PDA

View Full Version : meijer soda

doulasc
01-28-2007, 02:24 PM
I hear meijer has their own brand of soda pop.
or they use to.I do not shop meijer often.
Since I am searching for a Cherry soda.
Does anyone know if meijer has this flavor
or is it black cherry soda.
Store brand cherry soda is the best I
will be able to do in Columbus Ohio.
The quality might not be as good as cheerwine
or cherikee red.

Thanks

Doug

Mr Zabe
01-28-2007, 03:53 PM
Doug,
I gave up on Meijer brand soda pop well over a year ago. IMO, it's not as good as other store brand soda pops. Albertsons (it's now Super Value)Safeway,Walmart are better quality/tasting soda pops.

I bet someone from your area will post some local store brands for you to try. In answer to your question, I recall Meijer had Red Pop (strawberry and cherry mix) and strawberry pop. I have yet to come across a cherry soda pop both big three or store brand.

fusion
01-28-2007, 07:46 PM
Cherry soda is very uncommon.

Canada Dry has a Wild Cherry, but it's only sold in DE, southern NJ, and the Philadelphia area.

The "red" sodas you see in store brands are bubblegummy, like Big Red/Red Flash.

I don't recall ever seeing a generic cherry soda, anywhere.

sirslash
01-29-2007, 02:43 AM
well i believe meijers cherry cola is their cherry soda... least it used to be very close to a cheerwne like flavor, Faygo has a black cherry soda very similar

Rob The SURGE Drinker
01-29-2007, 03:16 AM
I remember once buying a brand called "Old Time" or something to that extent, at the local Pick 'N save, and there was a black cherry flavor. now that pick n save is owned by roundy's, there is roundys black cherry. not very good though.