PDA

View Full Version : Mixing different sodas

Jonsson8
06-10-2005, 05:16 PM
Does anyone here experiment with mixing different sodas to see what things will taste like? And do you have any favorite combinations that taste really good?

Personally I enjoy mixing regular Coke and Fanta Orange together, half of each. The color isn't too appetizing but it tastes really good.

And the other day I came up with the weird idea of mixing Coke and Mountain Dew, haven't done it yet but I'm a bit curious about it so I'll have to do that sometime.

Anyone got any good soda mixing stories to share?

[ 06-10-2005, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: Jonsson8 ]

Mr Zabe
06-10-2005, 06:00 PM
Now your bringing back some childhood memories. smile.gif
I remember my Dad mixing us kids Shirley Temples
(7up and red cherry juice....oh that was a treat.

I used to mix 7 up and Strawberry Crush.
Ginger ale with coke and as I got older Rum and Coke. LOL

Now adays the only thing I mix is chocolate syrup and skim milk. LOL Somethings are ageless. LOL

Zabe

[ 06-10-2005, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

drpep
06-10-2005, 07:04 PM
There is a small burger chain in the Concord, NC area called Whataburger (NOT the Texas one) that has a drink called the Witch Doctor. A bit of each drink from the fountain mixed together with a pickle thrown in.

Shatter
06-10-2005, 09:10 PM
A pickle? What a way to ruin a soda!

Sometimes, when I get a fountain drink at a convenience store, I tend to pour two parts Dr Pepper to one part Pepsi. I started doing that because a 7-11 store down the street from my job had their Dr Pepper and Pepsi fountains right next to each other, and so I'd pour both at the same time.

Hacksaw
06-10-2005, 11:53 PM
I was trying to get something like the old New York Original Seltzer's Cola & Berry by mixing Coke & Fanta Blue Raspberry, but it didn't work.

Sometimes I mix orange, lemon limes, & related together at fountains. Colas with Torani Orgeat is wonderful. :cool:

Look In The Tunk
06-11-2005, 01:17 AM
You know how in some Seven Elevens still they have the flavor shots of cherry, vanilla, lime, and chocolate? I was feeling silly one day last week and I put a five shots of lime and five shots of cherry in an empty cup, and then I could not decide what I wanted, so I decided to go for the IBC rootbeer they still had on tap (left over from the ice cream float limited time thing) and boy, that stuff tasted like I was drinking root beer flavored cough syrup--sad thing is, I liked it. I was even thinking "if this was a real soda, I'd probably drink it all the time"

Mr Zabe
06-11-2005, 04:45 AM
Sorry but that concoction sounds something like the Three Stooges used to make at their goofy drug store. LOL

Did you get sick?

[ 06-11-2005, 04:46 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

The Interpreter
06-11-2005, 07:55 AM
I get dirty looks at fast food soda fountains. I seldom MIX sodas, but I DO do what is called "tapping out." On MOST fountains, if you rapidly hit the lever that turns on the stream of soda, (which also means you rapidly release it), the stream that comes out is far more syrup than soda. This can be overdone, but Diet Pepsi, in particular, tastes much better when it has about twice as much syrup (and correspondingly less water) than it is supposed to.

Interestingly, to me at least, McDonald's is one of the few places that the soft drinks are never, ever watered down. Same for they YUM chain (Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, KFC, Long John Silvers and A & W), most of which USED to be owned by Pepsico.

As for mixing, I sometimes add a little tapped out Sprite (nearly full syrup) to my Diet Coke, or a little regular Cherry Coke syrup to my Diet Coke (which ends up tasting MUCH better than Diet Coke with Cherry, by the way...just as to me Diet Coke with vanilla syrup from a milkshake place...(not Coca-Cola Company Diet Coke with Vanilla syrup) is much better than the Diet Coke with Vanilla that Coke sells...

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-13-2005, 08:34 AM
Jonsson,

Orange cola is always good!

Coke markets a product in Germany called Mezzo Mix, which is a spiced orange cola. It's fantastic.

I first tried it in the Coca-cola factory in Altanta, and then I finally went to Germany and got some more!

But you can't special order it from Germany, I've tried. :(

You literally have to go there and bring it back...

Mr Zabe
06-13-2005, 08:41 AM
WOW...that mix must be more valuable than gold dust. ;)

BottleBoss
06-13-2005, 09:50 PM
I pickle?! I guess you can't ruin something that sounds nasty anyway!

Jonsson8
06-15-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by SnappleElementsVenom:
Jonsson,

Orange cola is always good!

Coke markets a product in Germany called Mezzo Mix, which is a spiced orange cola. It's fantastic.

I first tried it in the Coca-cola factory in Altanta, and then I finally went to Germany and got some more!

But you can't special order it from Germany, I've tried. :(

You literally have to go there and bring it back... Mezzo Mix sounds similar to Fanta Black Orange that was marketed in Sweden in the 80's.

But hey, have you tried this site for ordering Mezzo Mix and other German sodas and food products?

http://www.germandeli.com/

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-16-2005, 08:25 AM
Wow, that site has it.

I highly recommend cola fans to try it, it's wonderful.

I do believe I might order some...

Hacksaw
06-16-2005, 09:03 PM
They have Fanta Lemon in stock again.

iluvsurge220
06-17-2005, 04:08 PM
I'm goin to Guatamala in a few weeks and I know that Fanta is down there. The only fanta flavors I've ever seen are orange, grape, and strawberry. What would you all recommend me trying?

Jonsson8
06-21-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by iluvsurge220:
I'm goin to Guatamala in a few weeks and I know that Fanta is down there. The only fanta flavors I've ever seen are orange, grape, and strawberry. What would you all recommend me trying? Are those the flavors they have in Guatemala or the ones you seen already? Orange is never wrong, a personal favorite of mine. But I'd say, try them all at least once, more if you like them. You might find a new favorite. smile.gif

Hacksaw
06-23-2005, 08:42 PM
Their Orange is better than the US version. I think they have Fanta Raspberry there; I hear it's good. Their Pineapple will probably use real sugar.

Shatter
06-24-2005, 10:41 PM
Wow. That Germandeli.com place is on the other side of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex from me. My car's acting up again, so I can't go there anytime soon, but I'm going to have to make a trip there whenever I get my car worked on.

[ 06-24-2005, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: Shatter ]