PDA

View Full Version : bawls stepping up?

gecko
06-10-2005, 01:26 PM
i always considered bawls sort of a cousin to the energy drink market, the classy cobalt blue, good tasting energy drink, not really expected to compete with 8.3 oz. cans of acid.

but now i notice it is more widely available, and usually stocked right with energy drinks. i hope it could make some sort of impact, ive always loved the product for being consistent and slow-growing. i thought comp usa selling cases of it was interesting.

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-10-2005, 01:40 PM
I think Bawls is one of the classiest drinks out there.

The packaging is arguably the most beautiful in the industry.

The taste is subtle, sophisticated, delicious, and based off of natural flavors.

I'd consider it an energy drink, but it's definitely in a league of its own. I've heard industry people say that it's starting to hook the 20-somethings and even older business-types, which I think is just what it needs.

My only qualm is its price. At least where I've seen it, I can't find it for under $2.50.

Does anyone find it for cheaper?

If I could get some for $1.99 like the rest, I'd do it more often. Heck, they should make a 16oz to compete in that segment too.

fusion
06-10-2005, 10:22 PM
Is it still sold at CompUSA? I bought a 12 pack, and I'm sure it worked out to be less than $2 a bottle.

guaranajunkie
06-10-2005, 11:04 PM
It's 1.35 at the grocery store around here and various places ****** sell whole cases that come out around 1 dollar a bottle.

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-11-2005, 12:06 AM
Yup, I just checked another place today.

$2.59

Honestly, that's just too much. Bawls is good, but not for such a small amount.

:(

Hollow Man
06-11-2005, 12:28 PM
Been a fan of BAWLS for a few years now, and they're def. stepping up. Just found it in the 7-11 near me for ~$1.80. Not too bad considering CompUSA sells 12 for $18.

-HM