2007, 07:37 PM
Yeah, I recently saw a cooler ad for the relaunched MDX that compares that product to Vault. It features a checklist with several "energy" ingredients, with the last item being "poser". I think you can guess the only item that Vault had a check for. I felt like crossing out "poser" and putting "good taste", but that would be beneath me. :D

Back on topic, I don't know why the US couldn't have used the Coke Zero design seen in numerous other countries. It seems like foreign countries have better graphics a lot of the time.

Regarding cyclamate - I've had some sodas with it while in Europe and I have to say that it's better than any sweetener we have in the US now. And from all I've gathered, I really don't think it's any worse than saccharin, aspartame, or sucralose.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
01-28-2007, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by popologist:
no offense to pepsi drinkers, but... again... their ads go on the attack.

when's the last time you saw a coke commercial go negative on pepsi? almost never. You said it, almost never, the few I remember were the ones that appeared in Univision and Telemundo in 1994 with two detectives with a red jacket and sunglasses going to people drinking Pepsi and other sodas and they switch their Pepsi cans for Coke glass bottles, and the ones of Max Headroom, and the ones of Powerade Option, that's the all I know... but the negative and comparative ads are a common pastime for Pepsi...

[ 01-28-2007, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: Ram0n C0keah0lic ]

fusion
02-22-2007, 03:06 PM
Coke Zero is about to get a big push - this is from Neville Isdell, Coke CEO:

Coke Zero -- which Isdell said was the company's most successful brand launch in 20 years -- will be launched in 35 markets by the end of 2007.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
02-22-2007, 05:44 PM
Coke Zero is about to get a big push - this is from Neville Isdell, Coke CEO:

Coke Zero -- which Isdell said was the company's most successful brand launch in 20 years -- will be launched in 35 markets by the end of 2007.

and from that 35 markets, in just two months Coke Zero has been released in 13 markets: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, Faroe Islands, Croatia, Denmark, France, Greece, Netherlands, Peru, Paraguay and Switzerland... and in June will be released in Japan... which markets will be the next ones to try Coke Zero?

Ram0n C0keah0lic
07-27-2007, 03:23 AM

YES

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1346/901303486_c285da7c00_d.jpg