PDA

View Full Version : 12 pack shapes

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-13-2005, 10:21 AM
I must admit, fridge packs irritate me a little bit.

Personally for me, nothing beats the original 12 pack shape(everybody knows what I'm talking about).

But has anybody seen 12 packs that are 1 upright can tall and 3x4? They're like 1 foot by 9 inches by 4 inches. It's like carrying a briefcase or something.

I saw these 12 packs with Pepsi and Mt. Dew only.

Anybody else?

Mr Zabe
06-13-2005, 10:53 AM
Gee...you mean it looks like a tower?
No I have not seen it yet. I'm not too
excited about them either.

I do like the newer cubes (24 ct cans) that seems to be getting more popular. The only hard ship is with the old cases, I could just slide it in my fridge quickly, now I have to spend a few moments unpacking it. That's ok as I am a soda pop freak and I like to arrange my supply anyhow. LOL

[ 06-13-2005, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

fusion
06-13-2005, 09:29 PM
I always found the round-cornered 12 packs annoying. The Coke bottler for the Allentown PA area used to use them before they switched to fridge. They always seemed to be harder to open than a regular 3x4.

The Interpreter
06-13-2005, 09:46 PM
Not to mention they take up too much room on the REAL customer's shelves...the supermarkets and c-stores....

fusion
06-13-2005, 10:13 PM
Actually, I was in stores in Virgina last week where Pepsi is still using the old 3x4s. They just stacked them vertically, so they took up no more space width-wise than a fridge. But it looked silly, and somewhat unstable.

Look In The Tunk
06-13-2005, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by fusion:
Actually, I was in stores in Virgina last week where Pepsi is still using the old 3x4s. They just stacked them vertically, so they took up no more space width-wise than a fridge. But it looked silly, and somewhat unstable. Yup, and its hard to get a Pepsi 12 pack off a shelf if its the pack on top.

It seems that Pepsi products will never be put in fridgepacks out here.

iluvsurge220
06-14-2005, 01:45 AM
I personally have no preference between the fridge packs and the originals. A fridge pack would have just as hard of a time finding somewhere to fit in my fridge that an original twelve pack would. I havent seen the new ones yet. Though they wont fit in my fridge, I think they are cooler than the box type thing that the original was.

The Interpreter
06-14-2005, 07:45 AM
...and much easier to carry, too...

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-14-2005, 09:00 AM
Anita,

In the 7-city area of Hampton Roads, Pepsi is almost completely fridge packs.

Once in a while I'll see a less popular brand in the old school 12 pack.

Mr Zabe
06-14-2005, 11:23 AM
If I had a preference I would rather by 12 packs as a fridge pack. Like everyone else (I think) having a few favorite kinds of soda pop in the fridge is an affordable pleasure.

There are so many weekly soda pop "hot" sales in the Chicago market that it's nice to buy a fridge pack or so each week. If I'm not buying soda pop by the case, I can fit 4 fridge backs in the bottom of my fridge. The fridge pack design makes it easy at least for me to enjoy a variety of soda and keep it organized.

Don't get me wrong when my favorite brands go on sale for $3.99 a case, I will by it by the case.LOL

wonkapete
06-14-2005, 12:48 PM
I tell you what's annoying. I always try to get fridge packs that haven't been 'punched'. Since I collect soda, I search for the mint condition fridge pack. When I get to the register, I quickly tell them not to punch the carton. About half of them still do. I usually have to go back and get another one.

Look In The Tunk
06-14-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by SnappleElementsVenom:
Anita,

In the 7-city area of Hampton Roads, Pepsi is almost completely fridge packs.

Once in a while I'll see a less popular brand in the old school 12 pack. It's still the old school in areas of Suffolk, Franklin, and Smithfield.